First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
This is like when Jeep vendors say 20% off all products after raising their prices 25% the day before the sale šŸ˜‚.
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
It's all relative.
A persons purchasing power is, in many ways, tied to the cost of energy.
So, a 50% increase, regardless of the starting point, has the same impact to the consumer.
Except the starting points are not the same...but agree the increases are felt the same.

bthomp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon, 2010 Wrangler X, 2014 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT Ops / BizOps
Clubs

Iā€˜ll avoid the politics and stick with the economics. The us govt decided to address rising gas prices in mid 2022 by releasing oil from the strategic petroleum reserves (SPR). The increase in supply in the petroleum market, at the expense of our reserves intended for national defense, has afforded us lower (not low) gas prices at the pump.

2 things will happen to drive prices up at a point to be determined by the govt:
- 1st, they will stop supplying the market with oil.
-2nd, they will eventually buy crude again to restock reserves, which will hit general market supply.

itā€™s not more complicated than that.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=mcsstus1&f=m

Jeep Wrangler JL Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping [WARNING: NO POLITICS] U.S. Ending Stocks of Crude Oil in SPR (Thousand Barrels)

Last edited:

AMT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Here, it's 1.90ā‚¬/liter which is about 7 bucks a gallon ;)
The EU has a crazy ass law which sets the energy price to the highest average. That means in reality that we are forced to pay the same price regardless of the source. The price, being the highest one. Nuclear power is actually massively higher per KWh than wind and solar and only somewhat higher than gas and coal. So, in those terms, the end customer pays less if you get rid of nuclear.
Jeep Wrangler JL Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1673014278441

Sponsored

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Iā€˜ll avoid the politics and stick with the economics. The us govt decided to address rising gas prices in mid 2022 by releasing oil from the strategic petroleum reserves (SPR). The increase in supply in the petroleum market, at the expense of our reserves intended for national defense, has afforded us lower (not low) gas prices at the pump.

2 things will happen to drive prices up at a point to be determined by the govt:
-2nd, they will eventually buy crude again to restock reserves, which will hit general market supply.

Jeep Wrangler JL Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1673014278441
Very interesting insight! Thanks for contributing to the conversation.

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
Yup.

Dumbest named title for a thread, first week of 2023 I have read.

Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

So let's all bury our heads like an Ostrich in the sand, and PRETEND it's something else then lol.

I honestly forsee a day, when we will all wake up to some sort of a nuclear catastophe, with a dark black red sun in the sky, and if some of the internet and car forums are still up and running in some places still, we will STILL have modded threads, stipulating "NO POLITICS" in discussions relating to what THE FOOK has just really occurred.

Ignorance is bliss.

A30C6FD0-BD1C-42A8-B257-BCECD3973773.gif
it's sorta like when you go to the jeep dealer and they want a review but then say only 10s are allowed.... šŸ¤£

So.....you really don't want a review and know how you're doing?

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Warning ā€œNOā€ fill in the blank. Example : Were permitted to talk about the weather. But not allowed to mention the sun, the wind or rain. Certain words are off-limits now to certain people. What a great new usa we created.

Sponsored

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
I like using gas buddy to identify the low priced stations, since the gap between most expensive and least expensive stations near me is a whole dollar a gallon. šŸ˜œ

Anyway, they project the average nationwide in the US in 2023 will drop to 3.49, with the usual, cheaper in the spring and fall, more expensive in the summer fluctuations.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/go/how-much-will-gas-cost-in-2023

KarnaughMI

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Filled up today ... Indianapolis suburbs ... prices are .30 higher per gallon than three days ago.

Unfortunately, everything has a political slant. I can find a group of people who when year 1 and 2 are great ... it's due to the current president. I can find the other group who will say it was because of decisions made by the previous administration.

-Tom

DurangoWino

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Santa Fe and 2023 Rubi XR 4-door
Occupation
Retired

Exactly. Saw this past week that there is still some oil being drawn out of SPR, but in February the government will begin the long process of restocking it. That will take oil off the open market and should put a floor in prices. To me if China ever opens back up demand will rise along with oil prices. My guess is later this year we will see $100 oil again unless the recession is far worse than I expect. Sure was nice to get a break when filling up the tank!

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Filled up today ... Indianapolis suburbs ... prices are .30 higher per gallon than three days ago.

Unfortunately, everything has a political slant. I can find a group of people who when year 1 and 2 are great ... it's due to the current president. I can find the other group who will say it was because of decisions made by the previous administration.

-Tom
Well according to the current administrationā€¦ our president doesnā€™t control oil pricesā€¦. This applies when prices are high, on the other hand when you see prices drop itā€™s directly because of something the president did that helped lower the prices at the pump!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
Well according to the current administrationā€¦ our president doesnā€™t control oil pricesā€¦. This applies when prices are high, on the other hand when you see prices drop itā€™s directly because of something the president did that helped lower the prices at the pump!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
yes, this goes both ways, I watched some news channels say releasing oil from the SPR does little to nothing to alter the price of gas more than pennies. The same media outlets will say that when the president stopped taking oil out prices will skyrocket.......

No i am not a fan of the current president, but it drives me nuts that i don't believe you can get consistent facts from anyone.

this is media bashing ,,, not pointed at politics..... "Not that there's anything wrong with that".
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.