G2 wheel spacers, thoughts?

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Hey all. Just wanted thoughts on these wheel spacers. Like many, it is my temporary solution before upgrading to 35s with new rims that have appropriate offset. 4WheelParts had an online special in that their G2 1.75" wheel spacers were $69 from $99/pair so I bought them. I want to put them on but I figured I'd ask the forum first. I have read a bunch here about component stress over time with them but really just asking what people think about the G2 brand. It seems like spydertrax are the spacers everyone recommends but I have yet to hear anything about the G2 brand- good or bad.

I guess the other question is what is y'all's practice as far as periodic bolt checking on the spacers? I will use the locktite provided but really what are the chances these come lose, and the tire comes off?

Thanks in advance!

J
IMG_20181219_185045.jpg
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I have no experience with G2. Some of the cheaper spacers crack, have bolts sheer off, or come loose and snap your stock bolts.

Never hear of these issues with Spidertrax or Synergy spacers.

Proper installation is key:

1. Remove the rotor retainer clips
2. Tighten to torque spec. Use hand tools, not an impact
3. Use the provided loctite
4. After 50-100 miles check torque with torque wrench. If you originally torqued to 100 pounds, check at 90 pounds to avoid breaking loctite seal.

If they are still tight after the first check, they will most likely stay tight forever. Some people check sporadically after the initial check. I don't. Never had an issue. It is the same as tightening your regular lug nuts, only with the added bond of loctite.

silverbullet

First Name
Keaton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 JLU Rubi
G2 is a well known and good brand on par with spydertrax and such. Just use red loctite and keep them torqued to 100 or so!
Sponsored