Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Precisely why my wife has her own vehicle. She got what she desired rendering her opinion on my Jeep mute
Sadly that logic has fallen on deaf ears with my wife. If I ride the motorcycle to work she ditches her Honda and takes the Jeep. :LOL:
Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Wives that don't let their husbands buy a jeep turn into single women.
Men that listen to their unreasonable wives turn into grumpy aholes.

I can make my own decisions mom....happy wife happy life my asssssssss.
I called my wife from the dealer and said I am looking at jeeps, I will be home a bit late.
She demanded I come home NOW and if I come home with a jeep I am going to be living on the street.
Well, I got a jeep, and I am not living in the street, my wife likes the jeep but would never own one.
Sometimes you just gotta say...F U,,,I do what I want.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Wives that don't let their husbands buy a jeep turn into single women.
Men that listen to their unreasonable wives turn into grumpy aholes.

I can make my own decisions mom....happy wife happy life my asssssssss.
I called my wife from the dealer and said I am looking at jeeps, I will be home a bit late.
She demanded I come home NOW and if I come home with a jeep I am going to be living on the street.
Well, I got a jeep, and I am not living in the street, my wife likes the jeep but would never own one.
Sometimes you just gotta say...F U,,,I do what I want.
I would NEVER say FU to my sweet wife. I have become a pretty good marital negotiator with such things, and I respect her.

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda the opposite for me. I had a pretty awesome built FJ with long travel on 35s ect. My wife got a 2dr Jk sport to go wheeling with me. She followed my FJ everywhere offroad in her little 2dr sport on 33s .. when I needed to use my lockers, she just crawled right up behind me haha.. i was like wtf!?
Her JK sold me on getting a Wrangler for myself and selling my FJ.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
When it comes to Jeeps, my wife is a co-enabler. She says things, like "whats it take to run forties?" She encourages me to spend money on the Jeep and even suprised me by having 5.13 gears installed on the Jeep for Christmas. Bought me a winch for my birthday and We have been wheeling the last four weekends in a row. When we got home from camping and wheeling for four days in the U.P. of Michigan, we cleaned the camper and Jeep up. About an hour later, she was like take the top and doors off the Jeep so we can go for an evening ride. NOTE: We had already been in the Jeep for four hours on our return trip from upper Michigan to home. As we cruised in the Jeep, Metallica came on the radio and she turned it up full blast and just smiled from ear to ear as we cruised. This morning, she said, I need more time on the trail and around a campfire. 1 year 4 months and she will be retired with me....... Can't wait.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I also have a keeper.......33years now, and sheā€™s always been all in. Buys stuff for the Jeep all the time. Always asking what each mod is for , how does it work or, wanting to learn more and more. Weā€™re looking for her a fixer. It wonā€™t be cheap, her off-road company of choice is Poison Spyder and LOD .....:facepalm: She doesnā€™t like to get extreme off camber so the two must haves as of right now is wide axles and 40 s. God love her........:)

MeanPeachMojito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester, 2019 JLU Sport S
Ah hem! On behalf of wives... I was the one who talked the husband into getting our JLU. We needed something for heavy winters and his little Mazda wasnā€™t cutting it anymore. I had to drive it one day and I barely made it through a nasty storm, I immediately came into the house and yelled, ā€œWe are getting a GD Jeep!ā€ He didnā€™t want to spend more than $30k on a vehicle. He wanted something unique that did not look like every other suv on the road. I came from a Honda Element, which I begrudgingly replaced with a Subaru Forester. We had some sad events happen in a relatively short period and I said, ā€œWhy not spend a little more to have a little fun? We need something to look forward to.ā€ He agreed and off we went to the dealership. Now he thinks of ways to accessorize customize his ride and whenever we go out for errands Iā€™m in the driver seat. :LOL:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think my wife is quite sold on the idea of a jeep yet, but I know once the top comes down she'll love it. She can't drive a stick though, so that's part of the reason I'm ordering a 6 speed :like: When she falls in love with it she can't steal it!

My 3 year old on the other hand... everytime we're out: "A jeep daddy a jeep!"

