Sponsored

Gas Fumes very strong

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
They got new part in and fixing Monday. I have a case# with jeep
Thank you for following up! If you have any future questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to our team.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

Mdmichin

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe rubicon
Has this been resolved for you, Mdmichin or do you need assistance? Please let me know.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Still haven't got my 4xe back. The dealer can't get one of the fuel lines to release. Loosing faith in the 4xe. Looked at my Jeep and it looked like open hart surgery on a brand new vehicle.

NewbieJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Has this smell been intermittent for you all, or constant?

I see most of you commenting with this problem have the 2.0T. Anyone with this problem on a 3.6?

The smell in mine has been intermittent. My dealer said the smell was coming from a sticker glued to the exhaust. Supposedly they cleaned off the sticker as best they could.

I still smell it, some days stronger than others. Not 100% sure it is gas, because the smell mixes with the new car smell. Honestly, the smell could be the glue for the optional factory headliners I had installed.

I can't park in my garage right now, and can't leave the windows open.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
On our 2.0T it was consistent and it was definitely caused by a hairline crack in the main fuel line. After they replaced it two months ago no more raw fuel smell at all.

Mdmichin

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe rubicon

I see most of you commenting with this problem have the 2.0T. Anyone with this problem on a 3.6?

The smell in mine has been intermittent. My dealer said the smell was coming from a sticker glued to the exhaust. Supposedly they cleaned off the sticker as best they could.

I still smell it, some days stronger than others. Not 100% sure it is gas, because the smell mixes with the new car smell. Honestly, the smell could be the glue for the optional factory headliners I had installed.

The smell on mine was intermittent. Usually when I slowed down or stopped is when I could smell. They replaced 3 fuel lines on mine but the culprit was the one that connected to the fuel rail. Fuel was weeping at fuel rail and accumulating on the valve cover and evaporating there. No smell anymore

Sponsored

Mdmichin

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe rubicon
The smell on mine was intermittent. Usually when I slowed down or stopped is when I could smell. They replaced 3 fuel lines on mine but the culprit was the one that connected to the fuel rail. Fuel was weeping at fuel rail and accumulating on the valve cover and evaporating there. No smell anymore
The fuel line was leaking at the fitting

deniswittich

First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
In my case the mechanic found a cracked low pressure fuel line connector at the high pressure pump.
Finally she is fixed. No smell of gas anymore.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
My 2020 Recon went in today. Leaking at the high pressure sensor and the high pressure fuel line…parts ordered; should get back Wednesday. I noticed fuel residue on the lines dropping behind the engine Bay Area. I’m would be surprised if a recall isn’t ordered. Fire would be a bad thing…. Dealer has been very proactive.

abcush

First Name
Mama C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Willy
We are having the same problem with our new Willy jeep. Horrific gas smell coming thru the AC. It is in the shop for the 4th time. They have replaced all the injectors & the fuel line from the top. It is still happening. 4 different mechanics have looked it at the dealership. They can't seem to find the problem. Very frustrated!

Last edited:

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
We are having the same problem with our new Willy jeep. Horrific gas smell coming thru the AC. It is in the shop for the 4th time. They have replaced all the injectors & the fuel line from the top. It is still happening. 4 different mechanics have looked it at the dealership. They can't seem to find the problem. Very frustrated!
Mine was also leaking at the high pressure sensor. Happy to report all is good now….Good luck with your fix.

Sponsored

Lemaness

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ jlu sport

I am having this problem starting today. I have a 2018+ jlus 3.6.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
On our 2.0T it was consistent and it was definitely caused by a hairline crack in the main fuel line. After they replaced it two months ago no more raw fuel smell at all.
It is troubling that they sent you back home telling you that "it is a common thing in cold weather".

Why do they lie like this?

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
It is troubling that they sent you back home telling you that "it is a common thing in cold weather".

Why do they lie like this?
In our case, since they could not find a specific reason for the fuel smell and they could not find anything leaking, although they admitted they could smell it, they just made up an excuse. That was all before the fuel line recall was released and it was a known common problem with the 2.0 engines.

The fuel line on ours was replaced twice, once with the same part number that had cracked and the second time with the updated part number after the recall was issued.
Sponsored