gasoline prices in tn. around pigeon forge and gatliburgh tn

orangemachine

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
my wife and i are making a trip too tn in may for 2wks along with her nice and husband, we will be staying in a cabin rented from american patriots, would like to know gas prices for 87 octane gas and above in area around pigeon forge and gatlinburg we will be touring area in smokey mountains and if anyone can recommend trails for jeep, moderate trails nothing really dangerous
Sponsored

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I recommend downloading the GasBuddy app. You can check gas prices in any area you’d like.

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
I recommend downloading the GasBuddy app. You can check gas prices in any area you’d like.
And.....crappp in one hand, wish in the other, that the posted prices on ASSSSBuddy are correct upon arrival.

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I find GasBuddy very useful but it can't, nor can anyone, predict what the gas prices will be in that area in May. It can tell you what it is today which is from $3.94 to $4.19 depending on the exact location. That's in Gatlinburg.

Pigeon Forge seems to be around $4.09 to $4.19. By May it could be around the same or a buck or two more per gallon or maybe even a little less than it is now. That's for 87 in both cities.

As far as trails? The times I've been in that area I was on my Harley so I didn't take any trails that would be Jeep rated. I do know that when a car drives off the mountain and the road is closed down between Gatlinburg and Cherokee because they have to fly in a helicopter to transport the injured, the detour adds many hours to the trip.

Last edited:

dougywarren

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4xe Sahara
I live just north of Nashville. It’s $3.89-4.09 here. Some areas in Nashville are more.

Sponsored

ToplessTN

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Hydro Blue Rubicon Diesel
I’m in Knoxville and the local stations were $4.19 today. Same price for the last few days.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Check out Windrock Park if you're in the area. It's closer to Knoxville than Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge but lots of trails, including 3 Badge of Honor if I remember correctly. There is also a decent little trail off of Cades Cove in the National Park (which is a really nice drive anyway.)

if you're looking for decent places to eat in the PF area, check out the Apple Barn for breakfast and the Old Mill Pottery House Cafe for lunch/dinner. It's not the Old Mill itself... but across the little side street from it. if you go, get the Ribeye Steak Sandwich... it's worth the trip!

WINDROCK PARK - The South's Premier Off-Road Adventure Park

As far as gas prices go, they'll run the spectrum. Out near I-40 will be the most expensive. Weigel's is usually pretty decent and often have no ethanol blends (including a 91 octane that was 4.79 when I filled up the other day.)

Enjoy the trip!!!

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
I'm heading down there in June and again in August for the Jeep Invasion. I hope gas prices have settled down a little by then.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
The eastern TN section of the TAT might be a fun ride for you as well.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
As someone else said, I'd use Gasbuddy, but two weeks from now is anybody's guess. Certainly not enough to impact your trip. Have fun!

p.s. I've found Google Maps to be helpful as well. Just search for "gas", click on the station location on the map, and it'll show the current gas prices.

Sponsored

slapshot12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
I just got home from there, gas around that area range from $3.99 to $4.19 last week.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I just got home from there, gas around that area range from $3.99 to $4.19 last week.
I just did that trip. Driving from Chicago prices for gas kept dropping the farther south I drove. I started in Chicago where is about $4.99+ / gal for regular at most gas stations.

I just got back yesterday from the Pigeon Forge area. I can confirm prices are still about the same as when you were there. Right around $4.00-$4.20/gal for regular. Gas was a lot cheaper in the Chattanooga area where it averaged around $3.60-$3.80/gal for reg.

My JLR 3.6 eTorque averaged about 18 mpg. for the entire trip About 90% highway averaging 75-85 mph. Lots of mountain and hills in the SE.
Sponsored