Sponsored

Garage cracks, not jokes and no plumbers!

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
So I was wondering what y'all are using to fill the expansion cracks in your garage so your stool, tool cart/s, mechanics dolly's etc roll smooth...I know it cannot be solid, like concrete cuz it's gotta function, soooo, what to fill em with?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I need to do the same thing, I bet Sika has something that would do the trick, their tech guys would probably be the best to recommend which product.

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
There's a product used for self leveling concrete floors. I've seen it used in basements and shop floors, and typically a full coverage type of thing. I don't know a specific product name, just that it exists. It's got a consistency thicker than syrup, so it gets poured and allowed to fill low spots and provide an absolutely flat surface, or I've also seen it spread out on an already flat surface and used for fixing wounds. It also seals the concrete floor from absorbing liquids, like shop related spills.

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I've used this several times on patios, sidewalks and concrete garage floors. Works great as long as the crack is not too wide. Make sure you blow out the dirt, dust and debris in the crack before you apply it. In deeper cracks you may want to apply it in two lifts, letting the first application level and just start to cure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I've used this several times on patios, sidewalks and concrete garage floors. Works great as long as the crack is not too wide. Make sure you blow out the dirt, dust and debris in the crack before you apply it. In deeper cracks you may want to apply it in two lifts, letting the first application level and just start to cure.
Thanks, looks like the sikaflex is pretty popular...is that an auto shop buy, or hardware store?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
home depot, got it
If they tooled the joints and they are deep, you may want to use backer rod to reduce your material usage and to make sure you have the joint per spec.

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
home depot, got it
That's where I got it.

If they tooled the joints and they are deep, you may want to use backer rod to reduce your material usage and to make sure you have the joint per spec.
Good point and great suggestion. I've used backer rod on the deeper holes or those that look like they go below the bottom level of the concrete. It definitely cuts down on the material you'll pour into the crack.
Sponsored