Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
What speed on the highway?
70. It’s the limit here, and I drove fairly sedate TBH, especially with a vehicle as big and (comparatively) under powered as the JLU 3.6L. It was harder to honor the speed limit in my VW GTI, but the jeep doesn’t absolutely love going much faster than 70.
Sponsored

Silly_Syko

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
US Navy
I noticed similar results going from 70 to 75 and then 80. At my normal 80 cruise I would do with my car that I was used to I was barely getting 14. I had to really watch my acceleration to even get near it. At 75 I am averaging 15s on the highway. We have lots of hills where I drive in michigan so that doesn’t help. Cruising at 70 is just so slow around here.
Funny you said Michigan, that was the drive I did, basically I drove from Chicago to Detroit and back because I was picking up a steel bumper.

I agree 70 is pretty slow considering I’m originally from California where the normal slow lane is doing 85 in a 70.

I don’t know if I can keep my Jeep at 70 but now after doing this I’m going to try to keep it at 75 or under. It’s just insane that driving 5mph slower will save you a gallon or two of gas which at these current prices… That adds up quick.

guzie

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Funny you said Michigan, that was the drive I did, basically I drove from Chicago to Detroit and back because I was picking up a steel bumper.

I agree 70 is pretty slow considering I’m originally from California where the normal slow lane is doing 85 in a 70.

I don’t know if I can keep my Jeep at 70 but now after doing this I’m going to try to keep it at 75 or under. It’s just insane that driving 5mph slower will save you a gallon or two of gas which at these current prices… That adds up quick.
Yeah. I will be hard pressed to hold it down to 70 around here. Many mom vans and big trucks rolling 80 all around me. These gas prices do really help me as I argue with my internal speed demon. My warmer weather fun car is a 2018 Mustang Shelby GT350. Been a track guy with sports cars for 8+ years so speed and curves are my thing. The Jeep does help me to just “chill”.

Silly_Syko

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
US Navy
Yeah. I will be hard pressed to hold it down to 70 around here. Many mom vans and big trucks rolling 80 all around me. These gas prices do really help me as I argue with my internal speed demon. My warmer weather fun car is a 2018 Mustang Shelby GT350. Been a track guy with sports cars for 8+ years so speed and curves are my thing. The Jeep does help me to just “chill”.
Soon as summer rolls fully in, the Harley comes back on the road and I’m back to 42 mpg as a commuter and errand runner that doesn’t require me to carry anything.

Also don’t quote me on this, but I think they put an additive that stops gas from freezing in the winter and makes the gas mileage worse. I know the bmw I traded in would get close to 23mpg avg but as soon as November came, that went down to 17mpg avg.

guzie

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Soon as summer rolls fully in, the Harley comes back on the road and I’m back to 42 mpg as a commuter and errand runner that doesn’t require me to carry anything.

Also don’t quote me on this, but I think they put an additive that stops gas from freezing in the winter and makes the gas mileage worse. I know the bmw I traded in would get close to 23mpg avg but as soon as November came, that went down to 17mpg avg.
There is a summer and winter blend for fuel. Not sure what changes.

Sponsored

JeepGeezer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I. guess it must be that the Rubicon versions are heavier, are geared differently and have larger engines compared to the base models with their 4 cylinder Turbo engines. Otherwise I can't see a reason for the astonishing difference in fuel economy between the figures in this thread and what I am seeing on my lowly Sport S.

But then I don't guess that people buy Jeeps for their fuel economy.

koinneach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jluxr

Good video comparing a regular Rubi i4 turbo vs a V6 etorque Rubi XR. Not much of a difference!

halewest

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
What kind of fuel mileage are you getting with your new Rubicon Xtreme Recon package? I personally have not been getting what is advertised on the sticker but also didn't buy this thing for the mileage either. Currently I am getting closer to 14-15 MPG on mine but I only have about 1100 miles on it too.
Unfortunately with these Jeeps and tire size unless you run 40PSI you won't get much better, but the ride is terrible at 40PSI so either sacrifice your back or your wallet. Neither one is a great option :)

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb
I. guess it must be that the Rubicon versions are heavier, are geared differently and have larger engines compared to the base models with their 4 cylinder Turbo engines. Otherwise I can't see a reason for the astonishing difference in fuel economy between the figures in this thread and what I am seeing on my lowly Sport S.

But then I don't guess that people buy Jeeps for their fuel economy.
These are with the XR package. They have 35's and 4.56 gears. WHOLE differnt animal from a Sport.. (31 ish tall tiers and 3.xx gears) or even a Rubicon NON XR (33's and 4.10 gears).

camo4stealth

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R 1250RS-'20, BMW R 1250GS-'20, Ducati 950SS
Occupation
Taxpayer
2 dr Rubicon, 3.6 auto. 19.x mpg with 60% town and 40% interstate. Up to 24 just interstate at 65 MPH.

Sponsored

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR
XR with 3.6L etorque and 8spd Auto (noting this for future readers when 2.0T XRs start getting delivered in more quantities).....
Does anyone else notice that above some MPH on flat highway (say 75mph to 80mph and up) that it kicks from 8th gear down to 7th and stays there vs. going to 8th? (running at 3000 or so RPM instead of low 2000s)

koinneach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jluxr
I don’t know people are getting such low mpg. Just took delivery of my JLUXR yesterday and drove it from the dealership to my home. This 80 mile trip was about 75% highway and 25% city/suburbs of NYC and I got 21mpg.

Today, I drove from my house to work, a 15 mile trip that’s approximately 20% local and 80% highway and I got 24mpg

D7769554-A920-4C8E-A078-456DF2A55DB7.jpeg

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR
I don’t know people are getting such low mpg. Just took delivery of my JLUXR yesterday and drove it from the dealership to my home. This 80 mile trip was about 75% highway and 25% city/suburbs of NYC and I got 21mpg.

Today, I drove from my house to work, a 15 mile trip that’s approximately 20% local and 80% highway and I got 24mpg

Jeep Wrangler JL Fuel Mileage - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Xtreme Recon Edition D7769554-A920-4C8E-A078-456DF2A55DB7
That's amazing. Do you have the 2.0T XR?
I'm averaging 15.3mpg or so with about 1200 miles it so far (3.6 eTorque JLUR XR). Regular gas. South Florida heat.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I don't know the exact mileage I'm getting out of this mostly stock JLUR, but I see this thing everytime I go to the gas station.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fuel Mileage - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Xtreme Recon Edition large shaft

koinneach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jluxr
That's amazing. Do you have the 2.0T XR?
I'm averaging 15.3mpg or so with about 1200 miles it so far (3.6 eTorque JLUR XR). Regular gas. South Florida heat.
I have the v6 etorque. I had a 2019 wk2 grand cherokee on 32” wildpeaks , no lift, that performs pretty similar in mpg to the JLUXR. I also had a 2014 grand cherokee with 32” , heavy wheels and 2.5” lift that got 16 mpg 😂
Sponsored