Gas mileage when lifted with 35s?

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Please tell me this is a joke?? How the hell can a driver of a lifted brick on wheels complain about gas mileage!!! The Faulken AT/3 weighs almost 20 lbs more then the stock Ko2 which makes it more like 80lbs extra weight per corner in rotating mass.
Newest thing I found is the rear bottom of the front fenders must be hitting the tire at some point .... both sides are missing and I found one plastic rivit on my rock rail driver side. I didn’t even take it off road so I can’t wait to see what they say about this when I go to the dealer. Can’t wait to tell you guys how they handle any of this. I do not expect the gearing ..... matter of fact I just would like a compromise in that situation. But the rear tire shaking violently on bumps is not acceptable at all along with rubbing tires on sway bar or the tire hitting the fenders at some point with only on road driving. Let’s see how this plays out
You need to immediately trade in your Jeep for a Toyato Prius, I mean seriously!! 100 miles into ownership of my 61K Rubicon I was grinding my factory skids and lower control arm mounts on rocks while slipping through narrow class V1 roads pinstriping the shit out of the side of my Jeep. These aren't show cars, there Jeeps, they’re meant to take a beating!! I’m not saying you don’t have a gripe if there are “real” issues, but you’re nitpicking and acting like a goddamn snowflake. Talking about tracking mileage and showing up weekly threatening to be an asshole over stupid nothing issues, your a nightmare!!! And by the way, bodies don’t sway in turns and there’s no way in hell your 315’s are rubbing on your sway bar!! Just stop it already!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Please tell me this is a joke?? How the hell can a driver of a lifted brick on wheels complain about gas mileage!!! The Faulken AT/3 weighs almost 20 lbs more then the stock Ko2 which makes it more like 80lbs extra weight per corner in rotating mass.
Yeah it’s real peckerhead. I had a jk before his perhaps I just didn’t know how much difference the lift and bigger tires would make Did you ever think that I just didn’t know. Don’t fret my dear I’m well aware now thanks

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
What a dick
Yeah I agree but whatever I’m new to a lift and didn’t realize the difference was so significant. I see it now but I still see guys with better millage and similar setups.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
You need to immediately trade in your Jeep for a Toyato Prius, I mean seriously!! 100 miles into ownership of my 61K Rubicon I was grinding my factory skids and lower control arm mounts on rocks while slipping through narrow class V1 roads pinstriping the shit out of the side of my Jeep. These aren't show cars, there Jeeps, they’re meant to take a beating!! I’m not saying you don’t have a gripe if there are “real” issues, but you’re nitpicking and acting like a goddamn snowflake. Talking about tracking mileage and showing up weekly threatening to be an asshole over stupid nothing issues, your a nightmare!!! And by the way, bodies don’t sway in turns and there’s no way in hell your 315’s are rubbing on your sway bar!! Just stop it already!!
I’m no fuckin snowflake peckerhead. Maybe I have my Jeep for a different reason than totally destroying a 40 thousand dollar truck. You ever think there are people out there that aren’t like you. Man your really are a dick

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’m no fuckin snowflake peckerhead. Maybe I have my Jeep for a different reason than totally destroying a 40 thousand dollar truck. You ever think there are people out there that aren’t like you. Man your really are a dick
Dude, I wasn’t talking about the way you drive your jeep or how you treat it, could give a shit less!!. I’m talking about the way you’re bitching and complaining about stupid non issues!!!

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Dude, I wasn’t talking about the way you drive your jeep or how you treat it, could give a shit less!!. I’m talking about the way you’re bitching and complaining about stupid non issues!!!
Listen it’s fine whatever my issues are t your issues but new is new. I have axels that aren’t centered that’s an issue to me I know what to do to fix it and I have to bring it up to the dealer between that and the gearing those are my big issues along with rubbing tires on the front sway bars. My opinion it’s should never be sold from the new car dealer with issues period. The fenders I’m
Gonna replace anyway. Just don’t need dicky responses man. If you don’t think things are a big deal that’s fine. I realize alot
Because of people on this forum helped me. If you can help please do but I don’t need any shit I get enough at work

