Sponsored

FWIW 33s on Stock Sport

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Stock JL Sport Altitude Package (no lift) w/ 285/70r/17 KO2's on 17x9 Fuel wheels (-12 offset). i have noticed, however, that the right front tire does occasionally rub on front bumper (the little plastic piece that holds the back of the fog lights) but only when the wheels are turned all the way left (not right). Not that big of a deal though.

IMG_2810.JPG

IMG_2811.JPG
Nice Jeep. I rubbed with the Eurofender on. No issues since removing it.
good lookin' rig. What size tires?
Thanks. Tires are Duratracs in 285/70/17

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
295/70/17 on ATX Ravine 17x8.5 +10

100_4023.JPG

100_4024.JPG

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I know this has been asked, but the answers have been various, with lots of “No, it can’t be done without a lift.” It can.

Today I had new Toyo Open Country A/T II P285/70R17s put on to replace the pizza-cutter-stock “A/T” (dubious) tires. They fit great! At the closest contact point I have more than two inches of clearance.

Specs: Diameter 32.8”, width 11.5” (they barely stick out past the fenders), load rating 2833 lbs, max speed 118 mph, weight 48 lbs.

I am now trying to decide if I need to have the dealership reset the ECU due to 1” increase and bigger footprint. The speed gauge is off approximately 1 to 1.5 mph in normal driving range. The auto 8-speed seems to be hitting the shift control points the same. I would appreciate y’alls thoughts on that. Thanks. Chatting here takes my mind off of hurricane prep ;)

I had the same rubber on my FJ Cruiser; I loved them! It’s a pretty aggressive tread for an A/T, but road noise on my Jeep is only a slight growl, and the machine tracks beautifully at 36 psi.
Hello Jeff, Did you ask your Wife for the Grand yet? Not sure if you have a 4 Wheel Parts Company your jungle way. They are well known here. I went to them here and they put BFG KO2's 275/70/R18 AT on my Jeep. They are 33.2 X 11 size-wise. I could of left Jeep Stock without issue but they suggested the Teraflex 1.5 Spacer kit. 2.0-inch front to take Factory Rake out and 1.5 inch goes on the rear. Kit is $160. I paid for install the same time as they did my Tires. 33's added do not have to reset your ECU. You have to have Steering Wheel and Front end realigned of course for the switch of tires and lift.

Jeep 2019 2.jpg

Beofre Lift 33's.jpg

2019 Jeep JLU Sahara  Lifted 33's now..jpg

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The promised picture.

0F422E3F-6578-40CF-A881-1FA66B511F69.jpeg
Looks nice. You could put the Teraflex Kit on yourself. It would give to the clearance and looks too.

My Son is in Jacksonville and I have been watching Dorian like you have to be. Looks like now track will follow the coastline as 2016 Storm did.
This time it might be CAT 3 passing Jacksonville. Stay Safe again !!!

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Looks nice. You could put the Teraflex Kit on yourself. It would give to the clearance and looks too.

My Son is in Jacksonville and I have been watching Dorian like you have to be. Looks like now track will follow the coastline as 2016 Storm did.
This time it might be CAT 3 passing Jacksonville. Stay Safe again !!!
Thank you sir (sorry, I don’t know your first name and am guessing your gender).

Prayers for your son, and thanks for the compliment! I drove a pretty good distance this morning up to highway speed. There is ZERO slop in the steering, and it holds a straight track by itself amazingly well!

What are the practical advantages of the Teraflex leveling kit?

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Jeff, Did you ask your Wife for the Grand yet? Not sure if you have a 4 Wheel Parts Company your jungle way. They are well known here. I went to them here and they put BFG KO2's 275/70/R18 AT on my Jeep. They are 33.2 X 11 size-wise. I could of left Jeep Stock without issue but they suggested the Teraflex 1.5 Spacer kit. 2.0-inch front to take Factory Rake out and 1.5 inch goes on the rear. Kit is $160. I paid for install the same time as they did my Tires. 33's added do not have to reset your ECU. You have to have Steering Wheel and Front end realigned of course for the switch of tires and lift.

Jeep 2019 2.jpg

Beofre Lift 33's.jpg

My new friend, it cost almost a grand just to get the tires! I have to wait awhile before I do any more upgrades. Right now I am getting away with purchasing things I NEED to have, not what I WANT to have. ;)

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you sir (sorry, I don’t know your first name and am guessing your gender).

Prayers for your son, and thanks for the compliment! I drove a pretty good distance this morning up to highway speed. There is ZERO slop in the steering, and it holds a straight track by itself amazingly well!

What are the practical advantages of the Teraflex leveling kit?
This is Curtis from before about you sweet-talking your Wife for the Grand for Building (Hurricane Proof ) over your Jeep. We chatted about it. lol The Tearflex Kit just gives you more Clearance with your new 33's and takes away the Factory Rake that comes with Jeeps. Brings front end up. For the price $160 it adds a better look to your Jeep plus Clearance for bigger tires you have. I was nicely surprised at the appearance of mine when I picked it up.

Before Lift &  33'.jpg

Jeep 2019 2.jpg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This is Curtis from before about you sweet-talking your Wife for the Grand for Building (Hurricane Proof ) over your Jeep. We chatted about it. lol The Tearflex Kit just gives you more Clearance with your new 33's and takes away the Factory Rake that comes with Jeeps. Brings front end up. For the price $160 it adds a better look to your Jeep plus Clearance for bigger tires you have. I was nicely surprised at the appearance of mine when I picked it up.

Before Lift &  33'.jpg

Jeep 2019 2.jpg
You already forgot our Two Day chat about your Jungle living and your Wife with the Huntsman spider and snake taller than she is !!! lol

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
You already forgot our Two Day chat about your Jungle living and your Wife with the Huntsman spider and snake taller than she is !!! lol
LOL!!! Curtis, I am so sorry! Yes, I remember. I’ve been hit in the head too many times, I think. Plus, I didn’t sleep last night. Please forgive me! By the way, your Jeep looks really sharp!

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU

Jeep 2019 2.jpg

Beofre Lift 33's.jpg

Very nice-simple but sharp-not overdone.

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
LOL!!! Curtis, I am so sorry! Yes, I remember. I’ve been hit in the head too many times, I think. Plus, I didn’t sleep last night. Please forgive me! By the way, your Jeep looks really sharp!
Sarge ,how are you getting along with having no power windows/locks? Getting ready to get either a 2dr or 4. I think it would be easier with a 2dr but not sure about the 4dr? Anyhow ive had 8 jeeps getting ready to sell my 2014 jku shortly. Thanks
Sponsored