Sponsored

Gecko Green half doors not orderable?

TheGrendel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Recon
I'm talking to a dealer right now, and he is telling me that the system will not let him put an order for gecko green with half doors. Has anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
He is correct.

Half doors only available with certain colors. Granite (PAU), Hydro (PBJ), Sting (PDN), Sarge (PGG), Red (PRC), Snazz (PRV), White (PW7), Black (PX8), or Hella (PYV).

Jeep Wrangler JL Gecko Green half doors not orderable? 1628543804525

OP
OP
TheGrendel

TheGrendel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Recon
He is correct.

Half doors only available with certain colors. Granite (PAU), Hydro (PBJ), Sting (PDN), Sarge (PGG), Red (PRC), Snazz (PRV), White (PW7), Black (PX8), or Hella (PYV).

Jeep Wrangler JL Gecko Green half doors not orderable? 1628543804525
well crap. good lord Jeep can be so friggin annoying.

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
The half doors have very limited color options. I think the configuration site will correct you if you try to option the half doors with a color that’s not supported.

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Surely you can find a set of half doors elsewhere for less than $4k+... Maybe not OEM, but... $4k+ is a lot...

I've seen a lot of "...but you get 2 sets of doors for that price..." No - your Jeep was already coming with one of those sets for "free."

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheGrendel

TheGrendel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Recon
Surely you can find a set of half doors elsewhere for less than $4k+... Maybe not OEM, but... $4k+ is a lot...

I've seen a lot of "...but you get 2 sets of doors for that price..." No - your Jeep was already coming with one of those sets for "free."
its one option I didn’t get 2x with my JKs. I’ve seen and tried a number Of the aftermarket options and they leave a ton to be desired.

Barely Krawlified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

I’ve been seriously Jonesing for a set of Mopar half doors for my Billet Silver JLUR lately but I bought my Jeep nearly 2 years ago now when factory half doors were still on the corporate drawing board.

I’m pretty frustrated that I’m unable to purchase a set from Jeep as they are not offered as a stand alone item. Further, even if I were to find someone selling a set I know that I’ll be shelling out even more to have them painted to match my Jeep and then dealer-blessed to work correctly with my vehicle specific proximity locks, etc.

I have also considered building my own set by purchasing all individual factory Mopar parts. In fact, there is a thread on here where folks are making that happen and within the past few days Quadratec.com has posted what appears to be a parts list for the factory half doors:

https://www.quadratec.com/parts/wrangler-jl/front-half-door-parts

https://www.quadratec.com/parts/wrangler-jl/rear-half-door-parts

A couple of days ago I priced out a complete front set (driver and passenger side) from Quadratec.com and it came to just a smidge under $3100. Mind you, this is for the front set ONLY and unpainted/non-keyed. I started pricing the rear set as well but lost steam when my calculator looked at me funny as I realized just how much this project will cost me…
Sponsored