Sponsored

Full kit vs Mopar, what’s the advantage?

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
what shocks do you recommend pairing with this kit since it may be geared primarily for on road use with a bit of off-roading here and there ?
The Fox 2.0 shocks work great with our kit and springs, and aren't terribly expensive either. This is the shock option that most of our customers go with and we always get great feedback on the combo. The shocks are sort of in the middle on the soft to stiff spectrum, and usually if customers say they're looking for a little bit of a stiffer ride or a little bit more performance we recommend something like the Falcon 3.3 shocks. Hope this helps!
Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
For a middle ground perspective, I went with the key components of the Mopar lift - shocks (which are very nice), springs, front control arms and sway bar links. That makes the lift look like a vanila Mopar lift to the dealer for warranty dispute avoidance "it just has a Mopar 2" lift".

* But * I supplemented it with:

- ICON Front/Rear adjustable track bars, to perfectly center the axles.
- Teraflex bump stops - which are easier to install than the Mopar and let you ad bump in 1/2" increments.
- Alloy USA front spring perches to prevent bowing of springs, plus F/R 3/4" coil spacers to give me the exact amount (given the extra weight I carry) of lift that I wanted (you can choose 0, 0.5, 0.75, etc).

All in all I ended up with a perfectly level F-R/L-R Jeep, at the exact hight I wanted with great Caster and drivability in a 100% maintenance free setup that fits wheels that tuck in under the fenders. All that with no need for an alignment or any pro shop involvement.

If you go to something like Rock Krawler (very popular here), note that you need to use wheels that stick out more, that you need to maintain/lube your arms and joints every few months, need to insure all those jam nuts stay tight, *AND* you really need to find a shop that can align all those adjustable arms correctly. Adjustability is a double edge sword.

Last edited:

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Never had a mopar lift but I've had RK 2.5 and the teraflex ct2 on a 2 door. I really like both kits. The crawler joints rock krawler uses have an awesome amount of flex and their springs were great paired with their rrd shocks. The whole kit was setup really well.

With my jl I wanted something with low maintenance adjustable control arms and wanted to try the falcon 3.3 shocks so landed on the teraflex ct2 and I've been very happy with that setup. It's not as flexy as my rk setup was on my jk but that was my tradeoff. I usually go for lifts with all 8 adjustable arms

Never had clayton but know people with it and they're very happy with it.

Whatever you do the mopar imo falls short. It really still needs extra components and the shocks from what I hear could be longer.
Sponsored