Sponsored

Gazelle in a JL?

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I searched and just found a single shot of a Gazelle tent in a JL running front to back.

I need the backseat 100% unobstructed for the dogs (or passengers), so has anyone found a way to carry a Gazelle in the JLU cargo area?

I'm fine with the 3-person version but even that is 57" IIRC. The 4 person is 68"
Sponsored

4LOWYO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 TJ Sport
I have a T3 and it will fit side to side in the back seat area with the seats folded. I have a crowded cargo area (Fridge, drawer, corner bags, and cargo shelf) so I can't try it back there. You may be able to utilize the small spot between the roll bar and the back glass, so the tent would kind of sit on top of the hardtop rails.

timannnn6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I have a T3 and it will fit side to side in the back seat area with the seats folded. I have a crowded cargo area (Fridge, drawer, corner bags, and cargo shelf) so I can't try it back there. You may be able to utilize the small spot between the roll bar and the back glass, so the tent would kind of sit on top of the hardtop rails.
4LOWYO, can you confirm if it will fit on floor in front of back seats? That's where I'd like to keep it. I have the T4 plus and it barely fits from back seat to tailgate (seats down).

thanks,

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I’m eyeing the T3x, want to be able to stuff it between the Slipstream and my window bag.

Jeep Wrangler JL Gazelle in a JL? C5425013-6DD7-443F-9369-EE091B682386

Not sure it would fit, probably be very tight.

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
Gave up trying to compromise with the T4 and space and went with the T8 and an easily removable yakima rack. Works great and leaves enough room for two 120 lb. dogs. However, even with the rack we are still a bit tight inside on multi day trips.
Jeep Wrangler JL Gazelle in a JL? 20220509_221911
Jeep Wrangler JL Gazelle in a JL? 20211109_093728

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This threads oddly specific, I just got a T4 Plus gazelle. Excited to use it.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
I have a T8 (same size as the T4+) and cannot find a footprint to fit it (Gazelle's footprint for it has been unavailable). I have two tarps, when put together, are pretty close. Anyone else have any luck finding a correct-size footprint?

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Found a spot in the jeep or going with a roof rack to haul it?
I can't fit in my garage with a roof rack unfortunately, so it'll go in the Jeep. I haven't tried packing it yet but I'm guessing I'll either figure out a way to put it sideways like the pics above or shove my passenger seat as forward as possible and hope it fits lenghtwise.

I've been able to very lazily pack the jeep with all my previous camping stuff (including an SUV tent) so I think it should be fine.

Erickwan

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeek JKU 2015
Just purchased a T4+ and yes, i am worried where i am going to put this on my 4 door JK 2015... anyone with this combo?

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just purchased a T4+ and yes, i am worried where i am going to put this on my 4 door JK 2015... anyone with this combo?
I don't have a JK but I have plenty of room with it going from tailgate to front seats with the back seat down. It comes a few inches before touching the arm rest, and if I need to I can get another food or two resting it on the arm rest. It did not fit driver to pass in the rear with my rear seats folded down. I see someone else fit a t3 like that, Idk if this is longer or I just didn't angle it enough but I don't want it there anyway.

I'm also using a trektop and it fits fine, I just have it angled down the fastback.

This is it sitting on top of my fridge along with nearly all of my camping gear.

Jeep Wrangler JL Gazelle in a JL? JPEG image-307264B3ED40-1

Erickwan

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeek JKU 2015
I don't have a JK but I have plenty of room with it going from tailgate to front seats with the back seat down. It comes a few inches before touching the arm rest, and if I need to I can get another food or two resting it on the arm rest. It did not fit driver to pass in the rear with my rear seats folded down. I see someone else fit a t3 like that, Idk if this is longer or I just didn't angle it enough but I don't want it there anyway.

I'm also using a trektop and it fits fine, I just have it angled down the fastback.

This is it sitting on top of my fridge along with nearly all of my camping gear.

Jeep Wrangler JL Gazelle in a JL? JPEG image-307264B3ED40-1
Thanks for the reply on this... let´s see how it fits when it arrives i will certainly let the people know!

DV LAWYER

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Not sure if this helps, but I have he T4+ and I usually pack it on the roof. When I must, it fits diagonal inside my JLUR, even with the seats up, but no one will be able to sit there. Big dogs might not like it either, but it fits. The T4 fits in the footwell, as pictured, so that is probably the best option for you.

That said, the Gazelle is amazing!! And should you have problems, their customer service is second-to-none!
Sponsored