Full MSRP on new orders?

MannyJeep

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline
I have never paid MSRP on any new car purchase.
If I order new Jeep from factory, Am I expected to pay full MSRP for it?
Thank you all in advanced for your valuable advise.
Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You need to negotiate the price you want to pay for the new Jeep before the order is placed/finalized, and when it is, make sure to get the price in writing.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
I have never paid MSRP on any new car purchase.
If I order new Jeep from factory, Am I expected to pay full MSRP for it?
Thank you all in advanced for your valuable advise.
Normally you should negotiate on factory orders. I did back in July 2019 for a 2020 JLUR. Build came to $58k before taxes and fees for my JLUR. We proposed $52k and settled at $54k. Key for me was to throw a target at the dealer that is reasonable and won’t piss him off. A 10% reduction I thought was reasonable to ask as 5 to 7% was the norm back then. Had I proposed something ridiculous like under $50k, the guy would have mentally shut me off already.

But these days due to shortages with new vehicle deliveries, I do not know how negotiable a dealer will be. They know if it doesnt work with you, they will find someone else as demand for new vehicles is so high right now but supply is very limited due to the Semiconductor Chip Shortage.

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Normally you should negotiate on factory orders. I did back in July 2019 for a 2020 JLUR. Build came to $58k before taxes and fees for my JLUR. We proposed $52k and settled at $54k. Key for me was to throw a target at the dealer that is reasonable and won’t piss him off. A 10% reduction I thought was reasonable to ask as 5 to 7% was the norm back then. Had I proposed something ridiculous like under $50k, the guy would have mentally shut me off already.

But these days due to shortages with new vehicle deliveries, I do not know how negotiable a dealer will be. They know if it doesnt work with you, they will find someone else as demand for new vehicles is so high right now but supply is very limited due to the Semiconductor Chip Shortage.
Just completed and purchased fully custom order new 2021 JLURD. Very easy with no hassle one of the best least expensive way to buy your Wrangler. Will be the only way I buy my Wranglers in the future. Join the Tread Lightly Foundation buy into the hundred dollar membership and get no hassle 1% BELOW invoice. I wish I would have known about this 3 Wranglers ago. Every Jeep dealership has to honor this program. We all like something a little different as far as the options on the Wranglers why settled for what the dealer speced out, or has sitting on his lot just build your own and get 1% below invoice. Or if you're impatient take what he has you still get the 1% below invoice. "Important" Waiting period (1 month) after joining the Club.

Sponsored

mudog

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hopefully a 3.0 jl
I just picked mine up last month JLURD 4 percent of invoice. Also, it was custom ordered.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Also depends on your area. As in the past more rural locations tend to be easier to get the best deals. Lots of speculation but probably the big city dealerships have more walk in buyers so better turnover and not the same desire to negotiate.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
No you should not pay MSRP if ordering or buying off the lot. Koons, a high volume dealer in MD was offering up to 8% off invoice. Per the thread below they were 3% below invoice as of last month. Definitely need to check around. High volume dealers can offer great deals if they want as they sell enough they don't have to make a killing on every sale. Again there are others besides Koons too. Have to do some searching if you really want to find a deal.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...voice-on-a-jlu-rubicon-is-a-great-deal.72510/

MatthewAMEL

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '23 CT5 Blackwing, '18 Accord Touring
We bought ours off the lot for $5k off sticker. Not great, but considering we have been looking for months across three states, we'll take it.

Sponsored

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
Not wanting to travel too far, I was able to get 3% below invoice for mine locally, I was happy with it. This was after speaking with probably 8 different dealerships. Koons was able to offer 7% when I was looking, but I just couldn't make the journey.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Vroom offered me $37.5k for my 18 sport s ... basically what I paid for it. I thought, if I can get 10% off Msrp again, i’ll grab a 4xe ... everything on the lot are close to Msrp and they are selling.
(Chicago area)

stew7710

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
The Criswell in Gaithersburg, MD where I have purchased two new Wranglers told me this week its $3k over MSRP on the lot and MSRP for orders due to inventory shortages. Other dealers I have contacted are at MSRP - some have a $500 discount. Having paid 9% under invoice last year for my Willy's paying MSRP is a tough pill to swallow.

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Not sure if I caught a flier but I feel did really good. 10.2 % under msrp on jlur order. Ordered on 5/20 and it’s off the rail car waiting for carrier transport. After reading some of the wait times EXTREMELY pleased!
Kicker is bought it from a small dealer in central MO.

Just an FYI
Sponsored