GECKO Wrangler JL Club

asm1125

First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
So I just chatted with FCA and got " your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they are available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. "... when I last checked 2 weeks ago I got "I am showing all the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process soon."...

This is a step in the wrong direction, right? They also told me today that the Toledo Assembly Complex is taking a down week this week.

I'm trying my best to remain patient because I don't NEED a new vehicle, but this is frustrating to say the least.

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
So I just chatted with FCA and got " your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they are available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. "... when I last checked 2 weeks ago I got "I am showing all the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process soon."...

This is a step in the wrong direction, right? They also told me today that the Toledo Assembly Complex is taking a down week this week.

I'm trying my best to remain patient because I don't NEED a new vehicle, but this is frustrating to say the least.
I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. Except i got told two different answers in the span of 30 minutes.

Sponsored

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle

same happened to me. I’m still at D status.

NFWman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grand Cherokee LTD, 2021 JL Rubicon

Yeah, that definitely sounds like a step in the wrong direction! Sounds like maybe I should look into extending my current Grand Cherokee lease (expiring Aug 16th) for an extra month.... My JLU Rubicon order (placed on June 7th) probably won't be ready in time. But still glad I ordered the Gecko Green!

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I reached out to my dealer today and I was told they have 25 ordered units including mine that have been accepted but not sequenced yet, also sounds like the plant is out right now and expected to return soon. Im really hoping it's built in the next couple weeks.

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Ordered 5/20
Update 7/12:

Alright, thank you again for your patience here. I am thrilled to let you know, your vehicle is now about to enter assembly, scheduling status currently. Congratulations! We lack an ETA at this time but please keep in touch with us for the very latest.

asm1125

First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Ordered 5/20
Update 7/12:

Alright, thank you again for your patience here. I am thrilled to let you know, your vehicle is now about to enter assembly, scheduling status currently. Congratulations! We lack an ETA at this time but please keep in touch with us for the very latest.
How did you even get that far? The chat rep basically told me that my status was this and there was nothing else he could do 😑

Sponsored

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did you even get that far? The chat rep basically told me that my status was this and there was nothing else he could do 😑
I say "Hello [their name}, I ordered a Wrangler and was wondering what the status of it is. [and then send my name, address, phone #, and vin]." Sometimes I get somewhat cryptic stuff and sometimes I get stuff like that.

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Well this is a new response I haven't gotten yet. Still says about the same as always though. Just in different words.

To summarize, my Jeep still hasn't been built yet.

"Thank you so much for holding Chad and I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. I do see there is a priority on your order. I would also like to mention the plant your vehicle is being build at is Toledo Assembly Complex and the Toledo Assembly Complex will take a previously scheduled down week the week of July 12 to perform general maintenance."

Reactions: Kez

Kez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Tide (Punk’n)
Well this is a new response I haven't gotten yet. Still says about the same as always though. Just in different words.

To summarize, my Jeep still hasn't been built yet.

"Thank you so much for holding Chad and I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. I do see there is a priority on your order. I would also like to mention the plant your vehicle is being build at is Toledo Assembly Complex and the Toledo Assembly Complex will take a previously scheduled down week the week of July 12 to perform general maintenance."
Got something similar today (on my order which previously had an estimated ship date of 7/22):

"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. At this time we do not have an ETA, This week the Toledo, Ohio plant is down for previously planned general maintenance, In this case we can suggest checking back in a week or so for an update on your order. Congratulations again on the purchase! We appreciate having you in the Jeep family!"

I feel like we are getting close(r).

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe they're changing colors and adding the gorilla glass provision to the factory......??? Maybe ::fingers crossed::

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Maybe they're changing colors and adding the gorilla glass provision to the factory......??? Maybe ::fingers crossed::
Seems reasonable but I have no idea of the inner workings for the paint switch overs. Seems like it would be something as simple as cleaning the equipment, putting new paint color in, and spraying. But hey what do I know.

The gorilla glass addition SEEMS like it wouldn't require a retool, maybe a slight recalibration on the machine?

I'm hiding out in the Gecko thread but I'm just looking for any new colors at this point!
Sponsored