Raising her right, she's very excited for it.
Very similar situation, my wife doesnā€™t drive manual transmissions, isnā€™t interested in learning and I love it that way. She has her own car and has a heavy foot. If Iā€™m in her car Iā€™m always asking her if itā€™s necessary to drive 40 mph between traffic lights.
I donā€™t want her driving my Jeep that I baby and spent 50k on, so itā€™s 6 speed MT for me. The only negative is if weā€™re out late and Iā€™m tired Iā€™ve gotta get the large coffee as opposed to a nice nap in the passenger seat.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Very similar situation, my wife doesnā€™t drive manual transmissions, isnā€™t interested in learning and I love it that way. She has her own car and has a heavy foot. If Iā€™m in her car Iā€™m always asking her if itā€™s necessary to drive 40 mph between traffic lights.
I donā€™t want her driving my Jeep that I baby and spent 50k on, so itā€™s 6 speed MT for me. The only negative is if weā€™re out late and Iā€™m tired Iā€™ve gotta get the large coffee as opposed to a nice nap in the passenger seat.
My Wife is special that way. Sheā€™s mentioned a few times lately that she misses rowing through gears. At one point years ago, she had a ā€˜69 VW Bug, no AC (in FL), and absolutely loved paddling through the gears.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I also have a keeper.......33years now, and sheā€™s always been all in. Buys stuff for the Jeep all the time. Always asking what each mod is for , how does it work or, wanting to learn more and more. Weā€™re looking for her a fixer. It wonā€™t be cheap, her off-road company of choice is Poison Spyder and LOD .....:facepalm: She doesnā€™t like to get extreme off camber so the two must haves as of right now is wide axles and 40 s. God love her........:)
30 years here ! We each have our own jeep. I fish, she gardens . She drinks ( a little ) I dont. ( anymore ) She hates the president , Im ok with him. I see her in the morning and at the end of the day. Our daughter claims she is well adjusted because she came from a great family. Im scratchin my head !;)

I need a f#c#n haircut !

Last edited:

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
30 years here ! We each have our own jeep. I fish, she gardens . She drinks ( a little ) I dont. ( anymore ) She hates the president , Im ok with him. I see her in the morning and at the end of the day. Our daughter claims she is well adjusted because she came from a great family. Im scratchin my head !;)
Milk man ?...................:giggle:

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I forgot to mention, 37 years of marital bliss here. We see eye to eye on most things, and the things we donā€™t, I use my marital negotiation skills ;)

double0762

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2020 JL Willy's
Occupation
Canyon Independent School District
Vehicle Showcase
My Wife is special that way. Sheā€™s mentioned a few times lately that she misses rowing through gears. At one point years ago, she had a ā€˜69 VW Bug, no AC (in FL), and absolutely loved paddling through the gears.
Like you my wife cannot drive stick and has no interest. I'd hate to try and have to teach her on this light clutch jeep has now. But with that said she does have a 2018 JLU which she absolutely loves. She was not too happy that my 2020 willys jl is the same color though. I was looking for stingray gray but found a Granite crystal metallic one on a lot in Conn. that looked great but even A greater price. So she kids me now that I got one like hers. She was not too happy at first I mean, hers is 4 doors and mine 2.

Somnium

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon - Sting Gray
Occupation
Systems Administrator - IT
After years of want, I finally got my JL; also after years of hearing "I just don't know why you NEED a Jeep so badly..." Now that I have it, all I hear now is "So... we should take the Jeep, because _____" fill in the blank with endless reasons to put more miles on the Jeep translates out to. *I love driving it... just not for the sake of driving to town. She said the other day "Maybe instead of getting the Audi Q5 I like/NEED, we should get a JT..." I said "Sure! but I'm keeping MY JL, no 'post purchase swaps." I think we're back to the Audi.

sdiver68

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 4XE, Tesla M3LR, Nissan Sentra
Occupation
Management Consultant/Small Business Owner
My wife gave me trouble because she loved my trade-in car, 2018 Mustang GT Vert. Today I catch her taking my Jeep on an errand not her car.

While walking the dog an hour ago, she had to admit I was right. Jeeps are fun! Just in a different way from the sports cars I generally buy.
Sponsored