TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
I think you will be fine. Its going to show lower for a while while it breaks in, and depending how much highway you drive the gas mileage will be much lower then EPA estimate. I'm showing 15 almost all city with the 2.0T on 35's.
Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
I will agree with the break in time. I was getting high 12's for a while and figured that's what it was since I didn't re-gear. However it has crept up and I'm around 16. This is combined average mileage so may be a little off, but almost at 7k miles now, so maybe she is getting used to the weight LOL

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Anyone else with a two door that their dash says 221 miles for range. 221 miles for a 18.5 gallon tank?

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
I will agree with the break in time. I was getting high 12's for a while and figured that's what it was since I didn't re-gear. However it has crept up and I'm around 16. This is combined average mileage so may be a little off, but almost at 7k miles now, so maybe she is getting used to the weight LOL
I hope so. She’s not a daily I have a work
Van.... but also I am varrying my speed on highway accelerating and decelerating from 55 to 80. Mostly in between. I’m still within 72 hrs so I may go to the dealer just to cover my ass and get them involved right away. I have no problem gearing but I’m not changing axels out for years. I’m not gonna be doing crazy off-roading just easy trails just to get out and be involved. The gearing if I can get the clearance from the dealer I don’t mind doing witching the next 6 months

Sponsored

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
JLUR, 3.6 auto with 35's on OEM rims, 2.5 inch lift. Winch, roof rack, rock sliders and a bunch of mods.

I get 17 in town, more if I don't drive with my foot in it like normal. I've seen 19 on the highway, more before I added the roof rack.

An important, often overlooked factor is your onboard electronics. Tire size and gear ratio need to be known by the computer as it affects shifting, speedo and trip computer accuracy. OEM programming is for 33's on a JLUR.

AEV has the Procal Snap, and it made a difference. Before I added it, I would rarely see 8th gear on the highway.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Is your jee auto or stick? I didnt see that mentioned. Not sure if it makes a big difference but people seem to be in agreement that the 8spd handles 35s better. It does take the computer a little while to learn and adapt. Im starting to see 8th gear on the freeway more often now. My city is around 17 and highway is in the 20s. Im also running super lightweight wheels which im sure helps. (22lbs).

Pappy11

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara JL
2019 gets avg 19 and I get 20 to 21 hwy on stock tires......not sure if what you are getting is low or not...my 2012 on 35's was not quite that bad

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
JLUR, 3.6 auto with 35's on OEM rims, 2.5 inch lift. Winch, roof rack, rock sliders and a bunch of mods.

I get 17 in town, more if I don't drive with my foot in it like normal. I've seen 19 on the highway, more before I added the roof rack.

An important, often overlooked factor is your onboard electronics. Tire size and gear ratio need to be known by the computer as it affects shifting, speedo and trip computer accuracy. OEM programming is for 33's on a JLUR.

AEV has the Procal Snap, and it made a difference. Before I added it, I would rarely see 8th gear on the highway.
I only saw 8 when on a decline. All it had to be was a slight decline

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Is your jee auto or stick? I didnt see that mentioned. Not sure if it makes a big difference but people seem to be in agreement that the 8spd handles 35s better. It does take the computer a little while to learn and adapt. Im starting to see 8th gear on the freeway more often now. My city is around 17 and highway is in the 20s. Im also running super lightweight wheels which im sure helps. (22lbs).
It’s an 8 speed auto. I hope the dealer figures this shit out. I hope it gets better man

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

It’s an 8 speed auto. I hope the dealer figures this shit out. I hope it gets better man
i think it will. I think it just needs time to adapt. There really couldnt be anything else that could be causing the low mpg from what they did. Im not sure it will correct in time during your window though and nothing else they can do really. But as you can see here, 12mpg is not the norm for a sport on 35s with an auto.

i used Waze to compare my speedo and found it to be spot on (after calibration). So if you check yours and it is in line, than its just a waiting game. it will gradually improve, not all of a sudden, i believe.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
You have record in that picture of 267 miles on odometer with a 220 mile range. I would probably cycle that tank of gas thru and see what the facts say on the odometer. Then it seems you will know exactly what you have?? Who knows

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
fwiw, the range number is based on the last tank and is just an estimate. ie, if you drive a tank of city stop/go and then fill up, you will get a much lower number then if your last tank was all highway miles. Same in my Ram. I've driven a city tank, then filled up for a trip and watched the number climb as I put on the highway miles.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Just curious, what is the width of you'r rims are they 8" or 7"? Also do your wheels have spacers? Is there any rubbing when you turn?
Whatever the stick rubicons wheels are. I'm thinking 7-7.5? No spacers, no rubbing, not even close. Maybe close in a Sahara or sport (pretty sure they will still be 100% fine for dd) but not an issue on a Rubi.

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
'18 JLUR with 34s (315s) on 3.5" lift and 5.13 gears. If the wind isn't blowing and I'm between 45-55 mph, I get almost 20 mpg. At 65 I get 15-16 mpg, at 75 I get 13-14 mpg. When the wind blows, I don't monitor mileage. It will be bad (unless a tail wind, but that never seems to happen for me.)
Sponsored