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Listen it’s fine whatever my issues are t your issues but new is new. I have axels that aren’t centered that’s an issue to me I know what to do to fix it and I have to bring it up to the dealer between that and the gearing those are my big issues along with rubbing tires on the front sway bars. My opinion it’s should never be sold from the new car dealer with issues period. The fenders I’m
Gonna replace anyway. Just don’t need dicky responses man. If you don’t think things are a big deal that’s fine. I realize alot
Because of people on this forum helped me. If you can help please do but I don’t need any shit I get enough at work[/QUOTE

I hear ya buddy, and I’m sorry for coming across as dick. Unfortunately axles being off center is a byproduct of being lifted. The problem is it’s not a true 2” lift without the extra added weight of a winch and steel bumpers etc. Every lift manufacturer under advertises their lift heights because they know people are going to way them down with heavy gear so they basically give us an after weight height. I mean seriously, I got 2.75 Actual lift out of my Mopar kit, that’s after it’s settled with heavy gear and steel bumpers.

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
That’s a lot better and I appreciate your response. I have an idea of what has to be done thanks to roky. I am picky and I know most beat the pants out of their Jeep. I plan on having fun off-road just nothing crazy. I need adjustable front track bar ..... track bar relocation bracket or adjustable rear track bar new front lower adjustable control arms and new spring pads from rk. Probly gonna just go with all rk parts to center the axels. Then I’ll worry about the gearing after that or rubi take offs Honestly I don’t think that I’m personally goin to need super crazy axels. But it’s alot of money I didn’t plan on spending. I figured if it comes from the dealer and waranteed then it should be copacetic...... yeah guess I learned

Last edited:

Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That’s a lot better and I appreciate your response. I have an idea of what has to be done thanks to roxy. I am picky and I know most beat the pants out of their Jeep. I plan on having fun off-road just nothing crazy. I need adjustable front track bar ..... track bar relocation bracket or adjustable rear track bar new front lower adjustable control arms and new spring pads from rk. Probly gonna just go with all rk parts to center the axels. Then I’ll worry about the gearing after that or rubi take offs Honestly I don’t think that I’m personally goin to need super crazy axels. But it’s alot of money I didn’t plan on spending. I figured if it comes from the dealer and waranteed then it should be copacetic...... yeah guess I learned
Lesson learned, never ever listen to the dealer!! There is so much more knowledge on this forum then everyone at the dealer combined, that includes the techs, service and sales!!

I run 37’s on mine and feel no need to re-gear, I may at some point but I don’t feel it necessary at the moment, but I have a Rubicon so it might be a little different depending on the model you have. I also never felt the need for a rear track bar or relocation bracket at my current height. I agree with you and would highly suggest a front track bar, preferably one with a pinch collar instead of a jam nut, TeraFlex and Synergy are two of the better ones that come to mind. I use all steer smarts linkages but that might be a little overkill for what you use your Jeep for. Front lower control arms a also a must to increase caster and correct pinion. All and all you should be fine with just a front track bar and lower control arms. I still want to know more about how and why your rubbing on your sway bar?? The only thing I can think of is either your wheels have a crazy high backspace or someone was messing around with the steering stops in order to get a steeper turning radius. Like I said, I run a 37x12.5 and don’t come anywhere near my sway bar. Let me know.

I know a lot of people like to make a big deal about spring bow, and excessive spring bow can be a problem. But I would really like to see a picture of yours before you go with correction pads because mine has almost no amount of bow to concern me.

On a side note, you would be hard-pressed to find anyone more OCD than me, and I don’t like beating on my jeep in anyway shape or form. When it comes to the body and interior I am as meticulous as they come. Where I don’t mind beating on my jeep is the undercarriage, I’m protected wherever I scrape so I don’t mind crawling and scraping on rocks and diving into mud puddles.

I like the Mopar lift but I just moved up to the Teraflex ST3 with falcon 3.3 shocks, need more height and adjustability.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Lesson learned, never ever listen to the dealer!! There is so much more knowledge on this forum then everyone at the dealer combined, that includes the techs, service and sales!!

I run 37’s on mine and feel no need to re-gear, I may at some point but I don’t feel it necessary at the moment, but I have a Rubicon so it might be a little different depending on the model you have. I also never felt the need for a rear track bar or relocation bracket at my current height. I agree with you and would highly suggest a front track bar, preferably one with a pinch collar instead of a jam nut, TeraFlex and Synergy are two of the better ones that come to mind. I use all steer smarts linkages but that might be a little overkill for what you use your Jeep for. Front lower control arms a also a must to increase caster and correct pinion. All and all you should be fine with just a front track bar and lower control arms. I still want to know more about how and why your rubbing on your sway bar?? The only thing I can think of is either your wheels have a crazy high backspace or someone was messing around with the steering stops in order to get a steeper turning radius. Like I said, I run a 37x12.5 and don’t come anywhere near my sway bar. Let me know.

