Game Changer 2.5 lift for the ecodiesel

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I am very interested in getting the game changer 2.5 inch lift for the 2020 JL diesel. From what I have read is because of the additional weight of the engine some lifts will not work on the jeep. So my question is whether or not the game changer will indeed work? Thanks.
Mike
Sponsored

Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S 3.0 EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
They’re going to tell you to use their 3.6 kit and that it will be good enough. At least that’s what they told me.

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They’re going to tell you to use their 3.6 kit and that it will be good enough. At least that’s what they told me.
Thanks for the info. I am really reluctant to go to the 3.6 lift because my dealership said anything over 3 inch will void the warranty. I only have 3k miles on the jeep and would hate like heck to see that happen. Hopefully MC will come up with something soon.

Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. I am really reluctant to go to the 3.6 lift because my dealership said anything over 3 inch will void the warranty. I only have 3k miles on the jeep and would hate like heck to see that happen. Hopefully MC will come up with something soon.
I’m sorry , I meant to say they will tell you to buy the 3.6 V6 penastar kit, because they do not have a an EcoDiesel 3.0 kit available.The 3.6 gas engine kit comes in both the 2.5 and 3.5 inches.

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m sorry , I meant to say they will tell you to buy the 3.6 V6 penastar kit, because they do not have a an EcoDiesel 3.0 kit available.The 3.6 gas engine kit comes in both the 2.5 and 3.5 inches.
Many thanks. It looks like for now this will be a wait and see. As you can imagine, money is getting tighter for expenses like this. Again thank you for the info.

Sponsored

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
Sales and tech support for MetalCloak
We will be installing the 3.5" kit on a diesel in house next week and test fitting some skids.

Based of the feedback from the several shops that have already install them we are seeing about a .5" decrease in height.

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We will be installing the 3.5" kit on a diesel in house next week and test fitting some skids.

Based of the feedback from the several shops that have already install them we are seeing about a .5" decrease in height.
Thanks for your feedback. I am looking forward to hearing how things go. Been home 6 weeks so far and no where to go. I am going to wait until we get a solid solution for the diesel. Again thank you for your support and help.

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
Thanks for your feedback. I am looking forward to hearing how things go. Been home 6 weeks so far and no where to go. I am going to wait until we get a solid solution for the diesel. Again thank you for your support and help.
No problem, With everything going on it has slowed down our access to the diesel for testing. We have been working with the shops that have done installed to get as much info as possible. At this point stock wheels without spacers are a no go.

Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No problem, With everything going on it has slowed down our access to the diesel for testing. We have been working with the shops that have done installed to get as much info as possible. At this point stock wheels without spacers are a no go.
Will, Do you have a direct line where I could call and talk with you, I'd like to order 3.5 game changer but already running 38's and need all the room I can get.

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
Will, Do you have a direct line where I could call and talk with you, I'd like to order 3.5 game changer but already running 38's and need all the room I can get.
If you ask for me when you call they will transfer you over. Jon is on 38's on his JLUR too and would be a good resource as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Continuing with the thread, any updates on using the game changer with the diesel. Also considering the extra weight of the engine would you recommend going with the 3.5 lift over the 2.5. Thanks in advance.
Mike

Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Continuing with the thread, any updates on using the game changer with the diesel. Also considering the extra weight of the engine would you recommend going with the 3.5 lift over the 2.5. Thanks in advance.
Mike
Mine is in the mail shipping to me as we speak. I went with the 3.5 game changer. Should be here by Thursday next week. I will let you know how it is as soon as I get it installed.

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is in the mail shipping to me as we speak. I went with the 3.5 game changer. Should be here by Thursday next week. I will let you know how it is as soon as I get it installed.
Great news thanks. Right now my ideas and wants are bigger than my wallet. But good things come to those who wait.