Sponsored

Full 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Performance Parts (Mopar) Catalog

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase

JohnF

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Willy's
Came here to read about Jeep parts and see what mods everyone was planning on doing. After reading all that financial responsibility crap I'm wondering if I should just go to Carmax and buy a 2012 so I can save 20K. This thread turned into a real downer.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
JohnF,

I'll help you out. I plan on all the basic stuff, winch, aux tank, 35s...etc.

From MOPAR it may only be the tailgate table, grab hadles, Molle Bags, and maybe the snorkel if AEV doesn't come out with one.

Sponsored

Wolfslash16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Firecracker Recon.
Geez this thread is depressing!

Can we just go back to talking about the parts? I love how they include the JK and the JL. It's cool to see a crossover.

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase

JD Flick

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Algorithmic Trading Strategies
Very cool. I'm a little disappointed there is no 4" lift for the JL. But maybe that is to come soon.

Also missing:
  • Exhaust for JL
  • Half doors for JL (but the tube doors are cool)
  • I wish the Rubicon winch had a wireless remote control.

Last edited:

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
I’m tempted by that compass cover. Depends on how much it is.

Side note though, are tire covers mainly just for aesthetics and keeping the tire clean?

When I lived in Arizona people would cover their tires to protect them from the sun. Overtime, the tires could dry up and crack/start to brittle. The sun is intense in PHX though.

Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
When I lived in Arizona people would cover their tires to protect them from the sun. Overtime, the tires could dry up and crack/start to brittle. The sun is intense in PHX though.
Ahh okay thanks! I live in DFW so it’s usually hot in the summers but less of a dry heat than what’s in PHX.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Ahh okay thanks! I live in DFW so it’s usually hot in the summers but less of a dry heat than what’s in PHX.
I should also add that people would get around this with conditioning applications they would apply to the tires. The cover wasn't necessary, just convenient.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Does anyone have accessory invoice prices? This is a huge missing piece of the puzzle!!
You are much less likely to get invoice pricing on any parts. They will make something on you and have no reason to sell them for a loss or for cost.

Larsf

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn vue
I see your point big time, but I dunno man...cost difference MSRP between a base Sport and base Rubicon (talking 4 door) is exactly $10k

I dont think you could make a Sport into a Rubicon for that, its a significant list lol. I know you can do without some of this stuff, or aftermarket some of it/most of it, but talking straight stock for stock....

HD 44 front
HD 44 rear
add a set of 4.10s
add lockers
add 1" of lift (however you want to get it, buy rubi springs, buy a kit, whichever)
add the transfer case
add shocks
add premium seats
add high line fenders
add the hood
add the 7" uconnect package
swap the dash panels
add rubi wheels
add 33s
add the other bells/whistles you get standard on a rubicon

then add all the labor necessary or your time if you did it yourself....I dont see you making it for $10k

Rather than trying to replicate a rubicon, how would you build up a sport or S into something as or more capable off road than a rubicon for around the same ending cost with parts with the mopar catalogue (avoiding opening up to all the third party mods)? We could forgo hood, interior upgrades,...

Looks like you could get the 44’s as an option on the sport S.
Then you could get the Mopar 2in lift, big brakes, high line fenders, and 35 or 37 tires.
What else?

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Rather than trying to replicate a rubicon, how would you build up a sport or S into something as or more capable off road than a rubicon for around the same ending cost with parts with the mopar catalogue (avoiding opening up to all the third party mods)? We could forgo hood, interior upgrades,...

Looks like you could get the 44’s as an option on the sport S.
Then you could get the Mopar 2in lift, big brakes, high line fenders, and 35 or 37 tires.
What else?
Well honestly going away from the MOPAR catalog is the only way you could make a better version of a Rubicon and not spend a fortune. Aftermarket is typically better than MOPAR in most cases...I mean there are exceptions...but for the most part the amount of money you pay for MOPAR stuff you can generally find cheaper in aftermarket....that does not mean its any better or worse quality...just better bang for the buck typically.

You can pluck 44s or 60s out of any old iron junk yard dog, clean them up, gear and lock them for a heck of a lot cheaper than anything out of a MOPAR catalog, and especially cheaper than some $3k-$5k aftermarket axle assembly.

BUT theoretically if you wanted to stay MOPAR then yea all you need is locked and geared 44 axles, new tires and call it a day. If you wanted to step into 37s I would put some extra money in the axles though. Guessets at an absolute minimum, followed by sleeves or a truss (or for the added insurance do both). Eventually swap over to some seriously high quality gears and shafts, a good locker (stock e locker is fine...but honestly if I was going to beat 37s up and down trails all the time I would probably step up to an ARB air locker and RCVs....maybe even get a Jana kit and grind out those 44 insides to keep the small pumpkin but add the larger carrier/ring/pinion.

All this assumes money is no object, or its a slow and steady upgrade path. All of this can be done so much cheaper than using any MOPAR parts.
Sponsored