I know a lot of people like to make a big deal about spring bow, and excessive spring bow can be a problem. But I would really like to see a picture of yours before you go with correction pads because mine has almost no amount of bow to concern me.

On a side note, you would be hard-pressed to find anyone more OCD than me, and I don’t like beating on my jeep in anyway shape or form. When it comes to the body and interior I am as meticulous as they come. Where I don’t mind beating on my jeep is the undercarriage, I’m protected wherever I scrape so I don’t mind crawling and scraping on rocks and diving into mud puddles.

I like the Mopar lift but I just moved up to the Teraflex ST3 with falcon 3.3 shocks, need more height and adjustability.
I have a two door sport so your axels are a bit wider ...... not swing 8th gear bothers me in general. The backspacing is positive twelve 12mm on my mopar wheels whichnill attach a picture of that and the springs. I want the axels centered and don’t mind fixing it as I would like it correct before I move on. I was going to do the lights which I had planned but that can wait. This is my fun vehicle my passion my baby I guess I have a work van that I kick the shit out of daily so I just wanna do it right. I also want to add a Fox steering stabilizer which is about 280$ but I think first is centering the axels and I liked the rk stuff and it’s black ..... you mean mentioned linkage can you elaborate on that.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have a two door sport so your axels are a bit wider ...... not swing 8th gear bothers me in general. The backspacing is positive twelve 12mm on my mopar wheels whichnill attach a picture of that and the springs. I want the axels centered and don’t mind fixing it as I would like it correct before I move on. I was going to do the lights which I had planned but that can wait. This is my fun vehicle my passion my baby I guess I have a work van that I kick the shit out of daily so I just wanna do it right. I also want to add a Fox steering stabilizer which is about 280$ but I think first is centering the axels and I liked the rk stuff and it’s black ..... you mean mentioned linkage can you elaborate on that.
Your offset is +12, backspacing is a little different but related. They are Mopar wheels so they should be fine. When I say linkages I mean tie rod, track bar and drag link, Not really things you should concern yourself with except the track bar at the moment. Your springs look absolutely fine to me, Nothing I see what concern me. I would however like to know why your wheel is rubbing on the sway bar can you elaborate on that

Here is a picture of my springs at the moment but I’ll be installing my new lift soon and I’m using the RK pads, but that’s with a much bigger lift. Mine has a little more bow than yours and it’s of no concern whatsoever, I’ve seen plenty of trail time like this and there’s no issue. Get a Falcon stabilizer, the best in my opinion.

714675AB-5A09-492B-ACED-A6AC04421E37.jpeg

3B61DE64-F71E-4930-82E5-36A56A27C774.jpeg

BC5037CD-A2B6-4468-88C1-828EBEE156F9.jpeg

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Your offset is +12, backspacing is a little different but related. They are Mopar wheels so they should be fine. When I say linkages I mean tie rod, track bar and drag link, Not really things you should concern yourself with except the track bar at the moment. Your springs look absolutely fine to me, Nothing I see what concern me. I would however like to know why your wheel is rubbing on the sway bar can you elaborate on that

Here is a picture of my springs at the moment but I’ll be installing my new lift soon and I’m using the RK pads, but that’s with a much bigger lift. Mine has a little more bow than yours and it’s of no concern whatsoever, I’ve seen plenty of trail time like this and there’s no issue. Get a Falcon stabilizer, the best in my opinion.

714675AB-5A09-492B-ACED-A6AC04421E37.jpeg

3B61DE64-F71E-4930-82E5-36A56A27C774.jpeg

BC5037CD-A2B6-4468-88C1-828EBEE156F9.jpeg
My best guess is they rub the sway bar because I have a sport and axels aren’t as wide. I guess I’ll run spacers but only after I go back to the dealer to show my issues. That shit should be on them. Shouldn’t rub. It touches at full turn. I’ll take pics and post. I was just at the garage to check on it and I didn’t think to take pics but I will post them when I go back ..... it’s gonna snow :::smerk
Sponsored