Garagesmart lifts...

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU North Edition
I'm looking at installing a lift in my garage for my 2020 JLU and considering the Garagesmart Lift. It's appealing to me because I'm space constrained, especially on the walls. I've currently got a manual hoist uninstalled from another home... but having trouble finding a good space to install the wall crank. With the Garagesmart, all components are at the ceiling level, so it'd be a little more space efficient for me. Anyone have experience with the Garagesmart lift?... Like/dislike? Any other solutions you'd suggest? FYI, I've also peeked at the RollnJack, but same space concern, only this time with the footprint. Anyway, looking for experiences with folks that have the Garagesmart product, or other suggestions.
Sponsored

debandi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Jeep Rubicon
I'm looking at installing a lift in my garage for my 2020 JLU and considering the Garagesmart Lift. It's appealing to me because I'm space constrained, especially on the walls. I've currently got a manual hoist uninstalled from another home... but having trouble finding a good space to install the wall crank. With the Garagesmart, all components are at the ceiling level, so it'd be a little more space efficient for me. Anyone have experience with the Garagesmart lift?... Like/dislike? Any other solutions you'd suggest? FYI, I've also peeked at the RollnJack, but same space concern, only this time with the footprint. Anyway, looking for experiences with folks that have the Garagesmart product, or other suggestions.
Yes I have one and I love it!. 3 minutes and the top is off and controlled with your phone. I would buy it again.

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have the garage smart system, it was easy to install and keeps my top out of the way. It also has a storage bag that goes in the top to throw stuff in. No complaints with it, works flawlessly.

OP
OP
gsyoung

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the garage smart system, it was easy to install and keeps my top out of the way. It also has a storage bag that goes in the top to throw stuff in. No complaints with it, works flawlessly.
Thanks for the feedback folks! It sounds like you're happy Garage Smart customers, and are sold on the technology. I think I'm now leaning toward that as well instead of the RollnJack. It seems like this system uses pretty much the same components to fit multiple configs... so I'm thinking even if I stopped using it down the road as a "Jeep Top" lift, I could easily repurpose it for other uses like a kayak or bike lift, or even add a platform and create general overhead storage. Now, it's just a matter buying it... anyone ever find this going on sale?... or know of any ways to get a discount on it?

debandi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Jeep Rubicon
Thanks for the feedback folks! It sounds like you're happy Garage Smart customers, and are sold on the technology. I think I'm now leaning toward that as well instead of the RollnJack. It seems like this system uses pretty much the same components to fit multiple configs... so I'm thinking even if I stopped using it down the road as a "Jeep Top" lift, I could easily repurpose it for other uses like a kayak or bike lift, or even add a platform and create general overhead storage. Now, it's just a matter buying it... anyone ever find this going on sale?... or know of any ways to get a discount on it?

Try this link.

http://garagesmart.refr.cc/daviddebandi

Sponsored

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
The GarageSmart solution is very intriguing to me. I have a lower garage ceiling height of 8 foot 7 inches. In your experience with the hoist, would I be able to snug the top close enough to the ceiling to park or walk underneath the top without running into it?

OP
OP
gsyoung

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The GarageSmart solution is very intriguing to me. I have a lower garage ceiling height of 8 foot 7 inches. In your experience with the hoist, would I be able to snug the top close enough to the ceiling to park or walk underneath the top without running into it?
I just went thru a similar dilemma. I ordered the GarageSmart, but ended up backing out of it before it shipped and switched to Rollnjack. I chose the Rollnjack realizing I'd have to walk around both options, but Rollnjack is mobile being on wheels, so I could move it around in the garage if needed. Also, I think Rollnjack is easier to use as you don't have to worry able backing up to an exact location to use GarageSmart... just back your jeep into the garage, roll up the Rollnjack, take off the top, then roll it to where you want. It stores well too as u can easily park the jeep under the top... takes up very lil footprint.

Last edited:

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Anyone know if you can use Topsy Hinges with the GarageSmart lift?
Sponsored