Sponsored

Fully loaded Rubicons, list the advantages.(other than the obvious of course)

LARSONEM

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
There’s a lot of Rubicon’s out there that don’t get used anywhere near their full potential. No doubt mine is one of them. We wheel a lot of State Forest land here in Michigan; two track, seasonal road, ORV routes, deep sand and some occasional mud. I shy away from mud and water; too many unknowns and I don’t see the fun in wading through mud and water to hook up recovery equipment. With that said, I’ve got a pretty loaded 2022 Rubicon Unlimited; XR package, steel bumpers, LED’s, 3.6L with automatic transmission, trailer hitch, cold weather package, heavy duty rock sliders, gorilla glass, premium soft top. I passed on the leather seats I wanted; cost was one consideration, the others were the possibility of hot seats in the summer as I run with the top down a lot and wondering what the UV rays would do to the seats long term. For me the amount of standard equipment on the Rubicon made sense. Another was the heavier axles and bigger gear ratios in the Rubicon and XR package better standing up to large tires and off road usage. The XR package is a very cost effective way to bigger tires and a lift while retaining factory warranty and keeping the Jeep stock. I spent far more adding a lift, tires and other equipment to my 2012 Rubicon to bring that Jeep in line with the equipment the JL Rubicon came stock out of the factory with. Bottom like; it’s a cool Jeep.
Sponsored

AMT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
I wish I had gotten the steel bumper. Didn't realize it comes with stiffer springs so you don't get sag when adding a winch. I knew I would replace it so I went plastic.
This is true, but for the price of the steel bumper group add-on you can get a really nice aftermarket suspension setup.

Birdcatcher

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD > BMW X5, Toy > JLUR 392
Time is money. I just saved time and asked the sales rep to include all options.
If Jeep makes it, get it.
Sorry, he left out half doors and duel top, I got the SOT.
Would’ve got those if Jeep came up with a plan to change them out for you and store them when you’re not using them. I just don’t like extra clutter in my garage.
Will I use lockers or any of the shit, very unlikely! But the 392 brings a smile on my face when I start it up every other month or so (Don’t use it much).
Cheers!

Birdcatcher

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD > BMW X5, Toy > JLUR 392
Also, I don’t like empty blank slots in the dash, empty space under the hood, just for that reason, I generally get all options and the biggest engine. Wish Jeep made a V 12 or a W 16 and a bigger gas tank!

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Except, that isn't a part of a Rubicon advantage. Those are options.

I have none of those. The only "options" on mine is black paint, and the mirror kit. The doors are still off right now (drain plugs were handy when it sat in the rain for a few days).
The thread title does specify "fully loaded" Rubicons, so...

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
Having a Jeep that can run 37's with minimal mods, and be the shiny "new" Jeep on the trail who casually walks everything on the tough trails (No winches, no straps, just keeps going), while watching other, older, more built Jeeps struggle. Then being able to clean up, pack up, and take my family on a road trip to the ocean for a week.
Some of that is experience with seat time, and research with set up.... but as I've said before, 37's and this Jeep is like cheating to me compared to my old TJ's.
Are you still on stock suspension with the 37s?

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Are you still on stock suspension with the 37s?
Nope. Swapped out for a Rock Krawler 2.5” Adventure Series kit w/ shocks. Improved the handling and ride over stock, in my opinion- feels more stable and responsive. Stock suspension was nice but once I made the switch I realized how twitchy is is by comparison.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
Nope. Swapped out for a Rock Krawler 2.5” Adventure Series kit w/ shocks. Improved the handling and ride over stock, in my opinion- feels more stable and responsive. Stock suspension was nice but once I made the switch I realized how twitchy is is by comparison.
Great to know! that Rock Krawler kit is definitely one of my top choices.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
When you run the Rubicon Trail with your non-Rubicon owning buddies and use the cabin air filter, insulated hard top, aux switches, big screen for the forward looking camera, and factory fitted mud-catching floor mats, and they see what they are missing.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Same exact experiences with my JLUR, both in stock form and after the 3.5", now 4.5", Metalcloak Gamechanger. Found everything to be just dandy when it was fresh out of the factory, but after beefing up the steering and suspension systems, it made stock feeling like a sloppy pig in comparison.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
One disadvantage of "fully loaded" is that if your Jeep is ever totaled and the person that hit you is insured by Geico, prepare to get screwed by the value of the dealer upgrades:

Auto transmission package cost me $2,500, Gecico valued it at $500
LED light package cost me $1,465, Geico valued it at $75
Leather seat package cost me $1,625, Geico valued it at $400
Safety group cost me $995, Geico valued it at $200
Tow package cost me $845, Geico valued it at $100
Steel bumper package cost me $1,745, Geico valued it at $0
Hardtop package cost me $1,545, Geico valued it at $500
etc. etc.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fully loaded Rubicons, list the advantages.(other than the obvious of course) 1668640870129
Sponsored