Sponsored

GECKO Wrangler JL Club

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Just checked in with Jeep Chat and parts are still being gathered for my build. Had I known it would take this long Im not sure I would've done Gecko/GG. I could've had my Jeep back towards the end of May more than likely without these 2 options.
Sponsored

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
Just checked in with Jeep Chat and parts are still being gathered for my build. Had I known it would take this long Im not sure I would've done Gecko/GG. I could've had my Jeep back towards the end of May more than likely without these 2 options.
and about $1500-2000 cheaper because it would’ve been ordered prior to the increase.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
and about $1500-2000 cheaper because it would’ve been ordered prior to the increase.
If my Jeep ends up being $2k more than when I originally ordered it they will 100% be selling it to someone else. I’ve already lost most of my interest in it.

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Might as well post up! I bought this 3yrs ago right after my Hellcat as a winter vehicle. Did help it was my favorite color. This cloth interior and no bells and whistles plain ass Jeep won me over. So much so selling the HC and upgrading to a 392. It's true what they say. You don't get until you do get it.
Jeep Wrangler JL GECKO Wrangler JL Club Screenshot_20200710-215438_Gallery
Jeep Wrangler JL GECKO Wrangler JL Club 20181207_155353

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If my Jeep ends up being $2k more than when I originally ordered it they will 100% be selling it to someone else. I’ve already lost most of my interest in it.
I may be mistaken but I think the price increase went into affect he same time Gecko came online to order. It wouldn’t be more than you ordered but if you had ordered prior to Gecko it would’ve most likely been in before the overall price increase.

Sponsored

spenchey

First Name
spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every JL you can wish for
I may be mistaken but I think the price increase went into affect he same time Gecko came online to order. It wouldn’t be more than you ordered but if you had ordered prior to Gecko it would’ve most likely been in before the overall price increase.

I think you are correct

Tudor97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Agreed the hype i had originally has died off thankfully i was able to get my deposit back so im not on the hook for it anymore.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Agreed the hype i had originally has died off thankfully i was able to get my deposit back so im not on the hook for it anymore.
Where did you order from?

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand what you mean now, I agree and had I not been waiting for Gecko I would've ordered even sooner

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Might as well post up! I bought this 3yrs ago right after my Hellcat as a winter vehicle. Did help it was my favorite color. This cloth interior and no bells and whistles plain ass Jeep won me over. So much so selling the HC and upgrading to a 392. It's true what they say. You don't get until you do get it.
You will LOVE the 392. Omg. Its AHHHHMAZING!

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
I'm about 24 hours away from pulling the trigger on a Gecko Rubicon XR. Have you wheeled with this color? How does it handle light scratches? It looks like it would actually hide them pretty well, but I'd love to hear from an owner. I don't baby my Jeeps and I overland extensively. OTOH, I don't like them to look like crap when they're all cleaned up. I enjoy bright colors. If I wanted easy, I'd just get Fridge White and be done with it.

Any insight would be mucho appreciated. Thank you.

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
I'm about 24 hours away from pulling the trigger on a Gecko Rubicon XR. Have you wheeled with this color? How does it handle light scratches? It looks like it would actually hide them pretty well, but I'd love to hear from an owner. I don't baby my Jeeps and I overland extensively. OTOH, I don't like them to look like crap when they're all cleaned up. I enjoy bright colors. If I wanted easy, I'd just get Fridge White and be done with it.

Any insight would be mucho appreciated. Thank you.
I can say the shop that cares for my vehicles(Chicago Auto Pros) well does the biweekly washes, coatings ect. has said that Mopar paints are far better then most brands. Though I don't off road much she's a 16 with over 100k miles and when washed still shines like new. What minor imperfections she has due to time you really have to focus on to notice. Love the color. I think you will as well.

Last edited:

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still at D as of this morning. Monday will be 11 weeks.