Sponsored

Future JL owners - what mods / modifications do you foresee/planning (so far)?

Joe Camel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Charger, Planning for JLU
Really love the Jeep Safari Concept like everyone else. So my mods are going to be modeled after the concept. If I get Sport model then I'll get hi-line fenders and turn signal relocation kit to the grille, lift kit, half doors, town hooks in body color or maybe different accent color.

This is :rock:

jeep-safari-concept-02.jpg
Sponsored

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
If anything Jeeps have remained more bare bones and easier to work on relative to all others by a far greater amount. It seems to me that Jeep has decided to just give people more of the comfort features at the top end. It will make it harder to work on, but if you're someone that likes to do so you would just get the base model anyway.

I hear what you're saying about all the extra sensors and electronics (especially the required ones like backup camera) but I don't think that means replacing things like stock bumpers is going away anytime soon. If you're referring to the LED strip on the fenders or parking sensors. It's not like the Wrangler never had some of the lighting/turn signals on the fenders before.

Most of the interior mods in past Jeeps have been less about adding electronic wizardry anyway and more about securing the inside from theft/ weather/offroad elements. One of the first things I'll look to add is a locker and weatherproofing since I ride without doors/roof most of the year.

I'm still waiting to see what the base model looks like and how much is left "on the table" to work on. If it comes with the option for prewired CB i'll for sure be checking that box.
I am curious to hear more about what you do from a waterproofing perspective. Could you, or others who do things to weatherproof your wranglers tell me what you do. I have sustained some pretty heavy damage to radios and my steering wheel due to rain, and would love to know a way to completely waterproof my seats, because I haven't found on any site I have looked at yet anything that truly waterproofs your seats. Thanks for sharing.

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
JLU
  • Ursa Minor popup-tent. They should have a JL model ready by late Q1 or early Q2
  • Remove rear seats, trim, carpet etc
  • Winch
  • Slide out stove and refrigerator
  • Dual battery (very curious about the heavy duty electrical option)
  • Stiffer springs to cary the weight
With luck I can use the steel bumper factory option. Also, can stick with the stock 33"s

jeep-camper-package-hp.png
Can't wait to see some of the overlanding JLU builds :clap:

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Now with the rain gutters running the full length of the roof it would be cool to see some JLs with different color tops vs the body. Like they do on defenders:

435-53876-H30-extralarge.jpg

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2005 Porsche 911 S
Okay I’m probably going to get roasted for this but what I am wanting is a city Jeep. So mods will be few. Loved my CJ 5 Anniversay Renegade back in the day but day to day life has changed since. I live right in the heart of a the city and that is where it will be driven 90% of the time.

So I will be looking for a full load Sahara. Mods will be wheels, city tires, tinting, power steps, and if I can figure out a way to have a body coloured matching rigid spare tire carrier with the absolute silly location of the new back up camera I will do that.

Something like this guy

3CFD4A7A-E711-4D09-ABC2-F6DDEB693D83.jpeg

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Okay I’m probably going to get roasted for this but what I am wanting is a city Jeep. So mods will be few. Loved my CJ 5 Anniversay Renegade back in the day but day to day life has changed since. I live right in the heart of a the city and that is where it will be driven 90% of the time.

So I will be looking for a full load Sahara. Mods will be wheels, city tires, tinting, power steps, and if I can figure out a way to have a body coloured matching rigid spare tire carrier with the absolute silly location of the new back up camera I will do that.

Something like this guy

Why would you want a vehicle with terrible gas mileage for a city car?

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would you want a vehicle with terrible gas mileage for a city car?
Terrible gas mileage in the city or hwy is still terrible gas mileage. I do not commute from the suburbs so although still terrible not the same effect.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Do whatever you want! That's kind of the point of the Wrangler! As long as the top comes off in the summer... :clap:

Sponsored

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
Do whatever you want! That's kind of the point of the Wrangler! As long as the top comes off in the summer... :clap:
Agreed. I've lived in a city with my JKU and think it's actually a great city vehicle for a few reasons. The top can pretty much always stay off (weather permitting) since you're hardly ever on highways or going at speeds where the wind and other elements makes it uncomfortable/impractical for yourself or others (if you have other passengers, kids). The Wrangler is also not a wide vehicle (except maybe the JL Rubicon now) and can easily go over curbs and other bumps which comes in handy for city driving/parking. The turning radius and MPG obviously leaves something to be desired tho. Another benefit - you never feel far from an adventure outside the city. :like:

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK

Something like this guy

As long as you keep the wheels 20" or smaller and keep the sidewall taller than, say, 2" tall, then go for it! haha. But seriously.... no rubber band tires please, it does make us all look bad.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

Something like this guy

Go for it :like: its your car/suv/vehicle so enjoy it however you please. Not everyone has to fit the same mold and the great thing about being an auto enthusiast is seeing vehicles built differently for different purposes.

Looking at you mod list it looks like you have a lot of Land Rover Defender / MB G-Wagon inspiration in there. The wheels on the JKU you posted are a Land Rover wheel. I wouldnt worry about the spare tire cover as I'm sure there will be back up camera relocation kits pretty quickly with people moving them to the bumper area.

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go for it :like: its your car/suv/vehicle so enjoy it however you please. Not everyone has to fit the same mold and the great thing about being an auto enthusiast is seeing vehicles built differently for different purposes.

Looking at you mod list it looks like you have a lot of Land Rover Defender / MB G-Wagon inspiration in there. The wheels on the JKU you posted are a Land Rover wheel. I wouldnt worry about the spare tire cover as I'm sure there will be back up camera relocation kits pretty quickly with people moving them to the bumper area.

Wow...just wow! What great support from everyone. Some forums are so filled with “purists” that you could easily get roasted. Look forward to being part of the “owners group” when I can place an order after the release.

Everyone is bang on with the comments. As silly as it sounds it seems like it will be a great city vehicle.

Very much thinking MB-G Wagon look....minus the price tag.

20” wheels will be the max. No rubber bands allowed!!

Happy Friday everyone! Cheers :beer:

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
Wow...just wow! What great support from everyone. Some forums are so filled with “purists” that you could easily get roasted. Look forward to being part of the “owners group” when I can place an order after the release.

Everyone is bang on with the comments. As silly as it sounds it seems like it will be a great city vehicle.

Very much thinking MB-G Wagon look....minus the price tag.

20” wheels will be the max. No rubber bands allowed!!

Happy Friday everyone! Cheers :beer:
Do what makes you happy! Reminds me of my biggest car mistake. I was going to buy a Miata, always wanted one. The the guys are work were like thats a girls car, it slow etc etc. I ended up getting a 370z instead. It was better in most technical respects, but I never enjoyed driving it and grew to hate it and sold it a year later.

10 years later, I finally got a Miata. Love it to death. My perfect car but I realized what an idiot I was listening to others rather than what I knew I wanted all along. Happy motoring!
Sponsored