Sponsored

Fun Little Jeep Story...For the Old and the New Owners... Cherish it!

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
That is why I have a 97 TJ and a 2018 JLUR in my garage. The 97 I have owned since it was new. Best of both worlds!
Nice! I have a 2000 TJ and a 2018 JLUR. My daughter is inheriting the TJ, and has named it Pumpkin Spice with letters on the hood cowl. She is such a Jeep girl!
Sponsored

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
I see in the OP's signature that he left the forum on 8-31 and will not be back. I have no idea why he left, but in my opinion, he gets it. There should be 20 pages of similar stories, but there isn't.

Instead there are pages and pages of people's Rubicons that are "bouncy," or I have to "drive" my Jeep - I can't drink my latte and text, or "I get wet when I open the door and it's raining. These people haven't got a clue.

Dustin got it and for some reason he left. Enjoy your new Jeep Dustin, you are a "Jeeper!"

intheaspens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My '99 TJ was my dream car - I had wanted a Jeep since I was a kid and finally got one! This past summer it needed more repairs than it was worth and I traded it on an '18 JL. I love the JL - but I still miss the TJ. We had many good times in that car. I cried when we left it on the dealer's lot that day...

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I would not take any amount of money for my 04 LJ. He ain’t that pretty, but have a ton of great memories with it. Hopefully it will help keep my JL off the beach. Will use JL for extended road trips and more memories.

C7139DA4-02A2-449F-8DB6-6E285ED1D7F4.jpeg

63BDD254-8A8B-42EC-A94C-EBE9271E86D8.jpeg
Love the LJ models. If i were to build a real dedicated trail rig again (kids....), i’d probably start with a LJ.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Even after owning 27 of these darn things, love 'em!! Love stories like this one too, can never hear enough!

Go Jeep!!!

Sponsored

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
New to Jeep, got my first one finally at 61. Kid's are grown and it's my turn to have some fun. Still a virgin as it's only 2 weeks old , but boy do I love driving this thing. It reminds me of my younger day's in my V.W golf. (another cult of owners). Bright red and ready to go whenever I mash that go pedal down.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fun Little Jeep Story...For the Old and the New Owners... Cherish it! 20201129_155255a

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
Dustin, I absolutely loved reading that! There are so many similarities between your story and mine, from the family background, down to the model and year. After I sold mine and moved on, the feeling of remorse was overwhelming because, as you put it perfectly, "it needs you, and you need it." It became a part of me and helped me through some really tough times. I now own another Jeep which I absolutely love, and my wife now has her own as well. You captured the spirit perfectly for me and I really enjoyed reading this. Thanks and welcome back!

Flyn G

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2021 Subaru WRX
Occupation
DFJ Pilot
This may be an old post, but good ones are always relevant. My first Jeep was an LJ. My (our) new Jeep is a JL Rubi on order. Both my boys are into Jeep’s. My youngest has a magenta XJ beater with 227K on it. He loves it! I need to get a picture of it to post. The pictures here are of our best family vacation ever. 10 years ago to Colorado. We did Durango & Mesa Verde. I snuck in a couple of MTB rides there. Then we went to Ouray and did some Alpine Trail and Imogene. Imogene was my high point! Descending down into Telluride in a raging afternoon thunderstorm was just a little bit scary. Definitely memorable! The family high point was the second week at a Young Life camp as guests of a friend. Swimming, rope course, horseback riding, go carts, little boy heaven. I’d sneak out for a ride or two as time and energy would allow.

We are looking forward to retirement in a few years now. I’m hoping to take one or both boys with me to Moab this summer. First long trip out with the new Jeep. I can’t wait for the new memories!

7D397D1B-7932-4D2C-8398-CFB89C6E58B2.jpeg

8CBB1D4F-1607-4A84-AC1D-D9B03933480C.jpeg

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
Very nostalgic post. I miss my old TJ. These things were so easy to work on...you could pull out the entire dash in under 10 minutes and remove the carpet to spray it off when you are stuck in a Georgia swamp (Like I occasionally ran into)
Jeep Wrangler JL Fun Little Jeep Story...For the Old and the New Owners... Cherish it! EC496F54-D936-47B0-8E18-53632A0D226B

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Here's a pic of my first. Used it at the time to transport my son's new bed home. That was 20 years ago. I almost cried when I sold it to a friend. I've still got the front bumper in the attic.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fun Little Jeep Story...For the Old and the New Owners... Cherish it! IMG_20201213_0002

Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
Bought my first jeep back in the 80s. In 93 I bought a great 2 door Sahara 5 speed 4.0, soft top. I was going through a bad divorce and that jeep was my salvation. Drove it until 2000 when I bought another 2 door Sahara hard top. Another great jeep I drove for 11 years at which time I bought a JKU Sahara. Drove that one until the 2020 JLUR came to the house. My son has also had jeeps for years now and my brother drives a 1991 4 cylinder manual that he bought brand new and refuses to part with, it is still his daily driver. When friends talk of my family it's always the boys with the jeeps.
I have owned several other vehicles besides jeeps but I am in my jeep every day by choice, Jeeps are just like my favorite beer, I might try others but always go back to my favorite.

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
I know this is an old thread, but what a wonderful story shared by the OP! and the subsequent posts as well!
Love these kind of stories. 🙂

motastic

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S / 2 Door / 3-pedal gang
Always wanted a Jeep, but felt needed to be “practical”. Turned 50 recently and dream never left. Said f-it and went out and got one month ago. Smiling everyday! no regrets, just wish would have done sooner. Off to off-road class on Saturday. No plans for any major off road in future, maybe that is my age, but thought I’d put it through a little for fun. Loved your story jeepJL18!

Now just to get California Bay Area Jeeps to wave...
Same here. I’m 48 and Ive always gone the practical route. Especially the last 20 years. So, a couple weeks ago I got my first Jeep. Love it!
Sponsored