Fuse location of aux switch ignition power

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
any idea where fuse is for the factory ignition power lead that is located under passenger kick panel?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@drdriller

F50, 10 amp red in the PDC. If not that one it is F72.

In regard to Aux ....PDC has "HD ACCY" you will find relays 1, 2, 3, & 4, including K17, 18, 20 and 21.

Attached is a PDF with fuse info to include pics, of the interior of the PDC.

Attachments

GWM4Tennis

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
@drdriller

F50, 10 amp red in the PDC. If not that one it is F72.

In regard to Aux ....PDC has "HD ACCY" you will find relays 1, 2, 3, & 4, including K17, 18, 20 and 21.

Attached is a PDF with fuse info to include pics, of the interior of the PDC.
Can you tell me this? If there is no relays, K17,18, 20 & 21 in my fuse box could this be why there is no power getting to my AUX switches? I already put fuses F50 and F72 which someone mentioned were the fuses needed but if I have no relays that would not allow the switches to function as well, am I correct?

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Can you tell me this? If there is no relays, K17,18, 20 & 21 in my fuse box could this be why there is no power getting to my AUX switches? I already put fuses F50 and F72 which someone mentioned were the fuses needed but if I have no relays that would not allow the switches to function as well, am I correct?
Did you ever figure this out? I just installed the AUX switches and even hard wired the orange wire because I screwed up that PIN. I did the flash with my flash cal and I see the menu in radio for switches but they aren’t getting power lighting up.

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Jl- 2007 Sahara Jk
Did you ever figure this out? I just installed the AUX switches and even hard wired the orange wire because I screwed up that PIN. I did the flash with my flash cal and I see the menu in radio for switches but they aren’t getting power lighting up.
hello I did the exact same thing and my switches aren't lighting up - did you find out what you needed to do to get them to work-

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
hello I did the exact same thing and my switches aren't lighting up - did you find out what you needed to do to get them to work-
Yes. You know what it was? The actual Plug or PINS that go into the actual switch panel were not pushed all the way in. I had to push them in hard from behind the trim piece and then it worked.

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. You know what it was? The actual Plug or PINS that go into the actual switch panel were not pushed all the way in. I had to push them in hard from behind the trim piece and then it worked.
Ok thanks - but do you have those relays and fuses in your fuse box that are mentioned - I went bought the 4 relays and 4 fuses and went to put them in the slots for HD ACCY and my truck doesn't even have the fittings for them to latch into-

Screenshot_20200408-153907_Gallery.jpg

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks - but do you have those relays and fuses in your fuse box that are mentioned - I went bought the 4 relays and 4 fuses and went to put them in the slots for HD ACCY and my truck doesn't even have the fittings for them to latch into-

Screenshot_20200408-153907_Gallery.jpg
I didn’t have to mess with any of that. The aux switch panel should have the fuse block.

0D27D328-D20F-4B3B-8D39-1CE861101656.jpeg

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
If you have the factory option they should be there. If you or your dealer installed it afterwards, you only should have the fuses for the 4 aux switches and power from the oem that are outside the fuse box (no accessory or battery power lines with the non-factory installation inside the cabin.)

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn’t have to mess with any of that. The aux switch panel should have the fuse block.

yes I'm understanding that part of the aux fuse block and assume that it shouldn't have anything to do with my fuse box I'm trying figure out why mine aren't coming on - I hear clicking from the aux box when I take off ground wire so I know it's getting power. So wondering if some JL were already set up with those relays/fuses already installed in them and mine wasnt

Sponsored

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have the factory option they should be there. If you or your dealer installed it afterwards, you only should have the fuses for the 4 aux switches and power from the oem that are outside the fuse box (no accessory or battery power lines with the non-factory installation inside the cabin.)
so you saying I dont need the 4hd accy relays and 4 hd accy fuses installed inside the fuses box to have my switches to work. I'm hoping this is the case

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
so you saying I dont need the 4hd accy relays and 4 hd accy fuses installed inside the fuses box to have my switches to work. I'm hoping this is the case
Thats exactly what we’re saying. Thats why I put pic of my JL Aux switch Fuse box that goes by the brake booster. That comes with the switch kit. Those are the fuses for it. If you had them installed from the factory you would then have them in the fuse box location.

You have to double check your pins behind the actual switch buttons. Mine were lose. That was my issue.

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats exactly what we’re saying. Thats why I put pic of my JL Aux switch Fuse box that goes by the brake booster. That comes with the switch kit. Those are the fuses for it. If you had them installed from the factory you would then have them in the fuse box location.

You have to double check your pins behind the actual switch buttons. Mine were lose. That was my issue.
Ok thank you so much for explaining it like that- I'll have to recheck my connections then and hope it's just that-

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
If the fuses are fine and you installed the Aux switches, I would double check to make sure all wires are seated properly in their new locations (both orange wire bypass connections and the wiring harness behind the switches... you should hear an audible click when they have been pushed in far enough).

If someone else installed it for you, I'd take it back and have them double check everything.

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the fuses are fine and you installed the Aux switches, I would double check to make sure all wires are seated properly in their new locations (both orange wire bypass connections and the wiring harness behind the switches... you should hear an audible click when they have been pushed in far enough).

If someone else installed it for you, I'd take it back and have them double check everything.
Thanks for the help- I'll double check the connections behind the radio and the fuses in the wiring harness 2morr before I take it to the dealer that installed the wiring behind my radio
Sponsored