Sponsored

FYI: Tesla Cybertruck base price $39K, tows 14K lbs, 500 mile range, 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds, available to order now.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I saw two Rivian Trucks going toward Lake Isabella, CA two weeks ago. Without any camo. It is a long stretch without any services uphill. Testing long range 50 degree temps uphill?

That is a nice looking truck in person. Pictures online don't do it justice.
Tesla doesn't stand a chance.
I think Rivian overall is going to be the one to watch and copy going forward. I don't know why but with a lot of what I read about them just seems very promising going forward.
Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Until I can drive it one way to the beach in NC I want my combustible gas engine. I just don't want charge stations to dictate my path. I hate driving through DC on 95. I go back roads for a solid 3 hours and I have not laid eyes on a charge station. so until the mileage is like 1000 per charge I'm out.

The_Skyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 6 spd 4.88
I don't love it for the looks on its own, but considering WHY it looks the way it looks makes me like it a lot more. I'd get one but I want something sooner (Jeep on order) and I'm still hoping within 10 years we'll have faster charging vehicles and maybe a non pickup Tesla truck!

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Don't bash the look of the Cybertruck, they did this on purpose, its a theft deterrent feature part of their security design...😂

Last edited:

Sponsored

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
I think Rivian overall is going to be the one to watch and copy going forward. I don't know why but with a lot of what I read about them just seems very promising going forward.
I think it definitely looks "different". I saw a baby blue one and a black one and it reminded me of a Toyota FJ. Definitely looks futuristic with the LED rings and everywhere in the front.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
I work next to Rivian headquarters and I see that the parking lot has been full throughout the pandemic. They certainly have the mind share right now and I can tell you that top engineers in Silicon Valley find there is more cachet in being at Rivian than at Tesla.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look at Elon Musk’s track record. When he says something is going to happen this year it usually takes 1 to 3 years for it to actually happen. He almost never says something is not going to happen this year. This week he said no new models will be released in 2022 and that the truck is coming in 2023. That likely means that the truck is coming in 2024. And if the supply chain bottlenecks ease up by 2024 Musk will celebrate how his own genius mind was responsible for over delivering on his promise.

That may not be considered par for the course for Farley or Barra or Toyoda or Tavares, but you have to take into account the Musk handicap.

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Until I can drive it one way to the beach in NC I want my combustible gas engine. I just don't want charge stations to dictate my path. I hate driving through DC on 95. I go back roads for a solid 3 hours and I have not laid eyes on a charge station. so until the mileage is like 1000 per charge I'm out.
Fix for charging stations dictating driving paths. LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL FYI: Tesla Cybertruck base price $39K, tows 14K lbs, 500 mile range, 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds, available to order now. Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 12.30.41 PM

Jeep Wrangler JL FYI: Tesla Cybertruck base price $39K, tows 14K lbs, 500 mile range, 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds, available to order now. Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 12.30.31 PM

Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We also had a model 3 reservation for over a year for my wife. once the price pretty much doubled and the actual good model was released way layer we canceled. I think they use all those 1000$ deposits as free loans while rolling out a new vehicle knowing a lot will refund layer.
My friend bought one of the early Model 3 sedans and we went for a ride. It was fun. I asked him if he considered himself a luxury automobile segment buyer. He said of course not. The funny thing was that his Model 3 cost him $60k when at that time the average family vehicle was $34k.

AG’s ‘ 21 Jeep Wrangler

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Not a direct Wrangler competitor, but still cool.

Tesla Cybertruck base price $39,000, tows 14,000lbs, 500 mile range, 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds, available to pre-order now. **Yes, of course all features aren't in the base model. Duh.

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/tesla-cybertruck/

Jeep Wrangler JL FYI: Tesla Cybertruck base price $39K, tows 14K lbs, 500 mile range, 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds, available to order now. Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 12.30.31 PM

Video at https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck

Cybertruck Feature Highlights
**Of course all features aren't in the base model. Duh.

Adaptive Air Suspension Not only can the Cybertruck raise and lower its height as needed, it can also lower its rear enabling easy loading of motorcyles and ATVs via an integrated ramp.

Autopilot For $7,000 buyers can choose the Self Driving option that adds self-driving features like automatic parking, trailer docking, and Tesla’s Full Self Driving abilities. Though we’ll add that no vehicle currently in production is capable of truly autonomous driving.

17-inch Touchscreen Like the rest of Tesla’s lineup, the interior of the Cybertruck is dominated by a massive, centrally mounted touchscreen through which most vehicle operations are conducted.

Digital Rearview Mirror When lowered, the Cybertruck’s rolling cargo cover blocks the driver’s view rearward. As a result, Tesla installed a digital rear view mirror that displays the view from a rear facing camera at the back of the vehicle.

Yoke Steering Wheel The steering wheel is not round but instead constructed like the yoke of an airplane with a left and right grip…for some reason.

I would never, ever, buy something this freaking ugly…

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I work next to Rivian headquarters and I see that the parking lot has been full throughout the pandemic. They certainly have the mind share right now and I can tell you that top engineers in Silicon Valley find there is more cachet in being at Rivian than at Tesla.
my uncle's nephew actually left tesla to go to Rivian about 1.5 yrs ago now. He was some type of engineer at Tesla. They went after him my uncle said. I know he is very happy there.