Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks for the help- I'll double check the connections behind the radio and the fuses in the wiring harness 2morr before I take it to the dealer that installed the wiring behind my radio
There was a thread on here where someone mentioned their aux switches not working after install. It turned out to be a fuse somewhere in the harness that needed to be replaced. If I can find the thread, I'll post back here.
Sponsored

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Jl- 2007 Sahara Jk
Thats exactly what we’re saying. Thats why I put pic of my JL Aux switch Fuse box that goes by the brake booster. That comes with the switch kit. Those are the fuses for it. If you had them installed from the factory you would then have them in the fuse box location.

You have to double check your pins behind the actual switch buttons. Mine were lose. That was my issue.
If the fuses are fine and you installed the Aux switches, I would double check to make sure all wires are seated properly in their new locations (both orange wire bypass connections and the wiring harness behind the switches... you should hear an audible click when they have been pushed in far enough).

If someone else installed it for you, I'd take it back and have them double check everything.
Thanks guys for yall help- after I couldn't get pin #13 out I took it to dealer and had them to finish my install for me-they finished and I didnt check the switches until I got home and saw they didnt light up then that's when I thought I needed the 4 relays 4 fuses in the fuse box that's why they didnt work so I ordered the 4 relays and 4fuses for the fuse box- then found out that I couldn't insert those in my fuse box because my fuse box didn't have the connectors for them. Then I read another post on forum that switches wouldnt light up if nothing was hooked to them so tried that and nothing- finally pulled the aux kit out panel to check plugs behind it, plugs were secure BUT then I looked at instructions and noticed that dealer had put wires in backwards - took it back to dealer and they put wires In correctly this time now switches are working - thanks for yall help on this I'm relieved now- this how dealer had the wires at 1st

Screenshot_20200414-190701_Gallery.jpg

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Awesome. Glad you got it worked out. I knew it had to be something with that switch plug in back. Glad its working. Did they charge you a second time?

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome. Glad you got it worked out. I knew it had to be something with that switch plug in back. Glad its working. Did they charge you a second time?
No they didnt - they wired it wrong not me :) they charged me about 2hrs labor to spice into pin#13 wire and install rest of kit for me. I had already ran wires under hood and thru firewall

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Thanks guys for yall help- after I couldn't get pin #13 out I took it to dealer and had them to finish my install for me-they finished and I didnt check the switches until I got home and saw they didnt light up then that's when I thought I needed the 4 relays 4 fuses in the fuse box that's why they didnt work so I ordered the 4 relays and 4fuses for the fuse box- then found out that I couldn't insert those in my fuse box because my fuse box didn't have the connectors for them. Then I read another post on forum that switches wouldnt light up if nothing was hooked to them so tried that and nothing- finally pulled the aux kit out panel to check plugs behind it, plugs were secure BUT then I looked at instructions and noticed that dealer had put wires in backwards - took it back to dealer and they put wires In correctly this time now switches are working - thanks for yall help on this I'm relieved now- this how dealer had the wires at 1st
Glad you got it sorted out.

Yeah, that orange wire was a PITA. Once you figure out how to remove that wire, it was easy. It took me a while to figure it out. When I did, I was like WTF... that was easy as I banged my head against the wall... repeatedly. All of the videos glossed over that part. I'm assuming they saw how easy it was since they knew how.

That last plug was the easiest part of the install. I'm surprised they didn't get it right.

Sponsored

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad you got it sorted out.

Yeah, that orange wire was a PITA. Once you figure out how to remove that wire, it was easy. It took me a while to figure it out. When I did, I was like WTF... that was easy as I banged my head against the wall... repeatedly. All of the videos glossed over that part. I'm assuming they saw how easy it was since they knew how.

That last plug was the easiest part of the install. I'm surprised they didn't get it right.
yeah didnt say anything about a special pin tool and how to unlock it- yeah I left the instruction sheet in my car guess they didnt look thru it:)

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
@drdriller

F50, 10 amp red in the PDC. If not that one it is F72.

In regard to Aux ....PDC has "HD ACCY" you will find relays 1, 2, 3, & 4, including K17, 18, 20 and 21.

Attached is a PDF with fuse info to include pics, of the interior of the PDC.
thanks
f50 and f72 indicate “HD Accessory....” but not #1-4, is f50 the ignition and f72 the battery wire included with stock auxillary switch wiring?
Sponsored