Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
Where at in Colorado??
Several trips planned this year - We'll be in the Hahns Peak area, Florrissant, and with some luck do the Alpine Loop, too. The annual Ute Cup (50th year!) is this August so I could see FOUR trips to Colorado this year! Planning everything after snow melt, doing the usual calls to find out which passes are open. Looking forward to it!

brican

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Great to have the GPS in my JLR but if I'm in the wilderness I'm keeping a compass and trail map close by. I found this one at Costco for AZ, When we go to UT, WY, SD, CO and Montana this summer I'll be looking for these maps before we go. This is super detailed for $16.

20200225_115043[1].jpg

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Just received an email from Gaia....... CarPlay is here!

“We’re proud to bring you the integration of Gaia GPS with Apple CarPlay. One of the most requested features ever, CarPlay connection brings all of your favorite Gaia GPS outdoor maps to your vehicle’s touchscreen. Access hundreds of Gaia GPS maps right on the dash, from USFS Topo to National Geographic Trails Illustrated, with or without cell service.”

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager

Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I tested out Gaia and was impressed with the Apple CarPlay integration, as it saves me from needing an IPad mini. I searched for Gaia discounts and found a YouTube channel that had a link to a discount and only cost $128 for a five year premium subscription. I downloaded a few BDR routes from Ridebdr.com and it was a breeze to load into Gaia. I love the ability to quickly swap map layers, and the screen size on the JL 8.4 is great.

I’m sold! I used the money I saved from not needing to buy a Mini IPad to instead buy a Garmin InReach Mini, as I often head to places without cell service, on my motorcycle and in my Jeep, and the peace of mind is great.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I decided to get the Mini after trying to use the Jeep screen to pan. If you just need a larger display for the map, the Gaia CarPlay Option works fine, but if you want to tinker with the maps, easier to do so on a iPad Mini screen.

I got the 256gb version so storage won’t be an issue, and ordered the Armor X waterproof case with the motorcycle mount option. It comes with an oversized RAM style ball, which won’t work with the standard 67 Designs arm, but 67 Designs sells an optional end mount piece that works with Ram balls.

so now the Mini receives the GPS signal from the InReach mini gps, and It works great. Expensive for a GPS setup, but frees my iPhone to be just a phone.

Jeep Wrangler JL GAIA maps is a lifesaver! 98367C9B-DBB4-4ABC-A729-03052E6A9047

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I love using the iPad mini and Gaia
Sponsored