GECKO Wrangler JL Club

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
Unless this was their marketing vehicle to drum up interest. At that, it seems to be working!
Yeah, but random dealer in Michigan?
Unless this was their marketing vehicle to drum up interest. At that, it seems to be working!
I guess, can't think of a better way to get the word out, or a more exciting place, than Walled Lake, Michigan.

EXCITEMENT! 😆 Worked for me.

Sort of thinking at this point they may be waiting until they think all orders are in, make a run, and close the coor.
Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Yeah, but random dealer in Michigan?

I guess, can't think of a better way to get the word out, or a more exciting place, than Walled Lake, Michigan.

EXCITEMENT! 😆 Worked for me.

Sort of thinking at this point they may be waiting until they think all orders are in, make a run, and close the coor.
Ive thought the same thing about them just batching all Gecko's together but honestly from a manufacturing standpoint it's not really that big of a deal to run them one at a time.

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Ive thought the same thing about them just batching all Gecko's together but honestly from a manufacturing standpoint it's not really that big of a deal to run them one at a time.
Depends on the number of colors at a time. They do run multiple colors at once, but their paint department has a limited number of different colors available at once.

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't think so, but that's definitely not my lane. Figured maybe they'd want to only batch up so much paint, so many green doors, fenders, tops...but then I wouldn't really know.

I haven't any idea how they plan that sort of thing.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't think so, but that's definitely not my lane. Figured maybe they'd want to only batch up so much paint, so many green doors, fenders, tops...but then I wouldn't really know.

I haven't any idea how they plan that sort of thing.
I've been at GM for 22 years and I only know how we do it, I would imagine other auto manufacturers are similar.

Sponsored

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the number of colors at a time. They do run multiple colors at once, but their paint department has a limited number of different colors available at once.
So if you want it NOW... get white, gray, or metallic gray. Maybe red....

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is Gorilla Glass on hold too? My Gecko order has it, but not sure if it's stuck in D for the color or the glass.
I was told by my dealer that the Gorilla Glass was specifically holding up my order, they told me my order would probably be built sometime in July.

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was told by my dealer that the Gorilla Glass was specifically holding up my order, they told me my order would probably be built sometime in July.
I actually think the parts issues are far more likely the delay than the paint.

Sponsored

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not too concerned, just as long as I is ready during the summer. As long as I have a VIN I figure it'll happen eventually.

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
July seems a little late to me. When do they shut down the line for changeover to 2022? Or do they not do that?

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Last edited: