Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Well that sucks. But I've never experienced those types of failures using onX.

The offline maps on my phone work great.

There are times my phone goes to sleep as well but as long as I am using Android Carplay and have a back up satnav device (Garmin InReach) then everything works great.

onX has some great online tutorials and they host Zoom meetings as well. I have learned a lot by using the video and attending the video conferences. The real time Q&A is especially helpful.

Good luck. O hope you get the chance to try onX again sometime.
Thank for the tips. My initial experience was disappointing, I added OnX to my gps enabled iPad and dowloaded several maps for the Moab area. I get to Needles district in Canyonlands NP to run Elephant Hill and OnX wants me to log in and set up an account….I am so far in the boonies there is no coverage. Thankfully I had the Moab trail book with me…
Sponsored

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
Unfortunately, Gaia has just been bought by another company , and it looks like its subscription fees will go up to $100 and ALL YOUR DATA, TRAVELS AND ACTIVITY will be mined by the company and shared with whoever they see fit.
Yep. The Gaia web app stopped working for me a couple of weeks ago. Turns out my browser was blocking something for security reasons and when I looked at the debugger I saw that it was phoning in to FaceBook for my login. I abruptly changed to onX.

NB: I don’t even have a FaceBook account.

Reactions: J0E