Sponsored

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
Interesting...another review that comments on the delay of power delivery. The video mentioned that a huge amount of power hit at around 42mph. Yet I have seen the 0-60 times in the other videos that show the Jeep leaping off the block with power. Just makes me wonder again if percentage of charge is probably making adjustments in power delivery possible.
Thanks for posting this one..would be great to see some more reviews from official videographers.

bikenski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe on order
Is 4WD unavailable or highly restricted when running in electric only mode?

When accelerating through the mud at around 10:10 in the video, the rears are spinning like crazy, and it doesn't look like much power at all is going to the front.

He claims that he had it in 4 HIGH PART TIME and 4 HIGH AUTO (not sure which one he was in for that particular pull) but it sure looked more like 2 HIGH behavior.

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Is 4WD unavailable or highly restricted when running in electric only mode?

When accelerating through the mud at around 10:10 in the video, the rears are spinning like crazy, and it doesn't look like much power at all is going to the front.

He claims that he had it in 4 HIGH PART TIME and 4 HIGH AUTO (not sure which one he was in for that particular pull) but it sure looked more like 2 HIGH behavior.
That had to be in 2wd. Looks like they were trying to throw mud for fun.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
I thought the other reviews posted on Youtube (Raiti's Rides, Redline Review, Alex on Autos, etc) were way better than this one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CaliforniaWheelin'

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
I thought the other reviews posted on Youtube (Raiti's Rides, Redline Review, Alex on Autos, etc) were way better than this one.
I agree. This was just the first one I saw and got excited. Lol. Looks like the floodgates opened for reviews.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
awesome review!!! Having it in 4auto and no traction control seems to be the key!
Am I wrong? I seem to always think that Sofyan gets technical information wrong. He's good on camera, produces a much better product than I ever could ever hope to, I just wish he'd learn the technical details better before making the mistakes on camera. And it's always stupid stuff, like in this one talking about the MGU but motioning to and showing the air conditioner. I'd also say that to completely not talk about how it's now an electric compressor is a big miss, that's a major change and big quality of life improvement for the owners owners of the 4xe.

But big thing I saw in the offroad portion of this video is that roll back the straight pipes were talking about. It looks to be very difficult to smoothly manage the throttle on the rocks with the Jeep wanting to roll back quite easily. Not a big deal for those of us who do two footed driving offroad, but to those new to offroad (like Sofyan) I would think that roll back will be disconcerting. I am surprised that a vehicle like the 4xe does not do the two footed driving for you.

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
Agree an electric compressor is a game changer. Having the AC or heat turn off whenever the engine decided to “start-stop” with ESS if a real detractor. Seems like most. reviews state similar content so Jeep probably provided a press kit.

i liked the impromptu racing at the lights in different modes.
Sponsored