Funny dealer response when trying to get a matched deal

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Coons told me a $799 processing fee. Maybe its a Monday mark-up :) I'll have to take a look at Fair Oaks to see what they will do. Thx
Yeah, you have to be careful since that impacts how much you get under invoice. I double checked and mine was $699 at 6.51% under invoice (which came out to just over 5% under invoice once I included the processing fee). What percentage did they quote you under invoice?

I think Farrish also has some deals although I didn't end up going there.
Sponsored

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
I agree. If you buy a Wrangler at below MSRP around here you've really done something miraculous.

I keep seeing these dealers offering 5% or more below invoice, but I will believe it when I see the signed paperwork after the buyer leaves with the Jeep. Lots of dealers will tell you anything to get you in the door. That's the #1 rule of sales...get the customers' hands on the product and then they'll be hooked.
Chriswell and several others are doing the deals, I got 7% below invoice and no extended warranty or wheel locks or forced financing.
I had one dealer who called me 10 times and said I was just trying to beat him up and was never going to to buy a Jeep. Last time he called I told him I was in the Jeep. These dealers that won’t deal will soon be gone, the younger generation use the internet for everything.

madski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS, 19 C7Z06, 16 C300 4Matic
Yeah, you have to be careful since that impacts how much you get under invoice. I double checked and mine was $699 at 6.51% under invoice (which came out to just over 5% under invoice once I included the processing fee). What percentage did they quote you under invoice?

I think Farrish also has some deals although I didn't end up going there.
I ended up going through a local dealer who went to 6 under with a good money factor and had a JLU that was very close to what I wanted on the lot. The final numbers were actually better than Criswell. Criswell gives 8 off w/Tread Lightly but the money factor isn't very good and they pump up their fees.
Happy JLU owner now :)

20190416_191625_resized.jpg

RJE2

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Hella Yella
Just picked up the rubicon. Julius and Leon were excellent to deal with. Definitely worth the trip from MA to buy here.
Easiest car buying experience I ever had. Why aren’t all dealers like them.
Highly recommend them.

16650095-959D-45C2-A329-E686CB5C38BD.jpeg

Torn891

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Just sold. On the prowl for a 392
Just picked up the rubicon. Julius and Leon were excellent to deal with. Definitely worth the trip from MA to buy here.
Easiest car buying experience I ever had. Why aren’t all dealers like them.
Highly recommend them.

16650095-959D-45C2-A329-E686CB5C38BD.jpeg
Congrats!! I still dont understand how people searching for the rock bottom price arent finding it after 10 minutes on Google. I travel to DC for work, was paying Cash, dealt with Julius over email, put down a deposit and my jeep was ordered and came in in 9 days. 9 DAYS!.

Criswells processing was 300. Cheaper than anything I have ever seen in the northeast.

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Congrats!! I still dont understand how people searching for the rock bottom price arent finding it after 10 minutes on Google. I travel to DC for work, was paying Cash, dealt with Julius over email, put down a deposit and my jeep was ordered and came in in 9 days. 9 DAYS!.

Criswells processing was 300. Cheaper than anything I have ever seen in the northeast.
Agreed on all...except: processing in NY is capped at $75. But, apparently, max discount below invoice is capped at 5% (collusion?). So, win a few hundred on one end, lose a thousand on the other...
What's crazy is that there are people on this forum, on this thread, that still doubt the Maryland offers! What's it going to take?

ramfrndz

First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw
I'm all for supporting the local dealer but they pretty much laughed at me about buying a Wrangler below invoice.
I'm in MA and even went to one of the supposed lower cost dealers that were willing to deal and got frustrated with the run around.
I saw a post from Criswell Jeep in MD for 7% below invoice and another 1% for tread lightly. sent them an email and they got back to me the same day. I sent in my deposit for an order on 3/24 and my jeep should be there by this weekend.
I'll save thousands of dollars and get to take a mini vacation in DC with the family.
Overall a great deal.
I am from RI, planning to go to MD/VA to buy a jeep. Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Ram

RJE2

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Hella Yella

Thanks
Ram
Criswell Jeep in MD. Talk to Julius Green he treated me great. i just picked up my Rubicon this weekend.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

Thanks
Ram
If you want to wait for the 2020s, I'm working on a 7% group buy in Connecticut with the same dealer fees. PM me if you're interested.

Sponsored

domcalise

First Name
domenick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLR
I just got a little more than 8.5% off invoice.

MSRP was $51150, invoice was $48,266 I paid $43,989.

I was on a mission to find a killer deal in SoCal, and managed to land on the one above at AutoNation CDJR, they lost $2100 on it.

I did a lot of digging in the Los Angeles area trying to find a great deal on a Rubicon without having to go all the way out to Vegas. I located 18 almost identical JL Rubicons in a 50 mile radius started visiting dealers and working prices on them, each deal I was handed I brought somewhere else and asked if they would beat it. I finally got an insane deal, but the Jeep didn't start when I went to test drive, so I took that offer to a dozen other dealerships they all told me to pound sand, until I found a dealership with 3 sitting on their lot, they appeared desperate, going through construction and working out of trailers. I got them on a good day, I called spoke to the sales manager Paul, he said if I can swing by that night he would do better than match the price, I went there, he beat the offer, I picked up the jeep 2 days later. He told me he was hoping I never showed to pick up the car, because I got him to agree to it on a day they had no deals.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed a local dealer trying to get close to the 8.25% below invoice offer I received from one on the other side of the country and here is his response:

I looked over what you sent me and to be very blunt and honest, someone had to have made a mistake. There is no way to buy an Jeep for $4,400 below invoice, I think the person quoting the number took the 8.25% off the invoice instead of the MSRP. Usually being 4% below invoice is the max anyone is willing to go, so check with them and be sure they have not made a mistake because when they catch it at time of delivery it will surely cost you more then.

I get that lower volume dealers can't compete, but to be adamant that a mistake was made or that they're fudging something is BS. It's interesting (and frustrating) how out of touch some of these dealers are with their competition.
That’s asinine. Mine was discounted $8,000!!! And I have the proof!

That’s a 21% discount below MSRP.

I’m an expert at negotiating buying a vehicle ;)

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport
I'm with you, I could have gotten a bit better deal across the state, or go out of state and get a great deal, but I wanted to buy local for my convenience, and out of state I'd lose lemon law coverage. ;)
I saved $15k when I bought my 2006 Dodge Cummins out of State. However, doing so eliminates any Lemon Law coverage. Later I Lemon Law'd a different vehicle. Glad to have the protection. If the price is close enough I've learned to buy local to keep my Lemon Law ability.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase