Fun Factor 2 door vs 4

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Just a shout out to those that have had experience in both the 2 door and 4 door Wranglers and their experiences with each.

I realize the pro's and cons of each body style while on the trail. But I havent heard about the fun factor of each style.

I currently have a 2 door TJ and it's just an absolute hoot to drive. Easy to maneuver, go fast in, just plain zippy to drive. I really want a new JL 4 door for the room but it really bothers me that I might loose the fun factor of the 2 door.

SO, how much (if any) of the fun factor is lost with a 4 door purchase?
4 door is like going to a minivan and you will never stop thinking about a 2 door if you get one.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
After building this I can take my girlfriend, dog, and a weeks worth of camping stuff easily in the 2 door. I definitely prefer it over the 4 door. My mom is living with me for a while and hauling more than 2 people is definitely hard tho. Thankfully my mom is small so she doesn't mind the back seat.

20200712_173405.jpg

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I have a Rubi-2 door and it is definitely more fun to drive! Another 'fun' advantage driving a 2-door is girls pretty much know you are single :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Fun Factor 2 door vs 4 IMG_1917

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I have a Rubi-2 door and it is definitely more fun to drive! Another 'fun' advantage driving a 2-door is girls pretty much know you are single :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Fun Factor 2 door vs 4 IMG_1917
Eh, married with three (teenaged) kids and drive the 2dr... even “The Family Guy” can have a toy, right?

2dr for the win.

Sponsored

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
My artist wife threw up a little in her mouth when I showed her a picture of a 4-door.

Love the 2-door. Rear seat was removed as soon as it came home from the dealer. No regrets going that direction (especially since I don’t have to clean up wife vomit), but some may need the extra space.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
If you take out the seats in the 2 door and like the space, who says you won’t enjoy doing the same thing in the four door?

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
4 door is like going to a minivan and you will never stop thinking about a 2 door if you get one.
I bought my first Jeep when I was in my 20s and I never considered a 2 door lol. My favorite kinda adventures are the ones I can take my friends with me!

Sponsored

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
4 doors are for the pickup truck... The best Jeeps only have 2:like:

OP
OP

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
lol! This is partly true. I ended up with a 4 door and LOVE it. Way more fun that my old TJ as far as power. The added room just makes it way more practical for what I will be doing with it.

BUT, the best part about a 2 door isnt what you can do with it off road, and my TJ was VERY well set up for it. It's what it does for you on road. Short trips around town, top down, and zippin made every mundane trip worth doing. I dont get that with my 4 door, maybe cause I have the hard top....dont think so though.

Watch the movie long hot summer with orson welles zippin around in his willy's and you get the idea how I feel when driving a 2 door around town.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
hold on a minute. everyone here that are saying get a 4 door to haul 2 or more people because 2 door will be tight. apparently you forgot that willys had no problem hauling 4 people with luggage. here's the proof.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fun Factor 2 door vs 4 1599410060741
Sponsored