Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
My "$.02"

when you've got an oil catch container like this (like me):

oildrainpan.jpg

...convenient for taking and discarding old oil to places that accept it for recycling, using a plastic hose to fill this container makes things easier, and using *some* Fumoto's allows for hose hookup...

..so there's that...

I'm thinking the 106 series of the first post with letters after the "106" allows hoses but I'm not 100% certain.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...m14-1-5-drain-valve-for-the-wrangler-jl.4441/

I have one, but not on my JL...yet.

I said, "I've got free JL oil changes, I'll get this eventually," and then realized that I'll need a way to drain 'the extra quart they might put in at the dealer' and ordered one. : - )

~~~
Fumoto F106SX M14-1.5 Sx Series... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HP5V092?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

HOSE KIT FOR 3/8" ID NIPPLE... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JTEOQAC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Rahneld

My drug of choice so to speak in regard to the Fumoto Oil Drain valve is the F106S. It's $10 less then the F106SX.

The F106S (has no nipple) has a slightly smaller footprint and you can still attach a hose with the SH-10 adapter, so you can get the hose to your catch pan.

The SH-10 plastic socket that attaches to the F106S / to use with the hose costs little.... you can the hose for a couple of bucks at a hardware store.

Regardless of which Fumoto you get, I can assure you that you will like it.

SH-10
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_13?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=fumoto+sh-10+accessory&sprefix=sh-10,+fumoto,aps,170&crid=3GP0KKH2999CH

JeepFreak9911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I just ordered the F106SX. Waiting for it to come before I change oil for the first time. Going to be doing this myself as it seems so simple.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JeepFreak9911

Consider wrapping the threads of the Fumoto with yellow Teflon tape (not white) and then installing it..

You MUST use the provided blue washer that comes with the Fumoto.

For your information, the stock JL oil pan plug is washer less.

The Fumoto will probably come with one of their LC-10, locking clips which is plastic. It does do it's intended job but it does come off fairly easily.

Not mandatory, but suggest you go buy a 5/8" hose clamp and use that instead of the Fumoto plastic clip. The 5/8 metal hose clamp has to be installed with a plier and cannot be removed with your fingers... you must use a plier to remove.

clip.jpg

JeepFreak9911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
@JeepFreak9911

Consider wrapping the threads of the Fumoto with yellow Teflon tape (not white) and then installing it..

You MUST use the provided blue washer that comes with the Fumoto.

For your information, the stock JL oil pan plug is washer less.

The Fumoto will probably come with one of their LC-10, locking clips which is plastic. It does do it's intended job but it does come off fairly easily.

Not mandatory, but suggest you go buy a 5/8" hose clamp and use that instead of the Fumoto plastic clip. The 5/8 metal hose clamp has to be installed with a plier and cannot be removed with your fingers... you must use a plier to remove.

clip.jpg
Thanks for the tip.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put the F106SX on about 5.000 miles ago, and yesterday was the first time I got to use it. Just like every Fumoto I’ve ever used, it worked perfectly. Hose snapped on tightly, and 5qts very neatly drained into an empty Mobile-1 5qt container. While that was going on I changed the filter. The whole operation took 10 minutes, including putting my socket set away, and I didn’t get a drop of oil on me.

Great investment!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@OldGuyNewJeep

You know, I am a real fan of the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve. Yup, $ well spent as it make oil changes way way easier / faster.

I also have added this magnet to my JL's oil pan.

It's dimensions are 3.93"L x 1.45"W x 0.43"H. The magnet has a rubberized coating.

The magnet in this foot print, fits well on the bottom of the 3.6L oil pan.

I remove it, after motor is turned off, and just prior to dropping the oil. After oil is dropped, it goes back on the oil pan.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G82DLRC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Magnet.JPG

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@OldGuyNewJeep

You know, I am a real fan of the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve. Yup, $ well spent as it make oil changes way way easier / faster.

It's dimensions are 3.93"L x 1.45"W x 0.43"H. The magnet has a rubberized coating.

I remove it, after motor is turned off, and just prior to dropping the oil. After oil is dropped, it goes back on the oil pan.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G82DLRC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Magnet.JPG
Great idea! Ordered. Thanks!

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
@OldGuyNewJeep

Magnet.JPG
Why do you put a magnet on the oil pan?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
