FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
snipe:
I won’t be purchasing one until getting an aftermarket skid plate.
Rather then pair up the Fumoto install with the skid plate install, you might be wiser to pair up the Fumoto install with the oil change/any of your oil changes you do, prior to the skid plate install. Yes, the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve is a terrific adjunct.
Sponsored

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
How far does the regular valve protrude from the bottom? Anyone install it have pics?

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
How far does the regular valve protrude from the bottom? Anyone install it have pics?
Unclear exactly what you are looking for. Please explain..

I can tell you that the F106S when installed on the JL/JLU, will protrude out exactly one inch from the oil pan. If you are crawling rocks with your JLU/JL you would not want to have this valve unless you were also running a skid plate.

F106S installed
mmm.jpg

Last edited:

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Unclear exactly what you are looking for. Please explain..

I can tell you that the F106S when installed on the JL/JLU, will protrude out exactly one inch from the oil pan. If you are crawling rocks with your JLU/JL you would not want to have this valve unless you were also running a skid plate.

F106S installed
mmm.jpg
Yes, that does help. Thank you

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I've been using FUMOTO VALVES FOR over 15 years and I use the "EZ" FUMOTO on my Ram/Ranger/JKUR and I'll be getting the FUMOTO F106EZ for the JL-

It's a much more adjustable NIPPLE and can be adjusted for whatever the drain requirements--especially when the skid plate limits your "PLAY ROOM"

Whatever

JIMBO

Sponsored

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I've been using FUMOTO VALVES FOR over 15 years and I use the "EZ" FUMOTO on my Ram/Ranger/JKUR and I'll be getting the FUMOTO F106EZ for the JL-

It's a much more adjustable NIPPLE and can be adjusted for whatever the drain requirements--especially when the skid plate limits your "PLAY ROOM"

Whatever

JIMBO
Jimbo... I think you mean the F106SX: New Generation Valve with 14mm-1.5 Threads. That the adjustable flow Fumoto to use with the JL/JLU's 3.6L .. Yes, good choice if you have a skid plate. Yes, adjustable position in regard to flow..

F106SX

pp.JPG

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
Probably so, that's a new one, I've been using the EZ FUMOTO FOR MY 3.8L/5.7L/4.0L and you do really need the drain portion to be adjustable, because of skid plate restrictions-

It appears that, for the jeep 3.6l---the FUMOTO adj. valve is gonna be 'F316L" and either one is adjustable-

Good day

JIMBO

Last edited:
OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Probably so, that's a new one, I've been using the EZ FUMOTO FOR MY 3.8L/5.7L/4.0L and you do really need the drain portion to be adjustable, because of skid plate restrictions-

It appears that, for the jeep 3.6l---the FUMOTO adj. valve is gonna be 'F316L" and either one is adjustable-

Good day

JIMBO
@JIMBOX ... Both the older generation, F316L: FUMOTO VALVE W/90°L-NIPPLE M14-1.5 THREADS and the newer generation offering the F106SX are aok to use on the JLU/JL with the 3.6L. Both will give you the swivel you seek. Personally, I like the look/design of the newer generation offering. Seems beefier and maybe a little less footprint?

Whatever way you go, the Fumoto is a terrific adjunct!

F316L
ii.JPG

Last edited:

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
Absolutely KORRECT--and-

As much as I've protected my FUMOTO VALVES, off-road-I still keep the original pan drain plug in a"zip lock"--just in case the UNBELIEVEABLE breakage happens-

I've been safe for all these years so I'll knock on wood-

COOL

JIMBO

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Absolutely KORRECT--and-

As much as I've protected my FUMOTO VALVES, off-road-I still keep the original pan drain plug in a"zip lock"--just in case the UNBELIEVEABLE breakage happens-

I've been safe for all these years so I'll knock on wood-

COOL

JIMBO
Yes, I too keep my factory oil drain plug in a zip lock bag, stashed in the vehicle. I have used Fumoto's for many many years and never an issue.

Sponsored

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
got my valve just waiting for 1st oil change.. hopefully these manufacturers get there pans out soon.. jeez.

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
awesome

Magnus579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S JLU
I installed the Fumoto F106SX (the version that lets you adjust orientation) this weekend during the first oil change on my JLU Sport S. The wind was blowing 28mph and, even with a fill container, I made a mess on the driveway. I look forward to the next oil change and being able to use a tube to control the drain. Here is a photo after the install - I will likely need to change orientation/fitting once I get skid plates:

20180331_165011.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
@Magnus579 Thanks for taking the time to post here in regard to your Fumoto. The pic is especially appreciated!

Looks good! For those that view the pic above, do know that the white nylon fitting attached to the valve body, is not on there all the time. You only connect the nylon fitting (presses on) when you go to change the oil. That nylon fitting is what you hook your drain hose to.

Magnus579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S JLU
@Magnus579 Thanks for taking the time to post here in regard to your Fumoto. The pic is especially appreciated!

Looks good! For those that view the pic above, do know that the white nylon fitting attached to the valve body, is not on there all the time. You only connect the nylon fitting (presses on) when you go to change the oil. That nylon fitting is what you hook your drain hose to.
I was wondering about that (leaving it on at all times)...the theory was that if I attach/remove it every oil change, it may loosen against the fitting...does it hurt to leave it attached (short of the chance it could get caught/break)?
Sponsored