Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Folks. See attached image.

Am I correct in assuming that the fuses in the “elevated slots” in the fuse box are spare fuses that can be used if another fuse blows? I have looked at the fuse box diagram and these “elevated slots” don’t seem to appear (unless I am an idiot, which may be the case any way). Spares? (Circled Little fuses and circled cartridge fuses in the back)

Also, these little fuses...... they have flat square ended blades. I bought a pack of fuses that have pointy ends. Any idea on the part numbers of these little guys? Cartridges too?

902A1FA3-DFCA-42C3-A722-00D19AFD6D69.jpeg
Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Folks. See attached image.

Am I correct in assuming that the fuses in the “elevated slots” in the fuse box are spare fuses that can be used if another fuse blows? I have looked at the fuse box diagram and these “elevated slots” don’t seem to appear (unless I am an idiot, which may be the case any way). Spares? (Circled Little fuses and circled cartridge fuses in the back)

Also, these little fuses...... they have flat square ended blades. I bought a pack of fuses that have pointy ends. Any idea on the part numbers of these little guys? Cartridges too?

902A1FA3-DFCA-42C3-A722-00D19AFD6D69.jpeg

After my radio gave up I did make sure all the fuses are well inserted and so pushed all of them in. I can see from the drawing on the lid which ones are spares.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
David:

Not a direct answer to your question but good stuff to know:

The fuses on the right side of the Power Distribution Center (PDC) you've shown in your picture, in other words the High amp fuses that are in a straight line, front to back of the rig....

..well as much as I hope you never blow one, if you do there's good and bad news.

The bad news is you have to replace all of these high order fuses, but the good news is you need not buy a whole new PDC to do so, just the fuses.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Yes, those are spares. Good thing, cause I couldn’t find reasonably priced replacements anywhere.
Sponsored