Sponsored

Future JL owners - what mods / modifications do you foresee/planning (so far)?

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Terrible gas mileage in the city or hwy is still terrible gas mileage. I do not commute from the suburbs so although still terrible not the same effect.
Sounds like a perfect customer for the all electric jeep we've heard about...
Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
No one should judge you on want you want and how you want to build it, well maybe there are exceptions to that statement :surprised:, but do whatever trips your trigger.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Why would you want a vehicle with terrible gas mileage for a city car?
Why would you want a vehicle with terrible gas mileage for off-roading? There isn't a situation where bad gas mileage is desirable. It's just a matter of what you're willing to compromise on for the benefits or what you want.

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you planning on a lift, considering the base model is being designed to fit 35s, are you fixing to run 37s or just trying to add some height? I think on the JK the recommended lift add between 35s and 37s was only an inch (minimum 2.5" to minimum 3.5") (with additional backspacing on the wheels). I was thinking that since the JK is being designed to fit 35s that would save me some $$ since that's what I'm planning on running. However, that upgrade itch is pretty bad when it comes to a lift. That was one of the first mods I had planned for the JK I never got.

Other mods I'm considering for my JLRU:
Bumpers
Rock Sliders
Winch
Wheels / 35" tires
Spiderweb Shade
Lights (LED spots/floods and a small light bar up front)
Fender flare blinker relocation to the grill where God intended them to be (either modifying stock grill or buying aftermarket)
Fender light delete (either cuz it's designed to be done easily or brute force with power tools)
ARB compressor
Other random aesthetic mods to make it mine

Pete

Sponsored

cold gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler JKU on 41.5" Pitbull rockers. A few mods
If they have something akin to the JK Rubicon Recon package, with steel bumpers, stout sliders, and HD diff covers, or make those options available from the factory a la carte, then there isn't much left that I would add. Probably a 2" coil lift (hopefully they continue the 2" Mopar kit), 35s, custom wheels, winch. Probably some Currie control arms and steering linkages eventually. Maybe a cold air intake.
I agree 100%. As much as I used to love modding them when I was younger. Now I just would prefer to be able to go dealer installed as my Jeep is just a hunting / ice fishing thing to me. My time is spread over many things not just the one these days.

But that said what I love is that how everybody has a different need / want / design in mind already for their new next gen Jeep. So I am sure the one thing I have always loved about Jeeps is bound to carry on. People will customise them a thousand different ways to meet their needs / personality, and that's what a Jeep is about really isn't it?

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I plan on doing a 2 inch lift and leaving the rest of the mods to be aesthetic to make the Jeep stand out. Sting Gray 2 door JL with yellow painted tow hooks, yellow bumper inserts, and, if I get a Rubicon, possibly a yellow Rubicon sticker.

Inspired by this Destroyer Grey challenger

2F661758-B58A-4F7C-9F40-ECDBD81CE53C.jpeg

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a black Friday deal on a winch for my JL yesterday, then got another great deal on a 14" light bar for the front bumper. I may decide not to mount that, though. I've got to see if it messes up the looks of it. I do need the light, though, so hopefully the small light bar will look good. If not, we'll need a classified section on this forum.

Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
This will be my third Jeep and I learned several lessons during the first two that I think will make this build a bit better. I am waiting to see what the Scrambler is like but if thats shit I may get a JL instead. I would get a rubicon version with the diesel either way. I put 35's with only a 2" lift on my JKUR and was getting 15mpg so thats the reason for the diesel. As far as mods I would likely do the following:
-Aluminum bumpers front and rear
-Steel rock rails
-underbody skid plates
-CB
-Winch w/synthetic line
-aluminum fenders
-35 or 37 inch tires
-2-3" lift
-offroad exhaust that tucks up between the frame and dumps prior to the axle
-waffle maker

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
This will be my third Jeep and I learned several lessons during the first two that I think will make this build a bit better. I am waiting to see what the Scrambler is like but if thats shit I may get a JL instead. I would get a rubicon version with the diesel either way. I put 35's with only a 2" lift on my JKUR and was getting 15mpg so thats the reason for the diesel. As far as mods I would likely do the following:
-Steel rock rails
-underbody skid plates
-CB
-Winch w/synthetic line
-aluminum fenders
-35 or 37 inch tires
-2-3" lift
-waffle maker
+1 Waffle maker

Sponsored

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
-Steel rock rails
-underbody skid plates
-CB
-Winch w/synthetic line
-aluminum fenders
-35 or 37 inch tires
-2-3" lift
-waffle maker

All joking aside, that waffle maker sounds like a fantastic idea. Just told my wife and she looked at me and just said, "DOWN!"

In addition to the waffle maker, I will be getting a Warn winch, some rock sliders, and hook up my CB. I'm REALLY hoping that this next Rubicon comes tricked out enough for me to be comfortable keeping it stock until at least the 33" tires wear out.

Oh, and 2 round KC Lights on the A-pillar. I am really over the light bars...

Last edited:

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I like that the JL has 4 auxilary switches that are prewired and capped under the hood. This will make it easy to hook up my winch master cut off, on-board air and off-road lights.

My tires will be replaced immediately with 35s.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Half doors
An auto top like MyTop
Also wouldn't mind covering up some of the two dozen vents.
And... if no 6.4 V8, I'd get a Sprintex supercharger fitted. Ah heck... I'd supercharge the V8 too.
Sponsored