Sponsored

Fumoto F106 M14-1.5 Drain Valve for the Wrangler JL

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I’m not worried about it opening, more it acting like a scythe and collecting grass right under/around the engine. Just another thing to catch on. Underbody protection sometimes is equally as bad at collecting grass and pressing it against hot engine/exhaust parts.

Most people will never have that as an issue, but when I drive up the ski hill in the fall it’s a concern that makes me always check underneath the vehicle now to ensure it’s clear before walking away to work on gear.

Not a design flaw or anything, just a consideration for my use-case.
It is usually covered and protected by a oil pan skid anyway, at least it was on my Tacoma, and I will be getting good skids for the Jeep too when they are available.
Sponsored

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
JCR skids will be available any day now.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I like to do my own oil changes so this will be nice to have.

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I like to do my own oil changes so this will be nice to have.
On eBAY today --- Buy for $28.88 which includes free shipping. You get the Fumoto F106S and the LC-10 locking clip.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Well, I'll stick with the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve. I know the Fumoto name and it's many year good track record.
I guess other's here can use what valve they desire. For sure having an oil change valve is a real plus.

Bob, you offer alternatives for the Fumoto but no specific part #'s in regard to fit for the JL..

Last edited:

AdHerp

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jk -> 2018 JL
Well, I'll stick with the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve. I know the Fumoto name and it's many year good track record.
I guess other's here can use what valve they desire. For sure having an oil change valve is a real plus.

Bob, you offer alternatives for the Fumoto but no specific part #'s in regard to fit for the JL..
Bob’s my grandpa ;D
Yeah, you’d have to cross reference other vehicles to find the right size and thread count for the drain plug. I’m still waiting on my JL (2 door), so I haven’t done that yet. I might try the Fumoto just because I haven’t used one of that style yet but thought I’d throw out the low profile choice for those concerned about hitting terrain.

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
To each his own. Adding a catastrophic failure point? Not for me.
The Fumoto Oil Valve.... it has been around for approx. 27 years. Used on engines in heavy equipment, logger's rigs, long haul trucks, fleet vehicles, aircraft, high end cars, Jeeps and on an on.. The valve has a top notch track record and you will find it extremely hard to find stories/ evidence of "catastrophic failure". Spare me.....

Sure like anything else, you have to take into consideration what you are installing it on. Sure if your Jeep is going to be sliding over boulders and you have no skid plates, well....

Anyway, the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve is a terrific adjunct. In my original post, I mentioned many positive reasons for installing one. Also, for sure the valve may not be a good idea for some and I mentioned that also.

I also mentioned that someone considering the valve do their Google research on the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve. Doing you own research, lots of it, as this will help you from taking to heart / listening to nonsensical posts positive or negative from the clueless regarding a specific product.

Indeed, to each his own!

Last edited:

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To each his own. Adding a catastrophic failure point? Not for me.
HOW WHEN YOU HAVE A OIL PAN TRANNY SKID EVERYONE INSTALLS?? WHATS CATASTROPHIC IS NOT HAVING PROPER SKID PLATED UNDER A JEEP!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then you are a mall crawler and do not need the valve! The valve is more for people who offroad like normal jeep owners! and put on skid plates, the valve allows you to drain your oil through a tube and not get it all over the top side of your skid plate. I know you do not off road so you have no idea about skid plates and their purposes!

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Then you are a mall crawler and do not need the valve! The valve is more for people who offroad like normal jeep owners! and put on skid plates, the valve allows you to drain your oil through a tube and not get it all over the top side of your skid plate. I know you do not off road so you have no idea about skid plates and their purposes!

Personally, I think the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve is also terrific add-on for the mall crawler also!

Fumoto has sold over 15 million Fumoto Oil Drain Valves!

Why install the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve:
  • Easier oil changes
  • Faster oil changes
  • No mechanical skills or tools needed to drain oil / no wrenching
  • No more issues with getting oil drain plug out
  • No more damaged threads on oil pan
  • No more lost or misplaced oil pan drain plug
  • Clean oil changes. Little mess, no fuss.
  • Virtually eliminates oil change driveway mess
  • No way to lose/misplace oil drain plug
  • Drain oil straight into a jug or into original 5qt oil container ... No splashing of oil
  • Aftermarket Skid Plate - No problem... you can attach drain hose to Fumoto Oil Valve with nipple
  • Fumoto Valve Lever can be secured in locked position
  • Great if you live in an apartment complex
  • You can easily pull an oil sample for analysis
  • No way, oil change guy at dealer/fast lube place can damage oil pan's drain hole threads
  • Fumoto Oil Change Valve is EASY to install. Minimal mechanical skills needed to install
  • Fumoto is recommended by many vehicle / heavy equipment manufacturers
  • Fumoto comes as standard equipment on many brands of heavy equipment
  • Fumoto F106S Oil Change Valve with Fumoto LC-10 Locking Clip- Retails for $29.00+-

Last edited:

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, I think the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve is a terrific add-on for the mall crawler also!

Fumoto has sold over 15 million Fumoto Oil Drain Valves!

Why install the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve:
  • Easier oil changes
  • Faster oil changes
  • No mechanical skills or tools needed to drain oil / no wrenching
  • No more issues with getting oil drain plug out
  • No more damaged threads on oil pan
  • No more lost or misplaced oil pan drain plug
  • Clean oil changes. Little mess, no fuss.
  • Virtually eliminates oil change driveway mess
  • No way to lose/misplace oil drain plug
  • Drain oil straight into a jug or into original 5qt oil container ... No splashing of oil
  • Aftermarket Skid Plate - No problem... you can attach drain hose to Fumoto Oil Valve with nipple
  • Fumoto Valve Lever can be secured in locked position
  • Great if you live in an apartment complex
  • You can easily pull an oil sample for analysis
  • No way, oil change guy at dealer/fast lube place can damage oil pan's drain hole threads
  • Fumoto Oil Change Valve is EASY to install. Minimal mechanical skills needed to install
  • Fumoto is recommended by many vehicle / heavy equipment manufacturers
  • Fumoto comes as standard equipment on many brands of heavy equipment
  • Fumoto F106S Oil Change Valve with Fumoto LC-10 Locking Clip- Retails for $29.00+-
In know I was being sarcastic since he was being so rude..

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ohhhhh

EROCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I love Fumoto valves! I have them on a couple of our vehicles and they sure come in handy. My f150 ecoboost has a ridiculous oil pan drain that spews oil like a fraternity pledge. They don’t make a valve for it but I wish they did.

With that said the oil change on a jl looks so easy as is , I won’t be purchasing one until getting an aftermarket skid plate. Being able to hose drain it out without removing skid plates would be amazing though so those items will definitely be purchased as a pair.
Sponsored

Last edited: