Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Well...my wife strongly resisted me trading in the FJ for a Jeep Wrangler. She somewhat resisted the upgrades I have done. She says that she “doesn’t like my Jeep.”

Well. Now, she is shopping for her own Jeep! ;)
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

haha! they have to be right all the time. my Girl loves to drive the Jeep. Especially when the doors are off. the other day i took her coffee at the clinic and she was browsing Jeep gladiators.. Caught her Jeep handed LOL. its amazing how they change their minds and refuse to tell us! hopefully ill have mine paid off this time next year and we can look into getting a second JLU or JT

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
haha! they have to be right all the time. my Girl loves to drive the Jeep. Especially when the doors are off. the other day i took her coffee at the clinic and she was browsing Jeep gladiators.. Caught her Jeep handed LOL. its amazing how they change their minds and refuse to tell us! hopefully ill have mine paid off this time next year and we can look into getting a second JLU or JT
Awesome! We are going to pay off her 2019 Nissan cargo van - great for hauling farm feed and hay - but the damn thing is jinxed, and most likely will buy her a JLU. With less than 2K miles on it, a nice older man (older than me), came off the interstate, ran the red light, and smacked into it while I was driving it. Almost $9K in damage. My wife is 60, and it’s the first new vehicle she’s ever owned. Then, a few weeks ago, a huge dead branch fell out of a tree (we live in a Florida jungle), it hit her van and caused another $3k+ in damage. Time to get rid of it, when we get it back from the shop this time...

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Honest to gawd, if I won the lottery, I wouldn't go out and get a Ferrari, or a Corvette, or even another Jeep, I'd buy a largish cargo van. They are so convenient for carrying around bicycles, motorcycles, furniture...kidnapping little kids. Just kidding about the last one. But not kidding about buying a cargo van. That, honestly, is one of my lottery dreams.

But you must do what is in your power to keep the one you love happy. I didn't want to put side steps on my Jeep, it's not even lifted, but I know my 5-ft. Boo (she's really 5-ft 3-inches tall) appreciates them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Honest to gawd, if I won the lottery, I wouldn't go out and get a Ferrari, or a Corvette, or even another Jeep, I'd buy a largish cargo van. They are so convenient for carrying around bicycles, motorcycles, furniture...kidnapping little kids. Just kidding about the last one. But not kidding about buying a cargo van. That, honestly, is one of my lottery dreams.

But you must do what is in your power to keep the one you love happy. I didn't want to put side steps on my Jeep, it's not even lifted, but I know my 5-ft. Boo (she's really 5-ft 3-inches tall) appreciates them.
Yeah, the van is ultimately practical, but nothing special or sexy about it. When I am forced to drive it, I have to resist waving at Jeeps as they go by. But this damn thing is cursed, a magnet for being bashed. Here’s yer sign.

My wife actually asked for a step up into the Jeep, before it was lifted. She too is 5’1”. So of course I got rock sliders for a step ;)

Nohair989

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport
My wife went in a different direction after I picked up 'Kini. She always wanted a full size pickup. Started looking in ernest about a month ago and just snagged a leftover '19 Silverado 1500 Custom. And everyone knows the old adage "when the wife is happy...".
Jeep Wrangler JL Funny Wife Thing. 20200512_191432

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
convince her to get a gladiator.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
I don't think my wife is quite sold on the idea of a jeep yet, but I know once the top comes down she'll love it. She can't drive a stick though, so that's part of the reason I'm ordering a 6 speed :like: When she falls in love with it she can't steal it!

My 3 year old on the other hand... everytime we're out: "A jeep daddy a jeep!"

Raising her right, she's very excited for it.

Sponsored

Duck Dodgers

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 door
Double flip psychology.

Wife's vehicle - the grand kid van starts the unreliable $500 hundred hear $2000 there life cycle.
"I need a new vehicle. I want to get a Toyota or Honda."
We (she) test drives the Highlander, Pilot and Passport. I suggest the Cherokee. She hates it. But in passing,
"I miss your Jeep."
She decides on the Highlander. Trade in offer on the grand kid van is, well at least it would cover shipping and license. She's disappointed.
Dear, "I'll sell my truck so you can get a new Highlander."
A few weeks later the truck sold. A little savings cash withdrawn, Highlander free and clear.
"But, what will you drive?"
"I'll drive the van till I find something. I was thinking of a Jeep."
"Like your old one?"
"Yes."
"Don't get white, or yellow or red. Are you going to put ugly tires on it?"
"No, no swampers this time."
I ordered a StingGray on 3/17/2020. AND then the plant shut down. So.... it quite hasn't worked out yet.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I am lucky. my wife and I joined a local Jeep club. With in that Jeep club, there is a girls Jeep club. The girls get together, talk shit, meet for dinner and drinks, and even do all girl wheeling trips. I tell the wife, she can take the JLUR and she is like, that's your Jeep. I want something that I can beat on and not feel bad about. In all fairness she is hard on vehicles and the first time she wheeled my JLUR, she jumped it about 4ft off the ground and covered it in mud. So I was not opposed to getting her something she can BEAT on. We found this..

Jeep Wrangler JL Funny Wife Thing. 1590577828926

I drive it a lot so that the JLUR can sit in the garage with the top and doors off during the summer between wheeling trips and bad weather. She takes this and goes wheeling with the girls. I have steel bumpers ordered for it so that it has recovery points coming. She loves it and it was cheap.

The girls out wheeling......
Jeep Wrangler JL Funny Wife Thing. 1590578087389

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Buy her a used FJ.
I did suggest that, but she too recognizes its limitations for what she wants. There is a lot more cargo room in a JLU than an FJ, the FJ has huge blind spots, it’s not as peppy off the line, and gets worse gas mileage than a stock JLU with 2.0T - among other things. With that said, I still love FJs, and FJ40 TLCs even better. I had one years ago.
Sponsored