Sponsored

Garage clearance - overall height Willys with XR package?

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dakota, 2017 Cherokee, 2023 Willys XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

I'm considering ordering a '23 Willys with the XR package and was wondering if anyone has an overall height of their Willys w/ XR?

Advertised height of the Willys is 73.6" (width is 73.8" w/o mirrors) so I'm guessing an additional 3~4" max for the lift and 35s. Does that sound right? If so I'll have no worries putting it in a single door garage.

Thanks!

--jj_WA--
Sponsored

Zipzit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 4x4 Wannabee
The XR lift is only 1.5”. I have a new 2022 High Tide with the Extreme Recon 35 package. At first glance the overall height is about 2” taller then my 6’1” height in shoes.

OP
OP
JJ_WA

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

Thanks, @Zipzit. I was figuring the overall difference to be about 3" due to the lift and larger tire diameter. 6'3"-ish will fit fine.

I was looking at the High Tide...seems pretty nice.

Thanks!

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
Thanks, @Zipzit. I was figuring the overall difference to be about 3" due to the lift and larger tire diameter. 6'3"-ish will fit fine.

I was looking at the High Tide...seems pretty nice.

Thanks!
Did you ever proceed with the High Tide? I’m looking at adding 35” tires to a Willys, small spacer lift.

OP
OP
JJ_WA

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

Did you ever proceed with the High Tide? I’m looking at adding 35” tires to a Willys, small spacer lift.
I ordered a Willys XR in December. Still waiting for it to hit D1.

Sponsored

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
I ordered a Willys XR in December. Still waiting for it to hit D1.
Outstanding, what's the lead time on a build? I've had my Willys for about two years and really enjoy it, slowly doing modifications. I recently picked up a set of Ace Engineering rock sliders and Mopar LCA's to be installed soon. Probably this summer I'll jump into 35" tires, small 1.25' spacer lift. I already did a Rubicon spring swap, so total ride height lift will be about 2.25". Like many others noted, a Willys XR package wasn't available until the last year or so, but it's definitely the way to go. On the other hand, when I purchased my Willys prices were not near as high as they are now! What color did you go with and what options?

OP
OP
JJ_WA

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

Outstanding, what's the lead time on a build? I've had my Willys for about two years and really enjoy it, slowly doing modifications. I recently picked up a set of Ace Engineering rock sliders and Mopar LCA's to be installed soon. Probably this summer I'll jump into 35" tires, small 1.25' spacer lift. I already did a Rubicon spring swap, so total ride height lift will be about 2.25". Like many others noted, a Willys XR package wasn't available until the last year or so, but it's definitely the way to go. On the other hand, when I purchased my Willys prices were not near as high as they are now! What color did you go with and what options?
No idea. I'm still waiting for it to hit D1. I've thought about the ACE sliders, but will start with a set of Saraha steps so the SO can get in and out. Thought of the LCAs. I want to drive it first to see if it's needed.
Color = white. Options are in my tag. Pretty much all but the Advanced Safety. Probably the reason it's not been built yet - gathering parts.

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
Height varies a little between XRs so 75 to 76 inches at the highest point towards the rear with a hardtop.
I just measured mine, it's about 11" ground clearance. I got a rubicon spring swap, so I figure after 35" tires (about a 2" increased diameter from current set 285/70/17) and 1" coil spacers I'll be riding as high as a XR.

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
No idea. I'm still waiting for it to hit D1. I've thought about the ACE sliders, but will start with a set of Saraha steps so the SO can get in and out. Thought of the LCAs. I want to drive it first to see if it's needed.
Color = white. Options are in my tag. Pretty much all but the Advanced Safety. Probably the reason it's not been built yet - gathering parts.
I just got my Willys XR and, at least with mine, the longer LCAs are needed. My steering was wandering pretty good until I did the swap this past weekend. Now it's much better.

I have an appointment tomorrow to get my Barricade sliders installed. I would do it myself but they require that you remove the body bolts and I don't want to end up breaking one. I figure if I take it to a shop and they break a bolt, they have to fix it and I didn't want to chance a $500 repair to save $150.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JJ_WA

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

I just got my Willys XR and, at least with mine, the longer LCAs are needed. My steering was wandering pretty good until I did the swap this past weekend. Now it's much better.

I have an appointment tomorrow to get my Barricade sliders installed. I would do it myself but they require that you remove the body bolts and I don't want to end up breaking one. I figure if I take it to a shop and they break a bolt, they have to fix it and I didn't want to chance a $500 repair to save $150.
Thanks for the info, Bill. Curious, did you adjust air pressure prior to adding the longer LCAs? Just another step in the process.~

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
Thanks for the info, Bill. Curious, did you adjust air pressure prior to adding the longer LCAs? Just another step in the process.~
Yes. Took the pressure down to ~35 cold. Might still be a little high for 35s though. The LCAs did a lot to make the steering and tracking more solid though.
Sponsored