Fuelly Economy

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
Just wondering what fuel economy some of you are getting over all on Fuelly? Not really interested in what your Lie-O-Meter says, just real numbers.

Mine has decreased 2-3 mpg with the addition of 33" tires and a new front bumper. My guess is the inserts between the bumper and fender on the Sports does help with economy.
Sponsored

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Mopar 2" lift, 35 KO2, on level highway in eighth gear - teeters between 19-23

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Just wondering what fuel economy some of you are getting over all on Fuelly? Not really interested in what your Lie-O-Meter says, just real numbers.

Mine has decreased 2-3 mpg with the addition of 33" tires and a new front bumper. My guess is the inserts between the bumper and fender on the Sports does help with economy.
Speed 65 on cruise control

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
Rubi with auto trans 37's hand calculated I'm about 16. Going to Moab with wind I was down to 14

Jeepo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB C250; Audi A4; Toyota 4Runner; Ram 1500; Ducati Panigale; Harley Davidson Road King; Trek Mountain Bike; Segway.........
16-17 mpg, 70% city driving on a stock manual 2 door JLR

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Sport s 6 speed with rubi takeoff suspension/wheels/tires. 20 mpg on hwy and 16 around town. Lost about 3mpg going away from stock 31" hwy tires.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Another MPG thread? As if there isn't 20 already.

Unlimited Rubi. 37" AT's on 17" beadlocks (balanced with 7oz balance beads per wheel). 2.5" lift. EVO roof rack. Flat fenders. Steel front stubby bumper with winch.

About 15mpg average. Straight highway? Around 17mpg.

And those are calculated numbers.

OP
OP

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
Another MPG thread? As if there isn't 20 already.

Unlimited Rubi. 37" AT's on 17" beadlocks (balanced with 7oz balance beads per wheel). 2.5" lift. EVO roof rack. Flat fenders. Steel front stubby bumper with winch.

About 15mpg average. Straight highway? Around 17mpg.

And those are calculated numbers.
You are correct, there are a lot of fuel economy threads. But they are all full of people quoting their dash indication, which means little to me.

There is also an issue of reading comprehension also.....I specifically asked for information from those with a fuelly account. Now I appreciate you and others who have responded with your hand calcs, but would really like to see some averages over the life of your Jeep. That's why I asked for Fuelly averages.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Stock 2 door Rubicon, soft top, 6speed MT

3D9040AF-0F31-4F05-BC56-40E00D3C63F3.png

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

The "lie-o-meter" is actually spot-on, as long as you reset it each time you fill the tank up. Mine was getting 20 average and fell to 18 or so after adding the tires. This matches perfectly with my fuelly data.

Last edited:
OP
OP

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
The "lie-o-meter" is actually spot-on, as long as you reset it each time you fill the tank up. Mine was getting 20 average and fell to 18 or so after adding the tires. This matches perfectly with my fuelly data.
I'm happy for you.....really I am. However, NONE of the dash fuel economy indicators in ANY vehicle I have ever owned have been accurate. They have all indicated higher fuel economy than I got TANK TO TANK. Is that clear? I have no interest in what your dash says nor anyone else's either.

That's why I asked for Fuelly results.

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
My bad I didn't even know about a app fuelly. A good old calculator is all I've ever needed after a while you kinda have a good idea where your at by how many miles you get on a tank but maybe I'm stubborn or stupid.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
You are correct, there are a lot of fuel economy threads. But they are all full of people quoting their dash indication, which means little to me.

There is also an issue of reading comprehension also.....I specifically asked for information from those with a fuelly account. Now I appreciate you and others who have responded with your hand calcs, but would really like to see some averages over the life of your Jeep. That's why I asked for Fuelly averages.
Mine is an app average. It's calculated, not from the dash.

Fuelly is used by few. Their aCar companion app for android and iOS is terrible.

I use AUTOsist - it's a hell of a lot cleaner and easier to use. Just doesn't push a little MPG widget that nobody cares about.

;)
Sponsored