Sponsored

FYI: Tesla Cybertruck base price $39K, tows 14K lbs, 500 mile range, 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds, available to order now.

jimmym1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear you. same here. We have done smaller road trips up to 8 hours before and that was ok in non freezing weather. Anything longer is just painful.
We are keeping the Tesla as my wife loves it. Have had a few bmw two seaters over the years but arent road trip capable vehicles either. Will be selling it now. Hence ended up with theJeep. Which I have always wanted for many years.
Agreed. I wish I would've bought the 35K SR Model 3 back in the day. I would be fine with that and keep it for a second car. It's just impossible to justify a almost 70K car that doesn't do what its advertised when you could get a SR at half the cost and just a tad bit less range
Sponsored

CamperShamu

First Name
Shamu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR(ordered), Tesla 3, BMW m240i
Agreed. I wish I would've bought the 35K SR Model 3 back in the day. I would be fine with that and keep it for a second car. It's just impossible to justify a almost 70K car that doesn't do what its advertised when you could get a SR at half the cost and just a tad bit less range
I agree with your thought process totally. Ours is the awd long range one I believe. But yeah so much for 35k. By the time we actually purchased with options it was already close to 60k.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
The future is here. I’m excited for it. I’m not ready to pass judgment till I see it in person. It could look totally different sitting in your driveway in a cool color.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
The title is slightly misleading... You can't actually "order" one, but you can pay $100 to reserve one that you can customize later...
You should contact Tesla and straighten them out. Big block letters on there wedsite (ORDER NOW) Oh wait an anonymous person online knows more than Tesla manufacturing. I get it. Lol
Jeep Wrangler JL FYI: Tesla Cybertruck base price $39K, tows 14K lbs, 500 mile range, 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds, available to order now. 43BDC9C1-7BC1-4568-9C47-9C3DB2A50C95

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
You should contact Tesla and straighten them out. Big block letters on there wedsite (ORDER NOW) Oh wait an anonymous person online knows more than Tesla manufacturing. I get it. Lol
Nope, I clicked on "Order now" and it just said enter card info and $100 will reserve you a spot (or something like that)... you'll be able to configure it later, and the $100 is fully refundable.

By the way, I'm not a random person, I'm a unique human being created by God as are you.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Nope, I clicked on "Order now" and it just said enter card info and $100 will reserve you a spot (or something like that)...
Again something you need to take up with Tesla manufacturing not the OP of this thread. His title is accurate per Tesla.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Again something you need to take up with Tesla manufacturing not the OP of this thread. His title is accurate per Tesla.
Except that fake "Order Now" button has been there for 3 years, this is not news.

So yes, this thread title is misleading.

Sponsored

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Wife and I love it. Something different. Kind of why we love Jeeps.
We have one reserved and hope they actually produce it.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Not a direct Wrangler competitor, but still cool.

Tesla Cybertruck base price $39,000, tows 14,000lbs, 500 mile range, 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds, available to pre-order now.

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/tesla-cybertruck/

Jeep Wrangler JL FYI: Tesla Cybertruck base price $39K, tows 14K lbs, 500 mile range, 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds, available to order now. 43BDC9C1-7BC1-4568-9C47-9C3DB2A50C95

Video at https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck

Cybertruck Feature Highlights

Adaptive Air Suspension Not only can the Cybertruck raise and lower its height as needed, it can also lower its rear enabling easy loading of motorcyles and ATVs via an integrated ramp.

Autopilot For $7,000 buyers can choose the Self Driving option that adds self-driving features like automatic parking, trailer docking, and Tesla’s Full Self Driving abilities. Though we’ll add that no vehicle currently in production is capable of truly autonomous driving.

17-inch Touchscreen Like the rest of Tesla’s lineup, the interior of the Cybertruck is dominated by a massive, centrally mounted touchscreen through which most vehicle operations are conducted.

Digital Rearview Mirror When lowered, the Cybertruck’s rolling cargo cover blocks the driver’s view rearward. As a result, Tesla installed a digital rear view mirror that displays the view from a rear facing camera at the back of the vehicle.

Yoke Steering Wheel The steering wheel is not round but instead constructed like the yoke of an airplane with a left and right grip…for some reason.

The price is right and the performance is amazing...but the styling stinks and that steering wheel is already getting bad reviews.

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
btw this article was updated on Jan 18.

• Tesla’s Cybertruck is a radical reimagining of a traditional pickup truck
  • Stainless steel body and wedge profile make it look like a movie prop
  • Up to 500 miles of electric range
  • 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds with fastest model
  • Tesla is delayed again – production won’t begin until 2023.
  • Available for preorder now
  • Base price is $39,900
UPDATE: On October 14, 2021 Tesla updated its Cybertruck order page and removed specs and pricing with no explanation. As of Jan. 18, 2022, nothing has changed.

Last edited:

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Comes with lifetime supply of vomit bags because it's so disgusting looking....

My buddy ordered a Cybertruck about 1.5-2 years ago. He's hoping to get it by the end of 2022, maybe 2023. I know because I told him, "my Jeep that I ordered in October is coming soon, when is your truck going to be here so that we can go off roading?" He and his wife call me gay because I bought a Jeep, I call him someone with bad taste because he bought the ugliest vehicle ever made. We're still friends, it works. I mostly like the fact that it's physically impossible to smash the windows with a steel ball.
Sponsored