five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
Since when do Jeeps have fuel doors?

No problem on my open filler, as god intended.
Sponsored

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

Interesting thread; my Jeep, as delivered, has never had a tether on its gas cap. I just take the cap off and put it on the fender flare or something. I didn't think the Jeeps with an OE filler door had tethered gas caps. Fascinating.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I ripped the tether off thinking I was smart enough to not leave the cap on my Jeep and drive away. Like 3 fills up later it was gone. Bought a new cap and tether realizing I'm an idiot.

OP
OP

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
Thx everyone. I have a Willys which came with no fuel door. I put the mopar door on. So I guess the jeeps with no door have a shorter tether than jeeps with a fuel door. So I just need to now buy a longer tether since I have the fuel door. Thx for all the comments as it solved my issue. Much appreciated.

Sponsored

Smoke Showing

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
The only good thing about living in New Jersey is we don’t pump our own gas so it’s not an issue here.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
After 12 months my lanyard broke so I hold the cap in my hand 😌

JCarlos

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy’s eco diesel
The only good thing about living in New Jersey is we don’t pump our own gas so it’s not an issue here.
You’re right man that is the only good thing about Jersey LOL fyi I can say that….. I was born there(Princeton)

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
I swapped out my lanyard when I got the fuel door. Mine hangs a bit lower than it did and isnt too much in the way now.

Sponsored

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, so it’s a new cap and strap? I thought you just replaced the strap. So the attached link is for the JLU..
Honestly, I cannot recall if the cap itself fits or not, I used my old cap with this leash. The below link is where I got the P/N and ordered from Amazon if memory serves. I even added a 3M wall hanger to the door to hold the tether. Got that idea from the forum as well.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/actual-short-gas-cap-tether-fix-takes-1-minute.62763/

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
Honestly, I cannot recall if the cap itself fits or not, I used my old cap with this leash. The below link is where I got the P/N and ordered from Amazon if memory serves. I even added a 3M wall hanger to the door to hold the tether. Got that idea from the forum as well.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/actual-short-gas-cap-tether-fix-takes-1-minute.62763/
Ok, so you ordered the cap and strap (Amazon), but only used the new strap on the OEM cap. I’ll try it, so the new strap from the link provided is a few inches longer?
Sponsored