Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge Trails

Ultraclassic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Wife and I are going to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge area in October and would like some input on some easy trails since we will be by ourselves and would appreciate any ideas and input. Thank You
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you’re looking for forest roads, you’re going to have to travel south to the Nantahala National Forest or east to the Cherokee and Pisgah National Forests. If you take 40 into NC, there’s Buzzards Roost and Hurricane Creek just a few miles on the other side of the state line.

Windrock is about 1 and 1/2 hours from Gatlinburg.

OP
OP

Ultraclassic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
If you’re looking for forest roads, you’re going to have to travel south to the Nantahala National Forest or east to the Cherokee and Pisgah National Forests. If you take 40 into NC, there’s Buzzards Roost and Hurricane Creek just a few miles on the other side of the state line.

Windrock is about 1 and 1/2 hours from Gatlinburg.
Thanks this sounds good and i will look into it. Wife wants to do more sightseeing so i figured we better just stay on very moderate trails due to being alone as i said

Myron

First Name
Myron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler, 1964 Land Rover SIIA 88
Last time I was in Gatlinburg was a couple years ago, and it was so crowded I couldn't wait to leave. We've had good luck just poking around the Smokies and finding fun two-track roads here and there. I've done the Smokies in an Isuzu Pup, a VW GTI, a Toyota 4Runner, and a BMW 230 xi. It's a great place to visit and just explore. I hope you and your wife have a blast.

OP
OP

Ultraclassic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Last time I was in Gatlinburg was a couple years ago, and it was so crowded I couldn't wait to leave. We've had good luck just poking around the Smokies and finding fun two-track roads here and there. I've done the Smokies in an Isuzu Pup, a VW GTI, a Toyota 4Runner, and a BMW 230 xi. It's a great place to visit and just explore. I hope you and your wife have a blast.
I agree with you on being so crowded (it was the last time i was there) but now that we have a jeep i am hoping to get out of the crowd and poke around like you. Thanks

cbfinn_99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Rich Mountain Road out of Cades Cove is a nice easy drive. Here's a quick video I found so you can check it out. Rich Mountain Road

Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail is also a good drive through the woods. It is all paved though. Stop and park in one of the three parking places on the left at marker #9. Walk across the road and take the trail down to the creek.
Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail

Also you can take Greenbrier Road, and ride along The Little Pigeon River. While you are on that end of town stop by Emerts Cove Covered Bridge too.
Sponsored

Last edited: