RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Is there really anyone here who doesn't know the inherent foolishness involved in financing expensive vehicles? Who are you trying to persuade? Or could you at least take it to a thread not dedicated to discussions of the Mopar catalog?
Point taken and fair. In defense it's hard for the discussion (to which I contributed, not originated, and you may be talking to more people than me) of a new Wrangler: itself a luxury good, to not take an introspective turn, when talking about the luxury accessories of the MOPAR catalogue to that luxury vehicle.

But you're right....the topic of spending on these items is largely already known, may best serve its own post, and may take away from the feeds/speeds/specifications aspects of these goods this thread was originated with intent on discussing.

Apologies.
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Point taken and fair. In defense it's hard for the discussion (to which I contributed, not originated, and you may be talking to more people than me) of a new Wrangler: itself a luxury good, to not take an introspective turn, when talking about the luxury accessories of the MOPAR catalogue to that luxury vehicle.

But you're right....the topic of spending on these items is largely already known, may best serve its own post, and may take away from the feeds/speeds/specifications aspects of these goods this thread was originated with intent on discussing.

Apologies.
My job in nearly every meeting I attend (fortunately, not many) is to short-circuit unproductive tangents. Of course, my tangents are always productive and substantive.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think Spank makes a solid point. I respect his opinion, and right to have it but were it me making this argument I might call some of the people who finance modications "weak," and the others foolish.
You're not getting it. And I guess I should let this go but I'm not going to because I like this place and I want it to be cool so here it goes.

Both you and @Spank believe that when buying mods it is better to pay cash than finance and you have valid reasons for that. That's fine. You are entitled to that opinion and you can share some of the facts and we can even talk about some of the boundary cases where maybe it works better to finance and everyone can learn something and that is cool.

But that is not what either of you did. You decided instead to talk about how the person making a different decision is an idiot, weak, or foolish. And that is not cool.

I came here to talk about Jeeps. not to get judged by others on financial responsibility. As I have said on many threads get educated, do the math, and make your own decision. I'm not your father and I am not going to tell you what to do. You want to help educate people. Great. You want to tell them what to do - that just makes you come off like a self-righteous asshole.

I am sure there is a forum on the Internet where they talk about financial responsibility all day long. Do that there. Here, let's be cool to each other and talk about Jeeps.

Sponsored

Knjkime

First Name
Kirby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK
I can appreciate that Mopar wants to get in on the aftermarket parts action, but they do realize they need to come down on their prices to compete, right? They're charging almost double over virtually everyone else who sells the same Bilsteins. $600 for a snorkel? $1,500 for springs, two non-adjustable control arms, some swaybar links, and shocks? Are you shitting me?
But they also know people will pay so they can have it rolled into financing and have it before aftermarket can roll out their options

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
Thanks to this Mopar catalog, getting a Rubicon is kinda pointless if you were on the fence about getting one or not.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
You're not getting it. And I guess I should let this go but I'm not going to because I like this place and I want it to be cool so here it goes.

Both you and @Spank believe that when buying mods it is better to pay cash than finance and you have valid reasons for that. That's fine. You are entitled to that opinion and you can share some of the facts and we can even talk about some of the boundary cases where maybe it works better to finance and everyone can learn something and that is cool.

But that is not what either of you did. You decided instead to talk about how the person making a different decision is an idiot, weak, or foolish. And that is not cool.

I came here to talk about Jeeps. not to get judged by others on financial responsibility. As I have said on many threads get educated, do the math, and make your own decision. I'm not your father and I am not going to tell you what to do. You want to help educate people. Great. You want to tell them what to do - that just makes you come off like a self-righteous asshole.

I am sure there is a forum on the Internet where they talk about financial responsibility all day long. Do that there. Here, let's be cool to each other and talk about Jeeps.
I hear you ThirtyOne, and your points about personal choice and responsibility do resonate with me. I do apologize if I have offended, and will keep this brief to keep another promise that this thread, at least to the extent that I can, remain about parts.

We are all free to value things as we see fit--point taken. I labelled foolish those who don't understand debt, and only weak (myself included) those who financial experts, not me, would label as financially unsound (in most cases) for going into debt to buy accessories (i.e. highly depreciable assets.) I agree that "idiot" is inappropriate: which is what motivated me to comment, just as my comments motivated your thoughts.

ThirtyOne: '96 Odyssey, "time to think of me," ... you're singing my tune: '03 Pilot.

If I may "change gears" back to the thread (something our shared Hondas aren't known for, especially when I'll bet we're both pushing 150K+ miles,) where are the donut hole tire covers for the new backup camera on the JL?

Sponsored

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Came here to read on the available Mopar Parts... leaving wondering if I am making a mistake by having my girlfriend purchase a fully loaded JL :angel:

Also, is it financially irresponsible to get guacamole on my chipotle burrito every time? I mean, it’s almost $2 extra!;)

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I hear you ThirtyOne, and your points about personal choice and responsibility do resonate with me. I do apologize if I have offended, and will keep this brief to keep another promise that this thread, at least to the extent that I can, remain about parts.

We are all free to value things as we see fit--point taken. I labelled foolish those who don't understand debt, and only weak (myself included) those who financial experts, not me, would label as financially unsound (in most cases) for going into debt to buy accessories (i.e. highly depreciable assets.) I agree that "idiot" is inappropriate: which is what motivated me to comment, just as my comments motivated your thoughts.

ThirtyOne: '96 Odyssey, "time to think of me," ... you're singing my tune: '03 Pilot.

If I may "change gears" back to the thread (something our shared Hondas aren't known for, especially when I'll bet we're both pushing 150K+ miles,) where are the donut hole tire covers for the new backup camera on the JL?
You're fine. just needed to make a point.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I think we may need a "financial sense econ thread" to discuss what makes the most financial sense with various ordering options. I'd like to discuss the actual accessories.

Do we know if the lifts are actually designed to compensate for extra weight, or are they a lift only?

I'd rather see heavier rate springs in the stock height to accommodate extra gear, fuel, water, RTT...etc.

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been searching for the ones I initially saw on the Internet (can't remember where) but Mopar did have a couple, including one with palm trees and a girls with a surf board. They seem to have gone AWOL though. They did indeed have a reinforced plastic ring that slid over the camera.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I've been searching for the ones I initially saw on the Internet (can't remember where) but Mopar did have a couple, including one with palm trees and a girls with a surf board. They seem to have gone AWOL though. They did indeed have a reinforced plastic ring that slid over the camera.
Dare I say banessi that you saw them in a picture of the MOPAR parts as featured in the LA show, despite their absence in the current version of the MOPAR catalog.

Well, that's at least where I saw them...
Sponsored