Sponsored

Gas mileage

seanmh72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
New Rubicon JT and was wondering about others mileage. Traded a JLU manual in for this and am getting about 4 miles less on the JT. Does having a tonneau cover help with mileage? Or is the JT Rubicon going to get about 14 per gallon?
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
yes, Tonneau cover will help if you are high speed driving.... Also, the motor is tight when new, you will get better mileage around 4K miles... I did. I am getting around 16 mpg now with the JT Rubicon with the stock mud tires and a manual. I have lots of hills where I live and I push it pretty good.

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
That’s bout it you might get more after you get some miles on it maybe get around 17 mpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I think mine is averaging around 14-15 MPG, but I don’t even have 150 miles on it yet (I drive a work truck everyday).

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
there is at least one thread with discussions about this already...

i am getting 15ish. i think it is dependent largely on driving style, moreso than other vehicles

Sponsored

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
I didn't realize the Rubi's were getting that low of mileage. I have been getting 21-22 in the Overland. 14-15 seems a drastic drop.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I'm lifted 2.5 inches on 35's with my Sport with Max tow and after the Computer reset for the tires I'm at 17.8 with city and Hwy driving about 70% city 30% Hwy. It's been steady climbing since I did the reset. I have not reset for the gas mileage though just been letting it self configure. I'm at 1400 miles.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I didn't realize the Rubi's were getting that low of mileage. I have been getting 21-22 in the Overland. 14-15 seems a drastic drop.
Terrain makes a huge difference. I bet my JT Rubicon would get 18 or 19 mpg on flat land, but, I live on hills. Everywhere I go, I go up and down hills, therefore, I am around 16 mpg.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Linux Engineer
Terrain makes a huge difference. I bet my JT Rubicon would get 18 or 19 mpg on flat land, but, I live on hills. Everywhere I go, I go up and down hills, therefore, I am around 16 mpg.
I'm in Colorado Springs...nothing but hills everywhere. Hell there is almost a 1K elevation change in almost every direction from my place. I checked the average that I have been getting since I got it in November...I am at 21.5...and that is with remote starting anytime it's under 35 degrees.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm in Colorado Springs...nothing but hills everywhere. Hell there is almost a 1K elevation change in almost every direction from my place. I checked the average that I have been getting since I got it in November...I am at 21.5...and that is with remote starting anytime it's under 35 degrees.
That is amazing. I do run with ESS off all the time.... so, I probably lose a little mpg there.... I hate that start/stop deal.

Sponsored

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Linux Engineer
That is amazing. I do run with ESS off all the time.... so, I probably lose a little mpg there.... I hate that start/stop deal.
I run with it on...I have only had 2 scares where I wish it was off...but the MPG savings seem to be legit with it on. I should try running my next tank of gas with it off just to see how much difference there is.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was mostly calc’d at 75-80 mph driving on the highway the night I drove it home from the dealer. Should go up around the house with 35-55 mph zones.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I am getting at or above 20 mpg with stock Sport S max tow, 4.10s. The 8 speed auto seems to have a better overdrive than the previous 5 speed auto, so rpm is down on the highway/interstate vs. the Recon with 3.73s, The smoother front bumper with fairing going to the fenders most likely helps, along with the lighter, milder pattern tires vs. my Recon which had a stubby winch bumper, more aggressive tires. It seems that everything we do to the Jeep, lift kit, tires, etc. makes it look more aggressive and deliver worse mpg.

OP
OP

seanmh72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I’m in SoCal and have very few hills. Again it’s new, but getting 14 MPG sucks!

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Mine shows 15.5 miles per gallon and I am running 35 inch tires on my rubicon but like people are saying in another gas mileage post they didn’t buy the gladiator for the gas mileage but I wish it got better mileage
Sponsored