The Fumoto Oil Drain Valve is a terrific, affordable add-on that Wrangler JL/JLU owner's should consider installing!

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve to use on a 2018 Wrangler JL / JLU with 3.6L Pentastar engine:
*see caveat below

Fumoto F106S along side of Fumoto LC-10 Locking Clip

View attachment 16770

Recommend:
Fumoto F106S M14-1.5 Drain Valve
- short nipple
Fumoto F106 M14-1.5 Drain Valve - no nipple if you will not be hose draining
Fumoto F106SX M14-1.5 Drain Valve - Adjustable nipple

Why install the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve:
  • Easier oil changes
  • Faster oil changes
  • No mechanical skills or tools needed to drain oil / no wrenching
  • No more issues with getting oil drain plug out
  • No more damaged threads on oil pan
  • No more lost or misplaced oil pan drain plug
  • Clean oil changes. Little mess, no fuss.
  • Virtually eliminates oil change driveway mess
  • No way to lose/misplace oil drain plug
  • Drain oil straight into a jug or into original 5qt oil container ... No splashing of oil
  • Aftermarket Skid Plate - No problem... you can attach drain hose to Fumoto Oil Valve with nipple
  • Fumoto Valve Lever can be secured in locked position
  • Great if you live in an apartment complex
  • You can easily pull an oil sample for analysis
  • No way, oil change guy at dealer/fast lube place can damage oil pan's drain hole threads
  • Fumoto Oil Change Valve is EASY to install. Minimal mechanical skills needed to install
  • Fumoto is recommended by many vehicle / heavy equipment manufacturers
  • Fumoto comes as standard equipment on many brands of heavy equipment
  • Fumoto F106S Oil Change Valve with Fumoto LC-10 Locking Clip- Retails for $29.00+-

Installation of the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve:
  1. Please take care when dealing with hot oil and hot engine parts
  2. Use a rag to clean around your oil drain plug to remove any dirt and grime
  3. Remove your factory oil drain plug with 13mm socket and drain the oil into a suitable container
  4. Apply a thin film of oil to both sides of the blue gasket that came with the Fumoto
  5. Install your Fumoto valve and tighten until hand tight, making sure only the blue gasket is used
  6. Using wrench, tighten by a further 1/8 to 1/4 turn. Don't over tighten! Torque 20 Ft/lbs
  7. Open/close the valve a few times to check operation and to familiarize yourself with how it works
  8. Make sure your Fumoto valve is in the closed (locked) position.
  9. Place locking clip on Fumoto valve / this locks oil release lever in closed position
  10. Change oil filter. 24mm socket to remove cartridge cover; Tighten cartridge cover to 18 Ft/lbs
  11. Fill with 5 quarts of factory recommended grade & weight motor oil
  12. Go to installed Fumoto Oil Drain Valve and check for oil leaks
  13. Bag and label factory oil drain plug and place in storage

What to use to lock the Fumoto Oil Valve release lever:
  • Fumoto LC-10 locking clip
  • Zip Tie
  • 5/8" metal hose clamp
View attachment 16760

View attachment 16761

View attachment 16746

View attachment 16874
Caution!
View attachment 16875

IF you go with the F106S short nipple Fumoto Oil Change Valve, you will also need a
SH-10: Socket for the S-type Fumoto Valve. Cost is about $1.00 for this socket.

SH-10: Socket
View attachment 16903

View attachment 16906

*Caveat: Do, Google Search in regard to the Wrangler and the Fumoto Oil Change Valve. Many Wrangler owner's rant and rave positively about the valve while some others show concern that the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve could be damaged when rock climbing, etc.. Do research and decide if the Fumoto Oil Change Valve is for you.

Note: The author of this post has no financial interest in Fumoto, Inc. He is not in in any position to gain financially from sales of the Fumoto Oil Drain Valves.
View attachment 16769
I will add making sure the valve is closed is important. Bad news is I noticed the pressure light, didn’t need a hemi as a result.

oitp3

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 Door
Occupation
Gandy Dancer
A
Ya just can't beat that FUMOTO VALVE !

JIMBO
Couldn’t agree more. I’ve used them for years. Besides makes it much easier getting that extra quart of oil out!

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Installed mine today. I found it odd that it didn’t thread in as smoothly as I expected. It didn’t feel like it was cross threading but I had to give a little more effort then I thought I would. I started and backed out the threads several times to make sure it wasn’t cross threading. Anyone else experience this? I installed the F106s. Also, are the drain hole threads and valve threads on all of ours the same? Should all of our valves thread in and stop in the same position?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed mine today. I found it odd that it didn’t thread in as smoothly as I expected. It didn’t feel like it was cross threading but I had to give a little more effort then I thought I would. I started and backed out the threads several times to make sure it wasn’t cross threading. Anyone else experience this? I installed the F106s. Also, are the drain hole threads and valve threads on all of ours the same? Should all of our valves thread in and stop in the same position?
Mine threaded very smoothly.
Sponsored