Fun on Rowher Rd and Lookout Tr.

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
hey.. I may be able to join you as well.. but I will need some lat and long # to figure this out.. you guys are speaking greek to me on the trail names..

thanks for the help!

TC
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
hey.. I may be able to join you as well.. but I will need some lat and long # to figure this out.. you guys are speaking greek to me on the trail names..

thanks for the help!

TC
Here you go. Relatively simple, some challenges but would be great to meet up with you. That would make 4 of us!
Intersection of Sierra hey and Rush Cyn at 10am
34.499736,-118.381997
You have my cell if you'd like to make contact maybe Friday of next week. This is for Saturday 9-28, a week from tomorrow.
Vic

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
Here you go. Relatively simple, some challenges but would be great to meet up with you. That would make 4 of us!
Intersection of Sierra hey and Rush Cyn at 10am
34.499736,-118.381997
You have my cell if you'd like to make contact maybe Friday of next week. This is for Saturday 9-28, a week from tomorrow.
Vic
Thanks Vic… I have penciled it in.. pending popular vote (wife :) and family)...

Sponsored

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
.... Are we still on for this Saturday at 10 am for Rowher Rd @AlbertDimas2q, @Carnellz28,@TCogs1??
I am all set.. I am in Somis.. I still need to figure where to go.. but I will be coming from the 126 hwy.. my buddy told me it is near magic mountain.. I have not made time to look at a map yet..

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
Great run gents! Thanks a lot!...

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
How far up does Lookout go? Is there more beyond that 30 degree hill with step ups halfway up and near the top? I've done Rowher a ton of times now forward and back but haven't ventured up Lookout fully in my 2 door.

Definitely recommend Rowher in reverse too. I usually take it forwards from the OHV staging area all the way up through the summit and down towards the reservoir, then loop around at the giant cross and do the whole thing backwards. Spectacular mountain ridge descent especially at dusk.

:Edit: also, fingers crossed the Tick fire gets extinguished before it ventures up through Rowher (and everywhere else). It's awfully close to this area. Was gonna make a trip this weekend but am obviously wary of driving through the closure area.

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
How far up does Lookout go? Is there more beyond that 30 degree hill with step ups halfway up and near the top? I've done Rowher a ton of times now forward and back but haven't ventured up Lookout fully in my 2 door.

Definitely recommend Rowher in reverse too. I usually take it forwards from the OHV staging area all the way up through the summit and down towards the reservoir, then loop around at the giant cross and do the whole thing backwards. Spectacular mountain ridge descent especially at dusk.
Look out comes out at top just below the summit of Rowher before turning down hill to bouquet cyn

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Look out comes out at top just below the summit of Rowher before turning down hill to bouquet cyn
Ah damn! I'll have to try it next time. I turned around once I got on that hill because I was solo and felt the short wheelbase working against me on the first step. Had always assumed it was a dead end up there.
Sponsored