Sponsored

Full 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Performance Parts (Mopar) Catalog

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
When can we order this stuff?
Depends on the item - My tailgate reinforcement and all wether mats have shipped and they are on the way to my home.

But, I was unable to order the winch mounting kit.

If you google the part numbers, easy to find places that sell them. FWIW the two parts that shipped show up on mopar.com but winch mounts do not.
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I find it funny that it states the Lift is for off-road purposes only, cannot be installed by a dealership, or financed with the vehicle. All the dealerships in the Chicagoland area have JKs with molar lifts for sale brand new...
Are you sure about financing?

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
Depends on the item - My tailgate reinforcement and all wether mats have shipped and they are on the way to my home.

But, I was unable to order the winch mounting kit.

If you google the part numbers, easy to find places that sell them. FWIW the two parts that shipped show up on mopar.com but winch mounts do not.
What size and detail of winch are you thinking of 10K or 12K, wireless, synthetic? Brand - Warn, Smittybilt, other? Thanks

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What size and detail of winch are you thinking of 10K or 12K, wireless, synthetic? Brand - Warn, Smittybilt, other? Thanks
Building an overland rig, so I wanted the lightest Warn within reason - So I got a M8000 with synthetic line. I'll move the control pack to the engine bay with wireless and manual control on the dashboard.

The m8000s is about 20lbs lighter than the Zeon 8s.

M8000 is a little bit on the weak side, but it's been made for many many years and known for reliability.

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
Building an overland rig, so I wanted the lightest Warn within reason - So I got a M8000 with synthetic line. I'll move the control pack to the engine bay with wireless and manual control on the dashboard.

The m8000s is about 20lbs lighter than the Zeon 8s.

M8000 is a little bit on the weak side, but it's been made for many many years and known for reliability.
Appreciate the answer, there are a lot of options and reasons for those options. I'd like to go with a faster line speed, synthetic and wireless. The heaviest use would be if I had to pull the jeep up and out. The normal use would be helping someone get going, pulling fallen trees out of the way, loading dead toys back onto the trailer and pulling bushes and little stumps out around the yard. I'm thinking the 9.5 series. Yet need more common sense input to make a decision. Let me know if you have more ideas on this, Thanks.

Sponsored

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the answer, there are a lot of options and reasons for those options. I'd like to go with a faster line speed, synthetic and wireless. The heaviest use would be if I had to pull the jeep up and out. The normal use would be helping someone get going, pulling fallen trees out of the way, loading dead toys back onto the trailer and pulling bushes and little stumps out around the yard. I'm thinking the 9.5 series. Yet need more common sense input to make a decision. Let me know if you have more ideas on this, Thanks.
I'd agree - for you a 9.5 is a great choice.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I can appreciate that Mopar wants to get in on the aftermarket parts action, but they do realize they need to come down on their prices to compete, right? They're charging almost double over virtually everyone else who sells the same Bilsteins. $600 for a snorkel? $1,500 for springs, two non-adjustable control arms, some swaybar links, and shocks? Are you shitting me?

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I can appreciate that Mopar wants to get in on the aftermarket parts action, but they do realize they need to come down on their prices to compete, right? They're charging almost double over virtually everyone else who sells the same Bilsteins. $600 for a snorkel? $1,500 for springs, two non-adjustable control arms, some swaybar links, and shocks? Are you shitting me?
I was thinking the same thing with the 2" lift. I guess you can charge that when its going to be warrantied and you can roll it into the financing.

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
No rear tire covers yet? Has anybody seen anything more on those? I know there were a few early pics but haven’t found anything since.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking the same thing with the 2" lift. I guess you can charge that when its going to be warrantied and you can roll it into the financing.
I suppose, but anyone who finances modifications on a vehicle that isn't paid off to begin with is just an idiot.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I suppose, but anyone who finances modifications on a vehicle that isn't paid off to begin with is just an idiot.
You know there may be some people who are going to do that. You don't have to call them idiots.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know there may be some people who are going to do that. You don't have to call them idiots.
Oh, I don't doubt it. It's an incredibly foolish and financially irresponsible thing to do. But hey, it ain't my debt.

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Oh, I don't doubt it. It's an incredibly foolish and financially irresponsible thing to do. But hey, it ain't my debt.
Everyone willing to shell out 40k+ for a Jeep and drop another 5-10K on modifications is incredibly foolish and financially irresponsible in one way or another. But we are all Jeep owners and enthusiasts and that's what we do.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everyone willing to shell out 40k+ for a Jeep and drop another 5-10K on modifications is incredibly foolish and financially irresponsible in one way or another. But we are all Jeep owners and enthusiasts and that's what we do.
I'm not talking about the cost of modifications. I'm talking about whether you actually own the parts you're putting on your Jeep. There's nothing foolish in owning modifications. But hey, that's just like, my opinion, man.
Sponsored