Sponsored

FYI: Tesla Cybertruck base price $39K, tows 14K lbs, 500 mile range, 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds, available to order now.

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
I'd give strong consideration to one of these...IF it wasn't so damn big. they need something JLU sized or smaller.....

The range thing is my major hurdle toward any of the EV. If it can't do 400 miles reliably without stopping, it won't work for me.
Most gas cars and trucks don’t have that range except in ideal conditions., or bladders.😂
Sponsored

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
I saw two Rivian Trucks going toward Lake Isabella, CA two weeks ago. Without any camo. It is a long stretch without any services uphill. Testing long range 50 degree temps uphill?

That is a nice looking truck in person. Pictures online don't do it justice.
Tesla doesn't stand a chance.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I do think our next vehicle will be some sort of an electric vehicle. Probably not a Tesla though as we don't like their style. It just boggles my mind that Tesla's valuation at one point was more than the top 5 automakers combined. At one point AOL was very valuable and where are they now.

Historically, the auto industry is a low margin business with very high capital costs. It is also highly driven by customer tastes and preferences. That being said, the CyberTruck is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Uglier than the Pontiac Aztek.

Sponsored

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
I do think our next vehicle will be some sort of an electric vehicle. Probably not a Tesla though as we don't like their style. It just boggles my mind that Tesla's valuation at one point was more than the top 5 automakers combined. At one point AOL was very valuable and where are they now.

Historically, the auto industry is a low margin business with very high capital costs. It is also highly driven by customer tastes and preferences. That being said, the CyberTruck is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Uglier than the Pontiac Aztek.
Teslas valuation is toast once the legacy manufacturers have their electric options availavle. BMWs I4 looks great. Interior puts tesla to shame. Porsche. Audi.

My wifes next car will probably be electric but we will be looking at other options other than tesla most likely.

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
Why does it have to look like something Elon made for Pinewood Derby when he was 12 .

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
My dad has daily driven a Model S for 6-1/2 years and closing in on 110k miles. My parents live in suburban Chicago and have taken road trips to the bourbon trail in Kentucky and to his sister’s house in Tulsa. There’s a couple of places in the upper peninsula that they have to take my mom’s Cayenne, but the Tesla is the car they take on trips 95% of the time because it’s so cheap to charge.., 250 miles for $7. And the instant torque is like a carnival ride. He’s already said he’ll never go back to ICE. He loves it.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Everyone hating on the design is just jealous of my superior drawing skills. Very few 7 year old children get to see their drawings become a reality.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
If I lived in one of our democratic city's, I would buy one, just to stop the 9mm bullets they shoot at you. I believe that stopping bullets, is one of it's pluses!

Sponsored

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
Why does it have to look like something Elon made for Pinewood Derby when he was 12 .
I think it was based on what the 80s thought the future was going to look like.

Reminds me of those 80s movies about 2020 in Mars. Here we are with the 1980 depiction of a Mars 2023 Rover "Halo" Warthog truck. lol

CamperShamu

First Name
Shamu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR(ordered), Tesla 3, BMW m240i
My dad has daily driven a Model S for 6-1/2 years and closing in on 110k miles. My parents live in suburban Chicago and have taken road trips to the bourbon trail in Kentucky and to his sister’s house in Tulsa. There’s a couple of places in the upper peninsula that they have to take my mom’s Cayenne, but the Tesla is the car they take on trips 95% of the time because it’s so cheap to charge.., 250 miles for $7. And the instant torque is like a carnival ride. He’s already said he’ll never go back to ICE. He loves it.
Ha. The instant torque is the love part of my love-hate relationship with tesl cars. I love it.
Charging rates vary wildly across the board and in my recent round trip to Milwaukee from the Ny area I can tell you the cost was close to what I would have paid using regular gas In a modern similar sedan.

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
I remember putting a deposit on a "starting at $30K" model 3. By the time I could configure, I was ready to cancel because I no longer wanted it (I had paid off my current car in those two years...and moved to a home 3 miles from the office). I still configured it...ended up at $72K. Guess what I spent that money on instead? 😂
Biggest crack party like Chappelle did ?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I remember putting a deposit on a "starting at $30K" model 3. By the time I could configure, I was ready to cancel because I no longer wanted it (I had paid off my current car in those two years...and moved to a home 3 miles from the office). I still configured it...ended up at $72K. Guess what I spent that money on instead? 😂
We also had a model 3 reservation for over a year for my wife. once the price pretty much doubled and the actual good model was released way layer we canceled. I think they use all those 1000$ deposits as free loans while rolling out a new vehicle knowing a lot will refund layer.
Sponsored