GECKO Wrangler JL Club

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
My dealer told me today that my Gecko Sport Unlimited is showing a build date of mid August finally.
did he give an actual date or confirm that you are in D1 status?
Sponsored

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
did he give an actual date or confirm that you are in D1 status?
He just said it was showing a build date in mid August and to anticipate an early to mid September delivery. He didn't state D1, but everytime I've asked since May he has told me that I was still only in D so I'm happy for the progression finally.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
He just said it was showing a build date in mid August and to anticipate an early to mid September delivery. He didn't state D1, but everytime I've asked since May he has told me that I was still only in D so I'm happy for the progression finally.
Yeah I’ll take any positive movement on the Geckos

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
It would be interesting to know how many have been ordered so far. It seems like us Gecko owners will be few and far between.
Yeah I have to assume with it not showing on Jeep.com there are a lot of people unaware that it exists. Maybe that has been part of the holdup on getting them built.

Sponsored

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Yeah I have to assume with it not showing on Jeep.com there are a lot of people unaware that it exists. Maybe that has been part of the holdup on getting them built.
I am perfectly ok with owning a "unicorn" color. I see so many black, silver, white Wranglers in my area is ridiculous.

NFWman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grand Cherokee LTD, 2021 JL Rubicon
I am perfectly ok with owning a "unicorn" color. I see so many black, silver, white Wranglers in my area is ridiculous.
Yes! Same here in southern CT! Mostly black, white, gray (granite Crystal)…. Just a little worried I’m gonna catch the eyes of the cops a lot more! 😁

DVLDOG-USMC

First Name
CL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Green JLU & 2014 Dodge Challenger
It’s definitely a unique color. There wasn’t many made back in 2012/13. I was always asked about my JK if it was a factory paint color. Clearly with only word of mouth about Gecko being an option, it seems that not very many will be made.

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Just called my dealership and they are showing a ship date of 7/29 currently. I don't necessarily think that's accurate but that's more promising than anything else I've gotten.
Mine told me a while back that mine was going to be built July 28, whether that meant shipped or built Im not sure, but as of yesterday I'm still in the parts gathering stage according to Jeep chat and my dealer says I'm in D status still.

NFWman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grand Cherokee LTD, 2021 JL Rubicon
Similar situation here… My order was placed 6 weeks ago onJune 7th, and Jeep Chat says I’m still in the parts gathering stage.
Hoping that next week they’ll start building the Geckos and that they’ll bang ‘em all out over the next couple weeks. My leased vehicle needs to be turned-in by Aug 16th, so fingers crossed!!

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
Similar situation here… My order was placed 6 weeks ago onJune 7th, and Jeep Chat says I’m still in the parts gathering stage.
Hoping that next week they’ll start building the Geckos and that they’ll bang ‘em all out over the next couple weeks. My leased vehicle needs to be turned-in by Aug 16th, so fingers crossed!!
A forum member here has a 22 JUL build date and there are several other members with build dates next week so progress.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
so there are currently Gecko orders in D1 status?

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband