First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport
Occupation
Locksmith
This morning I installed mopars trailer light harness. Took roughly 3 hours to install. After completing the install I have no power to the 4 pin or 7 pin connectors checked fuse box and I didn’t have any micro 2 blade fuses in the trailer spots. After picking up some micro fuses I learned the fuse box doesn’t have the connector that a fuse clips to. How do I get power if the fuse box doesn’t have the connectors.
Sponsored

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
I installed the same harness last week and it's been working fine. You got me curious so I just went out and checked my fuse box. I also have no fuse connectors for those fuses (F36 and F37?)
I would check the in-line fuse on the power line you bolted to the fuse box. If that is good I would suspect you don't have one of the pins fully inserted on the power plug behind the right taillight or at the hitch plug or possibly in the wrong hole at the plug.

Took me a lot longer than three hours. I had a heck of a time getting that wire strung through the firewall.

Good Luck!

OP
OP
Black JL

Black JL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport
Occupation
Locksmith
Thanks Cliff I will recheck my work and let you know. Thank you, for the help.

OP
OP
Black JL

Black JL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport
Occupation
Locksmith
Update after getting off work I began looking closer at my work during the install. Everything was wired correctly. During further inspection I came across the slot for the in line fuse. However, my kit didn’t come with the fuse. After a little research I installed a 30 amp in the in line slot and all is well. Thanks again cliff.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I installed the same harness last week and it's been working fine. You got me curious so I just went out and checked my fuse box. I also have no fuse connectors for those fuses (F36 and F37?)
I would check the in-line fuse on the power line you bolted to the fuse box. If that is good I would suspect you don't have one of the pins fully inserted on the power plug behind the right taillight or at the hitch plug or possibly in the wrong hole at the plug.

Took me a lot longer than three hours. I had a heck of a time getting that wire strung through the firewall.

Good Luck!
When I did mine, Flat Four only, I heated an ice pick and pushed it through the plastic plug on the driver side, went through like butter. Then ran a fish wire through that hole, very quick and easy. Sealed with a little strip caulk when all done

Sponsored

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Update after getting off work I began looking closer at my work during the install. Everything was wired correctly. During further inspection I came across the slot for the in line fuse. However, my kit didn’t come with the fuse. After a little research I installed a 30 amp in the in line slot and all is well. Thanks again cliff.
You're welcome. Glad you got it figured out.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
When I did mine, Flat Four only, I heated an ice pick and pushed it through the plastic plug on the driver side, went through like butter. Then ran a fish wire through that hole, very quick and easy. Sealed with a little strip caulk when all done
Similar story...but one, if I'm to understand correctly, available to only automatic transmission owners(???)
Sponsored