Sponsored

M1kefries

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have questions for you. Did you remove the rear bumper or install them in 30 minutes with it still attached? Did you wire them to the reverse lights on each side, or to the wire to the trailer wiring?
I took the 30 minutes today, not removing the bumper to get the screws out. That was the biggest pita, but patience and perseverance got the job done. I just used double sided gorilla tape on the install to ensure they weren’t going anywhere instead of trying to get those screws back in. Wiring went to the trailer harness since I already had a weather pac connector for my last back up light iteration. On the upside I now have my receiver hitch back.
Sponsored

ShannonC

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I JLU
I installed mine last night. I was able to remove the reflectors but I wasn’t able to contort my hands to put the lights in. After 30 minutes of trying I decided to remove the bumper. 10-15 minutes and 10 16mm bolts later the bumper was off. 2 minutes later I got the lights bolted in and the bumper reinstalled in another 15-20 minutes. The lights work great a definite improvement. I wired mine directly to the reverse lights but will probably add a diode in the future so I can hook them to my auxiliary switches.
Knowing what I know now I would plan to go in planning to remove the bumper and it would have saved me time.
Jeep Wrangler JL [FULL] GROUPBUY: ORACLE Lighting Rear Bumper LED Reverse Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL D86ADD91-62F6-4EE3-93BA-C4BB4D7B61DE
Jeep Wrangler JL [FULL] GROUPBUY: ORACLE Lighting Rear Bumper LED Reverse Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL 652E6009-C17C-4017-B217-2E26F6F66545

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine last night. I was able to remove the reflectors but I wasn’t able to contort my hands to put the lights in. After 30 minutes of trying I decided to remove the bumper. 10-15 minutes and 10 16mm bolts later the bumper was off. 2 minutes later I got the lights bolted in and the bumper reinstalled in another 15-20 minutes. The lights work great a definite improvement. I wired mine directly to the reverse lights but will probably add a diode in the future so I can hook them to my auxiliary switches.
Knowing what I know now I would plan to go in planning to remove the bumper and it would have saved me time.
Jeep Wrangler JL [FULL] GROUPBUY: ORACLE Lighting Rear Bumper LED Reverse Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL 652E6009-C17C-4017-B217-2E26F6F66545
Thinking of hooking mine up to one of the Aux switches why would you need to add the diode? It would not be feeding back into any thing that I am awear of!

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Sahara Wrangler
I have questions for you. Did you remove the rear bumper or install them in 30 minutes with it still attached? Did you wire them to the reverse lights on each side, or to the wire to the trailer wiring?
No I didn't remove the bumper, probably would have made life easier if I did. I did wire them to the reverse lights on both sides, which was pretty easy

ShannonC

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I JLU
Thinking of hooking mine up to one of the Aux switches why would you need to add the diode? It would not be feeding back into any thing that I am awear of!
If you only go directly to the auxiliary switch you will not need a diode. I wired these diectly to the reverse lights, since I want them to come on automatically when the jeep is placed in reverse. I will need to add a diode or possibly two (still researching that) to have the ability to turn them off and on manually for lighting behind the jeep. If you don’t use a diode(s) in my scenario it can cause can bus issue or possibly set codes. Hope that explanation makes it clear.

Sponsored

ShannonC

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I JLU
I took the 30 minutes today, not removing the bumper to get the screws out. That was the biggest pita, but patience and perseverance got the job done. I just used double sided gorilla tape on the install to ensure they weren’t going anywhere instead of trying to get those screws back in. Wiring went to the trailer harness since I already had a weather pac connector for my last back up light iteration. On the upside I now have my receiver hitch back.
I apparently don’t have your patience! 😂

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Has anyone stood behind these when they are on and seen if they are blinding to other people or if they point more at the ground? I don't want them blinding people as I back out of a parking space.

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone stood behind these when they are on and seen if they are blinding to other people or if they point more at the ground? I don't want them blinding people as I back out of a parking space.
This is one of the reason I want to hook them up so I can turn them off and on as needed.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Sahara Wrangler
I did, and unless your Jeep is ultra lifted or the person behind you is super low it shouldn't be a direct shot to the eye. No denying they are bright, but I don't feel like it will be a common occurance to blind someone.

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I'm considering purchasing these but I do see a few circumstances where I might not want to use the extra lighting, particularly going into/out of campsites at night, however outside of those circumstances I think it would be nice to have them come on with the reverse lights.

So my question is could you run two supply lines from a three position switch (or using 2 switches...) in the cab to the lights through a diode with a relay connected to one of the lines. I'm thinking the relay would be used to turn on the Oracle lights when the reverse lights go on.

My thought is that this would allow through the use of a 3 position switch the option of having the lights on when you want, completely off and automatic (through the relay).

Hopefully what I'm saying makes sense. Any thoughts or better ideas?

Sponsored

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Thanks for the answers. Sounds like the aux switch may be the way to go. I already have an aftermarket LED light in the upper, middle of the spare tire so that works most of the time but I think when I'm off road I may want more light if I'm backing down a trail. decisions decisions

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Great advice to remove the bumper, I'll likely go this route. Do you have any pics of the light through behind the Jeep?

ShannonC

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I JLU
Great advice to remove the bumper, I'll likely go this route. Do you have any pics of the light through behind the Jeep?
Sorry, I didn't take any photos of the backup screen but it's a definite difference. They aim straight back so you see what is behind you, they don't just illuminate the ground. I had someone else suggest just removing the reflector lens with a drill and then using goop adhesive vs. using the retaining bolt. I will see if I can find that link and post it here.

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
If ORACLE is still looking at these posts I'd like to hear there option on the drivers side light being way to tight on installing it into the bumper.
Sponsored